Philadelphia Miniatura

Welcome to Delaware Lynnie! You'll love it here and even get use to the traffic, eventually... LOL

I have no idea how I did it but I actually did get my Swiss Chalet done and a friend is taking it to the show for me for Friday night! So it will be there and everyone can see up close and personal my 144th scale Swiss Chalet winter scene. And I even managed to get my swaps done and in the mail too. Can you tell I'm ready for my vacation???

Oh if the Wrights aren't at this show, let me know. I may know of someone who can get me their contact information.

Enjoy the show and I"ll be there on Saturday myself.

Kay

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jamie, I will be there all day Saturday so let's plan to meet. Kay, thank you for the welcome to Delaware! I really really love it despite the traffic. :thumb: I had no choice but to get used to it because I drive into Philly everyday to go to work. :woot: I was never a highway driver until I moved to Delaware. Now, I'm a professional. :cool:

I knew there had to be a mini lover somewhere in Delaware! :)

Lynnie

Just a few days away!!!! I'm almost packed and ready to head out the door. I just can't wait! I leave Friday morning. :lol:

Pack the weekend bag, clean out "hatchback" of the SUV to make room for all the minis to purchase, make sure I have lots of cash for all the minis I want to purchase, bring the mini cross stitch project to work on at night to calm myself down fromseeing all the minis that I'm holding back from purchasing..... am I forgetting anything? :D :lol:

I'll contact your girls who will be there on Saturday, towards 3pm or so. that way I know you'll be there. Or you can call me when you get in. I've already programmed your #'s into my phone. Although I'm getting a new phone this week... So I'll have to do it all over again! LOL :lol:

Well it sounds like everyone is all ready to spend, spend, and look, look, look. I am going down with our local Syracuse mini club on Sat instead of staying down and taking any classes. Blue my budget last year but maybe next year I will try foe some classes. Enjoy yourselves, you will have fun.

Alright ladies!! I am raring to go. I want to leave my house after I drop my son off at preschool, but then I will get stuck in morning rush traffic on the parkway. So I will come home and clean & pack up the car.

I'll pack a small cooler with some foods so I don't have spend alot of money in resturants and such. I went to the grocery store tonight to get an 6 pack of water, wheat thins, hummus, etc. I'll save my money for the minis!!!

The camera battery is all charged and I have a few digital cards ready to go. My bags are packed and waiting by the door. Car is gassed up, and I probably won't be able to sleep because I'll be so anxious!!!

Jamie I will see you tomorrow! I've got my tote bag packed with my wish list and two cameras. I think Kay should be back from her cruise by now although I haven't heard from her. We were going to coordinate the "fastest route" from our area (Newark and Bear) to the show. But if I don't hear from her I'll just take the most direct route there. Either way, I'll be there! :yikes: Tracy, I will stop by Rik's table, say "Hi" for you and take some photos. Gosh, I'm not gonna be able to sleep tonight! :rudolph:

Lynnie

Jaimie & Lynne,

It was so great getting to meet both of you and so much fun!!! It's great to know that we are so close to each other too. Another great friendship started at a mini show. LOL Get in touch when you get back home and lets see when we can all get togethere again. It was a great show and so much to see!!! They had four rooms full of stuff!!! Not enough time in a day to see it all.

Kay

Sounds Wonderful Kay!! did you get to take any pictures? I know some people say no but some are always happy to let you take pictures of there work (Especially if you ask the to stand with the table). I am always so happy to take pictures because I can relive the experiance. There is one that I always love to go back and look at pictures of. The name of there company is Mini Moons Ago. You can see pictures of that show by clicking here:130974235SRpKUq_th.jpg

That's why I am always asking if people have pictures. It's always so amazing why people come up with from there imagination!!

:banana:

I didn't take any pictures because I totally forgot my camera! However I did meet Rik and talked with him a bit. Wow he had this house there that was a historic recreation and it was huge and such terrific work in it!!! I was totally amazed and what he did!!! It was so good. Lynne and I told him we knew you from the forum and he just raved about you too Tracy. It was awe inspiring seeing all the work and things for sale and the displays.

I think Lynne and Jaimie are going to put some pictures up when they get back though too.

Kay

I have to say Rik's house amazed me the most I think. The work he put into it just blew my mind!!!

