The Orchid

KathieB

If I were smart, I would have seamed the edges, but I didn't ... so I had to cover them with binding, which is ribbon from Wally World that I attached with fabric glue.

Kathie, I think it turned out just beautifully! The whole room is so lovely. It gives off such a peaceful vibe!

I also love your 'beaded' vase . . . how cool is that?

Great job from the false wall/bathroom area to the little beaded vase! It's all wonderful!!

:) Hi Kathie: I absolutely adore your little Orchid dollhouse. It is finished so beautifully! You are awesome! Can you tell me how did the stucco on the outside? I just did a few places on the Pierce I'm working on and I'm not very happy with the results. I used saran wrap on the surface after the stucco had set up for a few minutes. It's ok but I really like your effect much, much better! Keep up the excellent work!

:) Hi Kathie: I absolutely adore your little Orchid dollhouse. It is finished so beautifully! You are awesome! Can you tell me how did the stucco on the outside? I just did a few places on the Pierce I'm working on and I'm not very happy with the results. I used saran wrap on the surface after the stucco had set up for a few minutes. It's ok but I really like your effect much, much better! Keep up the excellent work!

Thank you, thank you!

For the stucco, I buttered on drywall joint compound with a fairly flexible palette knife so it was relatively smooth, then took a damp sponge and sort of gently pounced the surface to pull up the little points.

There are all kinds of stucco finishes, but this is the closest I could come to the stucco finish on the house I grew up in. :lol:

The interior decorator has made some progress. Curtains are up in the sewing room and living room, but the photographer has fallen down on the job. Maybe I can get a few snaps tomorrow. It's younger daughter's 13th b'day, so the camera will be out, anyway.

Pictures of the sewing room (nearly complete) and the living room curtains and draperies have been added to the gallery. I love peeking in the windows. :D

Oh, look! Aunt Mayme is in the sewing room!

your Orchid has turned out so sweet!

I can hear her humming as she sews. and thanks so much for showing us how you did the curtains.

I am definatly ready to try some.

great work...I ready for the kitchen now! :lol:

nutti :blink:

great work...I ready for the kitchen now! :lol:

nutti :blink:

Thanks for the bouquet. :lol:

Kitchen is awaiting yet another shipment of kitchen furniture from eBay. I'm having an awful time getting bits of the same scale that look well together in that room. I'm finding that there is 1:12 scale and there is 1:12 scale, and it's not always the same scale! Sort of like 1:12 regular and 1:12 on steroids! And in a small room, the difference really shows!

Photos of recovered sofa and kitchen curtains added to the gallery. It's coming together!

It definitley is!!!! Love the ambience in the house, I can undertstand why "auntie Mayme" looks so happy in there.

Hugs

WOW! Kathie, excellent job with the interior design...I love the "beaded curtain" I never would have guessed that it was yarn...and thank you for the detailed pictures of how you make your curtains...now I need to get crackin on some for my Orchid...Your's is so inspiring!