House That Jack Built Kit Sale

queenannediva

Morgan, thanks for the suggestion. I was thinking it would make a cute knit shop and I was inspired by a series of books called the Beachstreet Knitting Society. The main character runs a knit shop and the upstairs is used for weekly meetings where friends get together and knit, drink tea and eat sweets. The environment was so inviting I wanted to recreate a bit of it in miniature.

I need to learn not to make new year resolutions as they become way to tempting to break, so much for no more kits. This morning I was talking with my mom about the Cheryl's Place and her face lit up. She really loves how it looks and was thrilled when I said I was thinking about doing it because I know how much she liked it. Long story short it was ordered this morning and she has already picked the exterior paint, a new bay for the front and a general idea of the interior walls. She wants textured plain colored walls like her real home and was looking at light fixtures for just the right ones. She doesn't have an interest in the building of the dollhouse herself but is enjoying the time we will spend together picking things out for it. It will be fun!

Does the bay she picked out fit or does work need to be done. I was thinking about putting a bay window in that isn't flush with the house to add dimension to the front look. Cheryl's house is one I have in waiting, thanks to the original post here!!

I don't know positively yet, I think the bay she picked out will need a bit of trim added around it to fit into the hole. I looked on miniatures.com for the window they used in the kit and compared sizes to the bay. There was a fraction of an inch difference between the two but I won't know for certain till mine arrives. : ) so excited now. When are you going to start yours? I'd love for some inspiration pictures.

I don't know positively yet, I think the bay she picked out will need a bit of trim added around it to fit into the hole. I looked on miniatures.com for the window they used in the kit and compared sizes to the bay. There was a fraction of an inch difference between the two but I won't know for certain till mine arrives. : ) so excited now. When are you going to start yours? I'd love for some inspiration pictures.

I need to finish the 1/2 scale Eastside Townhouse and Wentworth Court, but I am planning in my mind. The fingers are really getting itchy to open the box!

Uh oh. :drool2: I am thinking about grabbing one to have and put together when we move to a bigger place. Right now I have no space for a full-size dollhouse, but I like the Walton and Lisa Kay. Hmmmmmmmmmmm....I just found out that there's a Tuesday Morning even closer to where I live than the one I usually go to, so I might be checking that out this afternoon. :D

Ooh Linda go for it! I opened the box to the Holly Ann to make sure all the parts were ok before my mom hid it for this Christmas and the wood is absolutely beautifu. I can hardly wait to work with it. My Cheryl's place has shipped already and should be here Thursday!

I visited the Tuesday Morning in Glenmont, NY today. They had the Lisa Kay, Kotton Kandy, Robinette, and Christy Cottage. Same price online (but no shipping, of course!). If I were to choose any of the houses, I'd get the Walton as I'd love to do a 40s farmhouse and that one would be perfect. Still thinking about this, but don't want to miss out!

Hi Jason, welcome to the forum! This topic is about a sale at Tuesday Morning (a retailer) - the most expensive house or houses are $200 & shipping to CA is less than $30. Check it out here (scroll down)

I don't know if they have the dollhouses at your locale store, but you have quite a few in the LA area...they might be worth checking out.

Hey Mike,

Thanks for the welcome. Well i did check again and the price did go down on shipping. It's only $120 this time:

ship.jpg

I didn't realize the houses were available locally... thought they were just online. I'll have to check it out!

Thanks,

Jason

Hey Mike,

Thanks for the welcome. Well i did check again and the price did go down on shipping. It's only $120 this time:

ship.jpg

I didn't realize the houses were available locally... thought they were just online. I'll have to check it out!

Thanks,

Jason

As Kabrina said the shipping amount was low before??? Definitely try local !

Not sure, but I think there must be something screwy with the shipping calculator there. I put the mansard in the cart and proceeded to the shipping step...$19 and some odd cents. When I added the Holly Ann, shipping jumped up to $119.

Took the Holly Ann out of the cart and added the Katherine and the stupid thing threw an error saying cannot ship box or somesuch...

took out the Katherine, put some other kits in, calculated and shipping was $140 something...went back and then added the Katherine and shipping is now saying $14.64?!! What the heck? Wish I could afford everything I have in the cart right now so i could get it all shipped for that!

Okay, now I just added the Holly Ann back in and the shipping is still $14.64.

Also just checked their shipping policy to see if maybe I was getting a special rate for items totaling over a certain amount. Their policy page mentions "ship to store" dunno if they would do that but it might be worth emailing if you live close to a Tuesday Morning.

There is definitely something haywire with the shipping calculator because once I added other things, the Holly Ann didn't bounce up the shipping cost.

I just checked it out for shipping to me, I got a reasonable $25 for Cheryl's place... The Holly Ann was $125...a little less reasonable...to me, they seem like they would be the same size/dimensions and not sure why the price would do that. I'm not going to order either one, but if I was, I would definitely call, that's strange that it does that...

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, the shipping calculator is wacky. I went on every day for a week to order the 'Katherine' and the shipping costs ranged from $60.00 to $246.00 and somedays it said 'shipping error' and wouldn't give me any price. Then yesterday it came up at $14.95! I immediately tried to complete placing the order but hit a snag when I tried to enter my Canadian billing address (I was shipping to a US address but my billing address had to match my credit card). I ended up finding one at Amazon for $225.00, which is a little more than Tuesday Morning's $199.00 but I got free shipping and no tax so it ended up a little less than Tuesday Morning. I can't wait to get this beautiful dollhouse. :happydance:

• 2 weeks later...

My parents have just started building the House that Jack Built house they bought my niece for Christmas. Apparently the groove for the second floor was off, meaning that the stairs and first floor partition are now too short, and the second floor partition too tall. My dad is fiddling with all those pieces. (I asked why he doesn't just cut a new groove...?)

Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone else who bought one of these is having similar problems?

I think they're building the Cassie, but she said there's a second floor partition and the picture doesn't include one, so I'm not positive.

• 2 months later...

Emily, I'm currently building the Cassie dh(amongst so many others) as well. Mine has been going together fairly smoothly, there is a second floor partition to it. The only true issue I've had so far is some warping to the main roof piece. Had to get another set of hands to hold that and my back roof together to really make sure I could get it nailed in place while waiting for glue to dry, but other than that the grooves all matched up beautifully. :)