However one of the things that really stood out in my mind was a room box, well actually an outdoor garden type glass room box that was selling for $12,000.00. The price shocked me and it wasn't really that great I didn't think, yet people were buying them! Makes me wonder why we are selling things for the prices we do on ebay! Sadly, that wasn't rare either, that was about the middle of the road pricing on room boxes. That stands out in my mind the most I think really.

Like I said to Jaimie and Lynne, I think I need to raise my prices! Even the few 144th scale houses I saw were selling for at least $185! I think that is what stood out the most, the prices.

It was a real experience though to see so many great artists together at one time. Believe me, I sure felt tiny! LOL

I have to say Rik's house amazed me the most I think. The work he put into it just blew my mind!!!

However one of the things that really stood out in my mind was a room box, well actually an outdoor garden type glass room box that was selling for $12,000.00. The price shocked me and it wasn't really that great I didn't think, yet people were buying them! Makes me wonder why we are selling things for the prices we do on ebay! Sadly, that wasn't rare either, that was about the middle of the road pricing on room boxes. That stands out in my mind the most I think really.

Like I said to Jaimie and Lynne, I think I need to raise my prices! Even the few 144th scale houses I saw were selling for at least $185! I think that is what stood out the most, the prices.

It was a real experience though to see so many great artists together at one time. Believe me, I sure felt tiny! LOL

Did you really mean $12,000? I use to think I wanted to go to one of these shows, but now I can see it wouldn't do me much good.

Now that is a LOT for a roombox!! Your 144th houses looks so wonderful!! You get good prices for your creations, on ebay (considering it is ebay the worlds largest garage sale) but I agree, you deserve MUCH more!! It always makes me want to "raise the bar" when I come back froma show.

Wow, I wish I would have gone. I was gonna come with my oldest daughter Rachel (She's 9 ) but I am afraid to fly. We were gonna take a class together (The 3-d roombox one) but with the new house being built, I did not think we could afford it right now (And we really can't) but I sure hope next year I'll be able to go to that one.

Yep Peggy, I really did mean $12,000.00! Don't worry I was shocked too! There were some houses that were even a lot more than that.

I know what you mean Tracy, I kept thinking the whole time, "man I am way too cheap on selling my stuff!" You're so right on ebay being one big garage sale anymore and it's really sad too.

There were some reasonably priced items there too though, Peggy, and not everyone had prices that high. Those were just some of the ones that really surprised me a lot.

Shot if I could get prices like that, I wouldn't have any financial problems ever again! LOL Even at that it was a very eye opening experience.

Ohhh Peggi, you would find some things there. At the International show in Chicago there were so many different prices. Some people even gave my daughters free gifts for coming to the show and being good. I thought that was so sweet too!!

Lady bug even told the girl (And all of us grown ups too) stories about fairies and I tell you, they both LOVE there fairies that they bought from her table. Don't miss the experiance. If you have a chance, you gotta go to one :thumb:

Peggi, you would be amazed at the neat little things you can find that are well within budget as well as the things you can see that spur you to go home & attempt yourself (some of them really help you understand why the artisan asks & gets the prices some of them do).

Ok yall have convince me, if one is ever in Atlanta or Macon, I will still try to go. I'm not saying the things are worth it. I know it's worth it what they asked--I did'nt mean to imply otherwise--it's just I could never afford that in one lump sum. Maybe why I like building and also when you order or make things as you go along you don't realize how much you've put in cause with $10 here and $30 there-it is spread out over time.

There may be a chance that it would make me quit, cause I could never live up to others work. With the wonderful artisans we have on the forum I sometimes feel intimidated. I consider myself a crafty person, but I'm really not an artistic person. I really have to work at it--its not something that comes naturally to me and I've never had any type, even the most rudimentary kind, in it. That's why I love this forum, with all its great tutorials and eye candy.

Even when I knitted and crocheted and cross-stitched, I learn from books and had to follow patterns.

Thanks for letting me know that there are other things to see and do and afford.

There may be a chance that it would make me quit, cause I could never live up to others work
Never sell yourself short, Peggi.

Even when I knitted and crocheted and cross-stitched, I learn from books and had to follow patterns.

And how do you think those "wonderful artisans" started? We a** followed the kit instructions at least the first time or two before we brazened out to try new things. Your ballet studio certainly proves your artisitc abilities!

I shop for two kinds of minis: the ones I haven't a clue how to make & can afford and the ones I'd like to try to make and can afford.