Where do YOU buy your minis?

Rowan555

I'd love some suggestions for online mini stores. I've placed orders at miniatures.com and Earth and Tree Miniatures - can you recommend any other online stores that have INEXPENSIVE minis to buy? I find miniatures.com a bit high on some items, but the 20% off helped. I'm VERY tempted to order a bunch at craftsetc.com, but the $9 shipping is holding me back. I'm wondering if I should check out some other places first. Mainly looking for accessories at this point.

There are tons!!...to save on shipping, I'd recommend dejouxminiatures.com ($2.95 flat shipping), manorhouseminiatures.com ($3.95 flat shipping), or one of my favorites dollhouseminiatures.net (Mainly Mini's - free shipping!).

Manor House has weekly sales, and they've just annouced a new scratch-and-dent section. If you subscribe, you'll get weekly emails of the specials.

I like www.dollhouseminiatures.com . They don't have a huge selection, but do have stuff I haven't been able to find elsewhere (like stuff for a toolshop/workshop that will be one room of my house.) And their shipping is cheap, too.

Someone here told me they had a bad experience with them...but so far I've had very good customer service: had to return a door, which they were quick to refund my money; answered questions over the phone about the scale of a piece I was interested in. They seem quick to ship, too.

Another place I like is www.dejouxminiatures.com

I kind of go from site to site to see who has sales, or "specials", or "closeouts", compare prices and shipping, and then go from there.

If you want stuff to print out and make, www.printmini.com is terrific! I've been having a great time making books and boxes and all sorts of other stuff from the site.

My thanks to all the folks here who directed me to these places!! :(

Other than 'Miniatures.com' and 'Oakridge Hobbies', I buy most of my stuff on eBay. If you buy from a 'store' they will combine shipping which works out to be not too expensive in most cases, especially for the smaller stuff. I just bought a toilet paper roll, candy dish, rose bottle and bible (she also threw in some cat food dishes for free) and shipping was only $1.50. If you're looking for accessories . . . this may be the way to go!

The stores mentioned above also have 'stores' on eBay.

dejouxminiatures.com is great! Good prices, low shipping rate, and now if you sign up as a loyal customer - basically sign up for their newsletter - you get a loyal customer discount.

And I agree about printmini.com They have a great selection of printables. You can also do a search for printable minis and find tons of things to print out. There are some great French sites, and it doesn't matter if you can't speak French - you are after the pictures!

Carol

ps. Try your local library for books about making minis from household items. My library has an online site that lets you browse the entire system and they will order any book you want. I've gotten some excellent ideas this way.

Hi Rowan,

I think everyone already mentioned the places that I shop online, though I have to confess that I don't do most of my shopping for minis online. I'm lucky enough to have a local miniature store still in business and her prices are usually better than I can find online plus no shipping charge and what she doesn't have in stock she'll happily special order for me so that's where I get most of my accessories.. plus she sells used miniature items for other people on consignment and sometimes those are Really good deals! Otherwise I tend to look in the charity thrift shops - it's amazing what you can find there on a lucky day :(

As for ordering online though. I've ordered from Earth & Tree (really nice folks), HBS and manorhouseminiatures (through their ebay store) and gotten some really nice inexpensive stuff through them. Tracy and Deb also have their very own online shops and some pretty cool stuff! :o

-David

Oh yeah, I forgot about our own lovlies on the forum here . . . Tracy (I bought my precious Willowcrest from her and my garden tutorial supplies) and Deb (gorgeous perfume bottles) and Anya (my new peacock is gorgeous! wait 'till you see it) and Wendy (my wicker furniture is on it's way) and . . . oh so many talented peeps out there!! :(

We bought our Grafield off of E-bay. It actually came from a toy store in Michigan. I think we payed like $175.00 for it. I wasn't has fortunate as Teresa was to get her Beacon Hill off of the side of the road. :( I am still in awe of that one.

Oh yeah we bought alot of our supplies from this tee tiny little mini of a house that sells minis and supplies. I need to take a picture of this place and show you all.

I have used Miniatures.com, Earth & Tree and Manor House. All three have been wonderful to work with. When it comes to shipping, Earth & Tree is free when you spend over $50, and Manor House is a flat $2.95. Miniatures.com has higher shipping, but they periodically have sales that offset the cost. The cost of the actual items is fairly comparable with all three, although it never hurts to compare.

Stacey

I've purchased from Manor House Miniatures and Miniatures.com - love the weekly specials at Manor house and their low shipping makes it less painful on the wallet when making smaller or frequent orders.

The dollhouse party option at miniatures.com is an unbeatable deal though ;) and they frequently have great specials that makes shopping there hard to resist :blink:

The quality of the products & customer service at both businesses has always been outstanding whenever I've ordered.

I just wanted to thank you all for this info - I didn't know about Manor House and I just visited and found the cutest little blue teaset. And it was cheap.

And then of course, since the shipping was a flat rate, I thought "Why not buy something else"

and now a chair, a copper pot, and mission table later...

(and the mission table technically won't fit into my Federal, but I loved it so much I decided what the heck)

so addictive.

I'll be checking out the other places as well.

Dejoux had some great stuff, too!

Thanks for the tips everybody!