New Haunted House Pics

Charlene

Hi All --

Well, my anniversary camera is a modern marvel! I've had a great deal of fun re-shooting pictures and now you can actually see what I was trying to photograph :)

One problem -- Greenleaf's gallery only let me upload 2 of my shots and then kept bumping off the site :lol: and, no it's not me, 'cause I got them to upload on Webshots without a hitch. I'll keep trying, tho', you never know when I'll be able to get them in here.

In the meantime, I'd like to you visit my Webshots Haunted House album and see what the house actually looks like :D Also, since I'm totally new to digital, any suggestions for taking better pics from all of you who do it so well would be welcome.

Charlene: Love your Haunted House, not sure I'd get close enough to it to "trick or treat" though :) I love all the detail.

Charlene, I loved your pictures. I think I would like to make a haunted house someday. Right now I am trying to finish my Willowcrest and I bought the Orchid to make a Santa workshop, so it only follows that I will need a haunted house. Thanks for sharing!

Aaaa, Holly, thanks - but it's not a Buttercup. :lol: Note the flat front, but otherwise they're very similar.

This was 8 or 9 years ago and I believe it is actually a Duracraft house and I can't remember the 'official' name of it and it's the one house for which I can't find the label....got detached in the move and now it's misplaced. Sorry. Probably Tracy or Linda will know which house it actually is.

The only Buttercup I've done is the thatched cottage which is now my Mom's. But, I've been thinking of doing another one. Not thatched next time....I ended up with my porch covered with glue and tiny grassy things when I did that :D . Of course, that's down the road. The last thing I need is yet another project :)

Addendum at 8:10

Holly, I found it. It's a Lafayette also sold as Dura-Craft's haunted house :lol:

Charlene,

LOOOOVE your haunted house!! And that skelleton wallpaper down stairs is awesome! Too much fun! Someday I'll have to build myself a haunted house like this. And your photos are good too! :D

<hug>

David :)

I should have known, after I posted I got to thinking perhaps you'd bashed the front flat... Thanks for the correction. I do recognize your Prancing Pony, neither of the Sugarplums I've built looked that good, but I was making them for little girls to play with.

Very cool Charlene!! I love the haunted house!! Death at the door just cracked me up. (but then I used to roll on the floor when I saw those car commercials with "Death takes a holiday") You did a great job on your haunted house. Where did you find that totally cool cauldron???

Excellent job with the pictures too. I've been focusing lately on learning how to take better pictures of minis. I finally got around to setting up a permanent white backdrop and stole a set of Bruce's kleig lights from the garage. :lol: But the only real method I've found for getting good pictures is the Monkey theory. You know the one.........if 300 monkeys typed for 300 years eventually one of them will produce the works of Shakespeare. :):D :lol: So I just take hundreds of pictures and play the odds that one or two will come out good.

Deb

Very cool Charlene!! I love the haunted house!! Death at the door just cracked me up. (but then I used to roll on the floor when I saw those car commercials with "Death takes a holiday") You did a great job on your haunted house. Where did you find that totally cool cauldron???

Thanks, Deb -- the cauldron is (dare I say it?) a candle :D The really neat thing about haunts is that you can do them on the cheap!!! And, it's the only house I've ever done that got fully decorated :)