Aquarium Stones

heidiiiii

I am trying something really different people!

I am putting tile grout on house and covering it with black aquarium stones (clean out of the bag!)

I dont know what made me think of this but let me know what you all think

Pics are in my blog.

oooo that looks good!

I used the plain brown rock for the Haunted house chimney last yr.

I love the way it looks.

I like how you are using the strips to divide the areas before stoning them.

very unique.

more SOON plzzz ;)

nutti :blink:

:blink: Update

80% of the stones DIDN`T stick! I have spent the last half hour scraping off the remainder. I used plenty of tile spackling but it was either the wood, the stones, or bad mojo!

Not to worry, I have a Plan B.

:blink: Update

80% of the stones DIDN`T stick! Not to worry, I have a Plan B.

Oh, that's too bad -- it looked so good. Maybe one needs to use grout with the stone instead of spackle? Hmmm. Guess we need to do more research :lol:

Can't wait to see Plan B -- the suspense is killing me!

Maybe one needs to use grout with the stone instead of spackle?

I am sorry. Mixed up my words this morning. I used tile grout. I have used it before in real life tiling, so I know how to mix it and I made sure there was a generous amount to grab to stones. I didnt want to have to throw any on top cause that would have covered the color of the stones and it would have been a really big mess!

I am working on the house now but i want to see the results b4 I do the reveal! LOL I sound like Ty on Extreme Home Makeover.

when I did mine I used spackle and I mixed in some tacky glue for good measure....

still on the chimney....

I dunno if that will help.

darn it all that work you did and it looked so good! :lol:

nutti :blink:

I can't wait to see Plan B either...............Hurry, the suspense is killing me. Your orchid looks super! Love the theme

Plan B is....(insert drumroll here)

Papier Mache with brown paper lunch bags, water, and glue.

It covers the evils of the botched stone attempt and it gives a leathery look to the house. After I have covered the house I will put the strips of wood back and paint the paper.

I have posted what has gone on so far.

Checked out the blog -- Looks good with the papier mache, too! Terrific idea to use the brown paper. Plan B looks like it will be equally unique & I'm anxious to see how it looks painted. :blink:

I love your experiment! I thought the stone looked great for an art gallery. We have a store in my area that is covered in what looks like the rock material used in landscaping. It looks great. You're house reminded me of that store. A shame it didn't work out. Good luck on plan b!!!!! :blink:

Thanks all! :lol:

I dont let certain things get the best of me. As I have learned in here...Everything is fixable!

I have finished with papering and started painting. It is looking like something my mother would say. "bad word Brindle Brown!" :blink: But that is my intention. I wanted it to look as muddy as I could get it. I have some ideas floating around in my head this morning.

I might sponge another color on top. Draw cracks or stones onto the face. It still has some more painting b4 I do that. I am going to replace the wood strips that I had on before though. I liked the way that looked.

Time to soldier on!