What Does Everyone Do With.....

LuvDylan&Holly

1. Polymer clay?

2. Skinny sticks?

3. Bunka?

4. Furniture kits (ie. bash, stained, different fabrics)?

Any ideas or pictures would be great. I was thinking of making some food and dishes with polymer, and using the skinny sticks for beadboard or maybe floors. I'm not the most creative person in the world, but I would like to add my own personal touch to my house. I'd love to see and hear about what types of sub projects you all have done with these items (or any other items for that matter).

Stacey

I buy house of miniature kits on ebay and build them for my houses. I have been using skinny sticks for flooring and base boards. I have worked with sculpy to make plants but I havent really started really working with it.

If you look in my gallery you will see some things I have done so far.

Hi Stacy,

I don't have too many pictures but there are some in my gallery here and also in my webshots of some of the stuff I've done.. unfortunately I misplced my bunka rug before I got a photo of it <_< I Know it's here... it's just hiding :lol:

1. Polymer clay- dolls, statues, bones, animals (I've only made mummified ones so far but seen some good polymer animals), food, press moulds - I can't think of much that can't be made with that stuff - I've even seen furniture made from it but I haven't tried that one yet.

2. Skinny sticks - windows, siding, flooring, and though I haven't tried it I want to try making a picnic table out of them I think that or some adriondak chairs would be great.

3. Bunka - trim for hats and clothes and they make great rugs!

4. Furniture kits .. I've only made the Chrysnbon plastic kits so far and haven't bashed any yet.

-David

1. Polymer clay?

2. Skinny sticks?

3. Bunka?

you can find my clay items on my webshots...I have made gargoyles,Glow I Dark mushrooms

some witches hats, a fairy and other odds and ends...I seem to be clay challenged :lol:

skinny sticks? I have them...I use them for stirring paint...I bought them for wainscoating and flooring but used other things. they make good trim. I have used large craft sticks(tounge depressor size) to make stair risers in my Arthur(see blog) also regular craft stick are good for hanging curtains from

Bunka? I just got some not long ago and didnt get a huge selection so havent done much but I have made some flowers once with it.

Furniture kits? I also like to buy the HOM kits for myself but if I am making furniture to give away I use other kits...like Greenleaf furniture kits off of E-bay and the corona kits and some of the duracraft kits are good also. you can purchase small print fabric at any fabric store or craft dept. I also like to use the beaded ribbon for window trims

HHolly likes to use old ties for her fabric.

there are lots of ways to personalise a dollhouse

I look forward to seeing what you come up with!

nutti <_<

I started with polyclay because I wanted grapes to hang from the arbor I built....Little did I know that it would suddenly become an obsession...the construction on my dollhouse has come to a screaching halt due to the fact that the stupid contractor (lol...me!) didn't order enough shingles for my roof....so I started playing with clay... My Webpage ...Now I can't seem to stop!

What great plants! Masking tape and wire ... hmmmmmm ... sounds like fun!

And I love the modifications you made to your Orchid. What did you use for the glass blocks in the stairway railing? And your stained glass is really elegant. Good work! <_<

Thanks Kathie! I used Looking Glass glass mosaic tile from KPTiles.com for the glass blocks... I built a frame using the bottom piece from the Classic Porch Railing set from Miniatures.com, then I glued the mosaic tiles to both sides of a piece of styrene and slipped it into the frame. The hardest part was putting the grout on the tiles...

• 1 month later...

Stacey, I just saw your post ;) , here's what I have done with

1. Polymer clay?
dolls, food, accessories

2. Skinny sticks?

flooring, baseboards, cornice boards, crown molding, wainscots, bar fronts, furniture elements (narrow shelves, f''rinstance)

3. Bunka?
doll hair

I've bashed Michael's hutches into Murphy beds, kitchen cupboards, kitchen sink & bathroom medicine chest, and loo. I use Minwax stains on the wood kits and diluted acrylic paint can be made to look like stain on the polystyrene Chrysnbon kits, I bashed the parlor organ kit by gluing fabric covers on the foot pedals. I have never liked the fabrics that ome with the kits, the first kit I built was HOM dining table & chairs and I embroidered handkerchief linen for the chair seats. I was so disgusted with the fabric Mini Mundus put in their kit for the upright piano bench(considering how pricey their kits are!) I made a bargello flame-stitch cover instead post-8-1159670696_thumb.jpg

I also bashed the Mission diningroom when I built it by putting seat cushions on the chairs.

Polymer clay: I bought jewelry (pins, mostly fairies, flowers), made flexible rubber molds of the jewelry and then used polymer clay in the molds to make many of them and tried to sell them on ebay. Did ok but it was time consuming. Would still like to do it, even for my own enjoyment. I have one mold of a butterfly/dragonfly that comes out so detailed you can see the "eyes" and veins on the wings. Beautiful. I did try to make some little polymer clay pumpkins and they were ok. But other people are so good at it, I choose to let them do it!

Never used bunka.

Furniture kits: I bought the House of Miniature kits and put some together but again, time consuming. I guess I'm impatient! I do like to do one once in awhile. As far as kitbashing, I have read articles about it and would like to do it some time but haven't yet.

You didn't list Paper Clay and that's become a real important part of my miniature world. I have a church dollhouse kit that I am covering in paper clay stone and I think I'll do paper clay stone on the first level exterior of my old wooden house. Or maybe the egg carton bricks, I haven't decided yet.

You are in the right place to ask what people use all these things for!