RGT Victorian Painted Lady

EmilyC

Hi All! B) I just purchased my kit earlier this week, so I am in still in the process of selecting paint colors. For the most part, I have made my interior paint selections, the exterior is another story. When my DD saw the display at HL, she fell in love with the colors as shown, needless to say I would love to replicate that scheme. Does anyone know which colors were used on the facade shown on the box, the main color is a terracotta/red and the trim and accent colors consist of a cream, yellow and brown. Thank you so much, I am hoping someone here can make a recommendation. :)

Are you saying that the colors you want are shown on the box the kit came in?

If so, I'm sure you could call RGT (they're fabulous with customer service!) and they could perhaps tell you. B)

I called them about the color on the North Park Mansion Kit when it first came out. RGT gave me the names of the colors it was painted.

Just go to their facebook page and ask. Gary will answer you pretty quickly on there, although it could be Monday morning. But sometimes he checks it on the weekend. He's the dollhouse guru there and nice as can be. You'll love building this house, I did. My pictures are in my gallery if you'd like to see what it looks like painted something a little different!

I appreciate all of your replies very much, thank you! I had planned on emailing them Monday if I wasn't able to locate the info in the interim, I just thought if I could start painting tomorrow that would be one less thing to do next week. I had not thought of contacting them through Facebook, I will try that tonight, thanks again everyone! B) I will definitely check out your gallery Sherry, I can't wait to see the finished product, I bet it's gorgy.

I just opened my box and started laying out the parts! B) We're on the same page, quite literally! I chose shades of the beach - a couple of blues, tan, white, and dark brown if I need it. I painted the house on a sheet of copy paper with the actual colors. Yeah, I don't know... I like more contrast... I think the house will be pretty in whatever colors are chosen. We'll have to compare notes! :p I've done a lot of houses in different colors, but I always go back to greens and blues. This time I wanted to do something different. My bostonian was in shades of aqua with white trim and it turned out really pretty. I love the ocean so it seems like I always migrate to ocean colors. This time it's beach colors, LOL. Maybe I should paint a coral colored house? :) Time will tell. I built this house and sold it. Now this one's for me. I hope both of ours turn out special!

I just opened my box and started laying out the parts! B) We're on the same page, quite literally! I chose shades of the beach - a couple of blues, tan, white, and dark brown if I need it. I painted the house on a sheet of copy paper with the actual colors. Yeah, I don't know... I like more contrast... I think the house will be pretty in whatever colors are chosen. We'll have to compare notes! :D I've done a lot of houses in different colors, but I always go back to greens and blues. This time I wanted to do something different. My bostonian was in shades of aqua with white trim and it turned out really pretty. I love the ocean so it seems like I always migrate to ocean colors. This time it's beach colors, LOL. Maybe I should paint a coral colored house? :) Time will tell. I built this house and sold it. Now this one's for me. I hope both of ours turn out special!

I can't wait to see yours when you're finished! Initially, my intentions had been to select my own colors for the exterior, but when I asked my DD what color she would like her house to be if she were to get one, her answer was "just like that one." After close inspection of the sample instore, I realized the red was a cross between a deep red and a terracotta, reds are so complicated. :D As an interior designer it is difficult not to put my own stamp on every part of the house, I figure for my own sanity I should give her what she wants on the exterior (she will remember what she told me) and do my thing inside. :p

I just happened to think of one tip I want to pass on, something I learned the hard way. Do everything you want done to the roof, before you glue the top on the turret! I didn't, glued it down and then had to get in between the turret and the slope of the main peak to shingle. Not a pleasant thing to do, I had to guess on the angles on the cuts, cut again if they were wrong, and then try to fit them up in that tiny space with a pair of forceps! Leave the turret topless until everything is done!!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I was going to post a new topic but decided to just add on here.

1) Sherry's version of the Painted Lady is gorgeous!! Take a look if you haven't already.

2) I am purchasing this house partially built for $40 from another lady who doesn't have time to finish it. I LOVE the light spring colors in the picture way up there (I saved a copy so I could use it to reference). My question is, is there ANYTHING on this house you would do differently during the build. Maybe move the stairs? Things like that. Since it is partially built (and I don't know to what extent yet), if there are any changes to be made now would be the time. I am excited because I have been eyeballing this house since I saw it in the store and my husband has refused me any new houses. Hey, this one isn't NEW, just new to me. LOL I haven't finished the Orchid I started a year ago. I have overthought everything and gotten upset. I need to just pick it up and finish it so he will stop complaining. LOL I was also given another large plantation style dollhouse but he didn't complain because it was free. This one will be stored for a while during the completion of the Orchid but when I get read to work on her I would like to have a few ideas. I am thinking a steam-punk Victorian themed interior, more of a loose Victorian and not ubber stuffy. : )

• 3 weeks later...

Paduki/Coleen, the Behr company makes a GORGEOUS color called Sahara Sun, and it's a pinky coral dusty rosy sort of color.

Here is the color...Sahara Sun

It would look great on a painted lady house! One nice thing about Behr is they will give you a sizeable tester of that paint color..actually ANY paint color, so you can mess with it to see if you like it, for only $2.98

Jeanne

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up painting the house a pretty yellow with darkest navy blue and white trim - and rust accents. I'm a nautical buff and it just reminds me of some of the houses around the ocean. Has anyone tried to bash the PL? I bought the prettiest kitchen cabinets on ebay and went to try them out in the house. Augggh!!!! :clap: They don't all fit. My friend had the idea of adding on the kitchen with a roombox kit I have already and maybe doing the roof like a deck. The roombox kit is too wide for the clapboard I already have (only 12") and I don't have the power tools to work with it like I want to. Don't laugh, but I started an Orchid and it is half finished - thinking about using part of that for the bash. I also have a San Franciscan in storage too (bought cheap for parts) that I'm using the cobels from it to put on the PL. Maybe I'll take a trip to our storage facility tomorrow! We don't have a garage so we have a storage unit instead. The PL is really looking good and I'm getting excited that the exterior is almost done and the tape-wiring inside is almost done. Almost done - until I decided to do a bash that is!!! :p I'm also thinking about adding two wrap around porches (similar to the Queen Anne). I think it'll look good when it's done (I hope, I hope!!). I tried to upload a pic but my camera is a 12 megapixel cam and the pic is too large. I don't know how to work the camera very well but it takes wonderful pix. Jeanne, it is a really pretty color!

I ended up going more monochromatic. Benjamin Moore's Bradstreet Beige, Townsend Harbor Brown, Windham Cream, Linen White and a dark red for accents. I must have lost my "rhythm" over the holidays. Really struggling with this build to get evering thing to fit. Janet

Having problems with the Front Sets. The second floor does not line up like the illustration just to the outside of the bay floors, using the spacers. The side walls seem fine and everything else lined up. Janet

Having problems with the Front Sets. The second floor does not line up like the illustration just to the outside of the bay floors, using the spacers. The side walls seem fine and everything else lined up. Janet

I'm sorry, Janet, I just don't know how to help. :clap: I assume you are dry fitting as you go? That's the slower way, but it usually works best. Anyone else?