Tah DAH! My half scale stove (unfinished)

ItzKathyP

Makes YOU smile!? I've been happy dancing all around the house! I figured once y'all gave it a try and saw how well simple things turn out, you'd go for it! If we can put the dh kits together, making furniture is no rocket science!

Kathleen, do you think you could send me the dimensions of the stove? I am trying really hard not to chicken out and buy one. Especially since my counters are scratch built, but non-working (doors and drawers). Is your stove working?

Lyssa, is your build 1:24? I'm confused!lol I did enlarge the pieces for the 1:24 AGA cooker to send someone to make up in 1:12. It'd take a LOT of fudging to make it with working doors & drawers. I find that one working door or drawer in a room is enough to satisfy me, it suggests that the others could be.

Lyssa, the basic stove dimensions that I started out with were 1-1/4" wide x 1-9/16" high x 1" deep. It has ended up a little larger than that in spots where I used double thicknesses of wood, such as on the door, and this is consistent with a stove in a RL kitchen that projects out a bit from the surrounding base cabinets.

I find that one working door or drawer in a room is enough to satisfy me, it suggests that the others could be.
It does not open. I'm with Holly here.

The base cabinet dimensions will be 1-9/16" high x 1" deep, and the width will vary depending on the type of cabinet. For the Fairfield, I'm only going to do a sink cabinet with 2 doors since there's not room for much else, and it will be 1-1/2" wide.

Go for it, girl!

Lyssa, is your build 1:24? I'm confused!lol I did enlarge the pieces for the 1:24 AGA cooker to send someone to make up in 1:12. It'd take a LOT of fudging to make it with working doors & drawers. I find that one working door or drawer in a room is enough to satisfy me, it suggests that the others could be.

Holly, no, it's 1:12, but I am good with math so I can make the adjustments. I am mostly intimidated by the working parts. I think I will just stick with the working upper cabinets (hutch tops) and the appearance of the others.

Lyssa, the basic stove dimensions that I started out with were 1-1/4" wide x 1-9/16" high x 1" deep. It has ended up a little larger than that in spots where I used double thicknesses of wood, such as on the door, and this is consistent with a stove in a RL kitchen that projects out a bit from the surrounding base cabinets.

It does not open. I'm with Holly here.

The base cabinet dimensions will be 1-9/16" high x 1" deep, and the width will vary depending on the type of cabinet. For the Fairfield, I'm only going to do a sink cabinet with 2 doors since there's not room for much else, and it will be 1-1/2" wide.

Go for it, girl!

My cabinets are 3"tall X 2"deep X 4"wide. That was a base 2 door, 2 drawer cabinet. I will load pictures in a bit. :rant: I am out to start on the stove. I think I have a realy good idea on making it working... It'll take some serious bashing of materials though!!!

PS to that: I'm curious about making stuff for 1:24 because James has pointed out that if I want another dollhouse, the half scale are cheaper AND smaller than the full scale houses. :rant: I guess if I get a house out of it from him then I can point out his stinginess on moolah and space? :no: