New residents at the buttercup

Anya

Every time I see your work I'm so in awe! Your animals are just amazing and this magpie is no exception - he looks So real! I wish I knew how you work so small and get them to look so lifelike, but I suspect it's because you have so much Tallent!!

-David :lol:

Thanks David and Tracy. I'd love to teach how to make them but the truth is I don't know where to begin. The clay just sort of takes shape and er that's all I know. I even forget how I make my animals sometimes.

I will be teaching how to make Marionette puppets though. I would love to make a blog Tracy but I have no idea how. My brain ceases to function properly sometimes hehe. :lol:

once again a masterpeice!

I wish I had some of the talent found on this board.

I would love to be able to make animals and wicker and food and dolls

wallpaper and paint.

yall are just too much for a poor unartistic gal to live up to.

but I keep plugging along....maybe someday something will take!

love the birdy!

nutti :lol:

I looked at the picture and wondered why you would leave your Buttercup outside? You made the bird, wow, what an amazing talent. I thought it was real.

The house isn't outside (God forbid :lol: ). I have this old, blue piece of card I prop up behind my houses when I take pics.

Effective eh and cheap haha.

Anya, You ARE the goddess of small creatures! Your work is outstanding. These were made of clay??? How do you get them fuzzy looking?? The animals that I have worked on come out looking like cartoon characters...yours are sooooo real!! You truly are a talented miniaturist!

Thanks for asking Missymew.

My wrist wasn't the problem (well almost) I had repetative strain injury in my little finger and the pain got so bad I couldn't make a fist or pick up my daughter. Anyway I went to Dr's and he said to rest it but now it is getting better so I am doing a few small animals (think I'd go mad if I couldn't make something) in the evening.:lol:

Anya, You ARE the goddess of small creatures! Your work is outstanding. These were made of clay??? How do you get them fuzzy looking?? The animals that I have worked on come out looking like cartoon characters...yours are sooooo real!! You truly are a talented miniaturist!

All my animals are made from polymer clay. To get them fuzzy looking I blast em for a few seconds with a hair dryer on low setting :lol: but you have to wait for the glue to dry properly so the fine fibres dont fly everywhere.

Making mini animals is a painstaking process but I am addicted to see the end results haha.

To get your animals to look real is all about observing animals in real life. Look at their posture and the way they move and their shape. They all have their own character just like people and no two animals of the same species look the same regardless of their markings etc.

I absolutely adore animals and could happily spend all day making them if I had the time. :lol:

Anya It is great work of yours!

All that popped into my head was the raven.

Once upon a midnight dreary / while I pondered weak and weary/Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore/ While I nodded nearly napping/suddenly there came a tapping/as of someone gently rapping/ rapping at my chamber door/*Tis some visitor* I muttered *tapping at my chamber door?*

Only this, and nothing more

I used to know the whole thing in school (had to memorize for grade), but age and brain fog has done the old raven in.

I love your work and talent. I only wish I had 1/10th of it.

Hi Heidi.

Never heard of that poem thanks for sharing it. :lol:

Irene practice makes perfect I say so keep at it and experiment. I usually put my work in my gallery if you ever want to see any more creations :lol:

I used to know the whole thing in school (had to memorize for grade), but age and brain fog has done the old raven in.

We had to memorize The Raven as well. It's obvious from reading much of Edgar Allen's work that the prozac drugs weren't yet available. He was a real gloomy gus. ;)

-Susanne

I had to remember this too I forgot about that

Second Part:

Ah, distinctly I remember it was in the bleak December,

And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

Eagerly I wished the morrow; - vainly I had sought to borrow

From my books surcease of sorrow - sorrow for the lost Lenore -

For the rare and radiant maiden whom the angels named Lenore -

Nameless here for evermore.