Look at these, they're gorgeous

glen

Check these out. They were made by the local turners guild (not me) and they asked if I could use them in the dolls house. I grabbed them of course but have no idea what I’m going to do with them other than the obvious lampshade stands or flower pot stands.

Any cool ideas for something original??

They’re 2 ¾ inch for the fancy bit and 3 ¾ overall.

Cheers

Glen

Table pedestals (unless you have more than two), newel posts for stairs, holders for those HUGE pillar candles (use half or more translucent clay with the desired color to get candle texture, or make a real mini candle by pouring the cooling wax into a large-diameter soda straw to set up), lampstands with climbing houseplants twining 'round the turnings from an ornamental bead-pot in the base.

Yep those are the two things I thought of when I first spied them too - table pedestals or some great huge gothic floor candle stands ^_^ Those are Awesome Glen! - how ever you use them you've got to let us know :o

-David

kept melting the straw. Am I just using the wrong straws?
pouring the cooling wax

When a "skin" starts to form on the surface of the wax you should be able to pour it slowly into the straw without melting it. I'd also used the waxed paper straws rather than the plastic ones. You could dip the section of straw into the cooling wax and made the candle that way. I think I'll stick with polyclay.

Yes, first thought Pedestals - for Busts or small statues, perhaps?

Have you seen the faux torches (in real life decorating)? They use a light shining up from a bowl, or other suitable container and some kind of fan that blows upwards, and sheer fabric "flames" on top of the bowl that reflect the colour of the light, and flutter in the breeze. It looks really effective, and beautiful, too. Don't know quite how you could reproduce that in miniature, but I'm sure it's possible with a little brainstorming. If you used a flicker light, ditched the fan, hid the wiring in the spirals, fixed a wooden bowl/planter on top of each pedestal, used cellophane "flames" ... there are possibilities!

Or as a division of some sort, separating a large area into two smaller areas. For example, using a sofa and placing them behind it, supporting a shelf, like a sofa table. Or, either side of one of those modern fireplaces that are double-sided, to service two rooms. (Creating a "wall" of sorts.) Maybe that's not a clear explanation. Let me know if you would like me to try explaining it better. :D

If you have a "special" focal space, could you attach the two smaller ends together (maybe drill a hole in each of those ends first) - thread tiny lights through the open, spiralled shafts, and suspend the whole thing. Above an entranceway, at the top of a staircase, above the front door, etc. Perhaps add some greenery or fabric swag where you join the two, to disguise it somewhat.

I like all the other suggestions - thanks for getting our creative juices drooling! :D:D:wacko::D

Whatever you end up doing, they will be a unique addition! Congratulations on acquiring them. :D

Could look quite nice holding some glass shelves or a couple of busts.

Would look great by a fireplace but I haven’t got one.

How about some outdoor ideas???

Or some sort of toy??

How about some outdoor ideas
With that finish? Shame on you. If you MUST, sides of a garden bench seat, ornamental wooden planter pedestals, on otp of "stone" bases with a top added for an arbor or to hold a swing (as below).

Or some sort of toy

Put a tube on its side on top & cover it all with scraps of infant's washcloth for a cat condo. Fill it with tiny soft plastic "Kid's Meal" toys for a designer piece used as a toy holder. Use them as pedestals to hold rare antique porcelain vases & the mini kids are guaranteed to climb on them.

Would look great by a fireplace but I haven’t got one.

You built that house and you haven't built a fireplace? :D I just know you could do a gorgeous one, and even fit the stands in so they are "built in". Do you know the double fireplaces that I mean? They have no back to them, because they are meant to be used in two rooms at the same time. You could make a plexiglass sandwich with a fire in between.

The false torches would look great "outdoors".

I suppose they could be used as posts for a hanging sign - with your daughter's name, or the name of the house on it.

One could be the central hub of a merry-go-round, with spokes coming from the top outwards, holding seats for the children.

I asked my son and he suggested putting them at the end of a driveway with statues on (I thought dogs or sitting lions, griffins, etc.). Or extending them to use as porch posts. Or as posts for a canopy of some kind. If you attached it to a tree, it could be an entertainment area for a tea-party, picnic, kiddie-play area, and so on.