Our new furbaby

chellebelle

On March 13, we found our new kitty at the APL. He's approx 1 year old and adorable! I fell in love with him at first sight. We've been catless for 14 months, since our 17 year old Stosh passed away. I've wanted another one for a while, but Dan needed some time to heal.

That morning, he said OK, lets go and just see, and that we were NOT getting one, just going to look. Funny thing about that, as we were adopting the cat at the desk, I said we needed a cardboard carrier to take him home in, and Dan said no, he had Stosh's carrier in the trunk and would go and bring it in. Just Looking, ha!

I named him Mulligan, (as in the golf term for a second chance). We're his second chance to be in a loving home, and he's our second chance to pamper and spoil a furbaby! He's settling in just fine. Even starting to sniff the dog. However, the first few days were tense. He was so naughty, we thought we'd have to change his name to Hooligan, lol. I knew he was just exploring, and didn't mean to break all the things he knocked off. He is however very interested in my dollhouses and minis! I've never had a cat do that, but I really don't mind.

post-2933-1300744825_thumb.jpg

Aww fab furbaby. Glad you can give him a great new home. The first week of re-homing can be tense particularly if there are other animals around but within a fortnight you can't imagine a time when they've not been part of your family.

He's one pretty boy Chelle. We got both of our furfaces from the RSPCA - litter brothers whose family home had broken up. We have had them for 9 years now and boy did they fall on their feet when we took them home. They have the life of Riley. Mulligan is sure to settle in quickly and put his stamp on the household.

Hooray for Mulligan!! He looks a lot like our Bella,(the little Devil we found in our bushes).About the same age too. Good luck and have fun with your new Furbie!! :)

Congrats on new furbaby!

I am having a dilemma. Part of me wants to get a new cat because we have always had two. But part of me is just not ready to replace MonsterFace. I guess the right Kit will come along. I am glad that it did for you.

Mulligan says thanks for all the compliments, he agrees that he's awesome, lol. He is adjusting really quickly, and loves all the attention, since I home all the time, gets lots petting, brushing, treats, etc.

He's the first cat we've had with claws (our other came to us declawed), so Dan proudly made him a scratching post! However, when I looked at it, I realized he used the concrete forming tube I was saving for my castle I wanted to do "someday", lol. I don't mind, I can always find another, and he's worth it!

She is beautiful. I am in the process of looking for a new kitten. I would like one that is just old enough to leave her mom. On March 11, I had to put my beautiful 14 year old Silky Terrier, Sparky to sleep. He had been suffering with severe hip dysplasia, allergies and enlarged heart but medication was keeping most of it under control but then he got Canine Cognitive Disorder (alzheimer's) and it got really bad in just a short time and then pain meds didn't seem to work much so I finally had to make the decision when he was having more bad days than good.

I am still heart broken but he is now resting on my mantle and I am in the process of making a memorial cross stitch for him.

I have 2 cats and do not want another dog as we do like to travel and it is easier to go away for 3 day weekends with cats since you can leave them alone for a few days so steadily looking for a kitten now.

I am sure I will find one when the time is right.