Golden Gate View Dollhouse by American Craft Products

Dalesq

I'm getting one that's already assembled but unfinished inside THIS SATURDAY!! Oops, blush, some of my excitement squeaked out. Anyway, I'll update everyone, and post photos and dimensions. :)

...I / we would like to see photos Debora. I couldn't really tell what colors were what or which parts were painted what from the box photo. :)

• Like 1

Mike, I really like your drawing and think it's pretty cool! I was just about to try drawing a flat pattern, using trim buildups for the details. I'm not a scratch builder (yet) so I was going to use housework windows and door and adjust dimensions accordingly. But I found an assembled one to rehab.

...I think your scratch idea would have been an excellent & simple solution. I might steal it!! :D

• Like 1

Well, it's supposed to be next after the Heritage and Studio...but now I have a whopper of an idea for the HBS 2013 kit...so, maybe this year, maybe not. :lol: And, I plan to add a little to the side to make room for bathrooms and stairs.
The only thing I've considered adding on to it is the Greenleaf greenhouse, but part of what I love about this model is its small footprint (I have a small RL house). I think the GGV has lots of possibilities for illusion rooms, or maybe an efficiency apartment design inside. I want to do a very small San Francisco style front courtyard for mine.

The house my sister lived in in SF was exactly this style - but in reality it would be 3-4 times as deep! If someone wanted a more authentic floorplan (and had the space), you could just add rooms on to the back of it and keep the walls open to reach into the rooms from the sides? (Or maybe just keep one wall open, since the area on the front door half of the house would be an entry, stairs, and a hallway.)

• Like 1

Has anyone else noticed that in the pic of the kit box, where it shows overall dimensions, it says 14"w x 12"d x 10 3/4"h. The height had to be a typo, that couldn't be correct.

Paula I think that's the size of each of the 2 rooms :)

The house my sister lived in in SF was exactly this style - but in reality it would be 3-4 times as deep! If someone wanted a more authentic floorplan (and had the space), you could just add rooms on to the back of it and keep the walls open to reach into the rooms from the sides? (Or maybe just keep one wall open, since the area on the front door half of the house would be an entry, stairs, and a hallway.)

Since mine didn't come with the floors, I may cut them longer and make wall additions. I am thinking I may have to hinge the walls so they open and show both floors all the way back. Shame on you for making my brain go through these gyrations. I need to improve my Google Sketch Up skills so I can draw it out like Mike and file it away.

I love the GGV and when I saw it the first thing I thought of was the TV show Too Close for Comfort. If I lengthen the floors, that will give me room for Henry Rush's studio area where he drew Cosmic Cow.

My big problem is time. Even though I am travel restricted from work for the next three weeks, I am about to start a Baslow for the county and state fair as I had a wonderful idea hit me. I also have two ides for the HBS 2013 and I don't know where I will find the time.

• Like 1

Has anyone else noticed that in the pic of the kit box, where it shows overall dimensions, it says 14"w x 12"d x 10 3/4"h. The height had to be a typo, that couldn't be correct.

When I bought mine she had already completed the front frame. It is 29 1/4" tall and 14" wide.

When I bought mine she had already completed the front frame. It is 29 1/4" tall and 14" wide.

The parts list on page 2 has the longest trim piece at 29 7/32" and the back at 26 3/8"

I was think'n the same thing Emily...also thought it could be hung on a wall like the Mckinley.

• Like 1

I was think'n the same thing Emily...also thought it could be hung on a wall like the Mckinley.
You could do this with this house, or you could make it a side open house. I've looked at several SF style houses that are accessed on the side and they are much deeper. But since part of what I love about this house is its small footprint, I'll be looking at other ways to satisfy the various room needs.

... But since part of what I love about this house is its small footprint, I'll be looking at other ways to satisfy the various room needs.

...can't wait to see photos of the interior when you start decorating... :)

I love the GGV and when I saw it the first thing I thought of was the TV show Too Close for Comfort. If I lengthen the floors, that will give me room for Henry Rush's studio area where he drew Cosmic Cow.

:O Oh, bringing back memories!!! :lol:

Hey everyone, I was able to pick up the house early and have posted the first photos (what will be the "before" images) in my gallery.

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/index.php?app=gallery&user=15386

This is going to be a rehab. But even with the work it needs, it's pretty nifty to be able to look at it across my living room. It's an elegant looking row house. :)

Hey everyone, I was able to pick up the house early and have posted the first photos (what will be the "before" images) in my gallery.

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/index.php?app=gallery&user=15386

This is going to be a rehab. But even with the work it needs, it's pretty nifty to be able to look at it across my living room. It's an elegant looking row house. :)

Just took a peek at your gallery. The pictures are good, I know you have work to do on it, but from the pictures it looks like it is in pretty good shape. I love the design and look of it. I'll look forward to your progress on this house.

...not sure I put it together correctly - not having the actual parts in front of me - in particular - grooved & notched ...The reddish brown is 1/8" hardboard, the front wall is 1/4" plywood & strip wood framing, the sides & floors are 1/4" plywood also, & the back base is 3/8" plywood - I think that's all correct?

Okay, I'm not as good at this as Mike, but here's some info about its construction and dimensions:

The sides and front are all beam construction that interlocks together. The sides have siding strips on the exterior and hardboard or Masonite pieces to cover the framing on the inside. The floors and roof are Masonite hardboard, and the back is hinged and the same material. Mike's interior drawing is really really close, but I don't think it allows for the added thickness on the sides attributable to the framing.

Dimensions for each floor not including the bay are about 13-15/16" wide, 12-3/16" deep. Staircase is 4" deep. Bay windows are 5-5/16" wide and 2-3/4" deep. The framing around the front door extends into the first floor room 1-7/8" and there is a 9/16" gap between the front door framework and the right hand side wall. The framework around the door is 5" wide.

The base of the foundation to the first floor is 4-1/2". From the first to second floor it's 10-3/4", and from the second floor to the roof it's about 11".

Let me know if you need more numbers.