Ms. Terpsichore Twinkletoes

Peggi

I want to share a picture of a doll made for me by Havanaholly. She will be the proprietor of my recently finished dance studio. Her name is Ms. Terpsichore Twinkletoes, otherwise known as T.P. (Sorry, Holly I still cant say her name without getting my tongue all tied up :lol: )

I want to thank Holly and let you all know what a talented lady she is. T.P. is perfect for a retire dancer. She has so much character and is exactly how I would picture a professional retire dancer would look.

post-70-1150338339_thumb.jpg and here she is already at work post-70-1150338368_thumb.jpg

She also sent me a crochet doormat for the studio, but I in trying to get a good shot of T.P. I forgot to take one of the mat.

Again Thanks Holly for such wonderful gifts.

Peggi, she's absolutely perfect!!

Holly, what a fantastic doll! I may have to PM you for a Hyacinth Bouquet for my Periwinkle Tea Cottage!! :lol:

I would love to see more of your people.
Check my "dolls" album in the Gallery.

Hyacinth Bouquet

If I can find some pictures of her (full face & profiles) I might can come close, it's how I did Judith's Tom Baker/Dr Who doll.

Your dance studio is so cute and the doll that Holly made is the perfect touch. Her dolls are amazing and so life-like. :)

I really envy your talent Holly I wish I could do something like that. Your dolls are beautiful.

Annette

Peggi, she's absolutely perfect!!

Holly, what a fantastic doll! I may have to PM you for a Hyacinth Bouquet for my Periwinkle Tea Cottage!! :)

What a cute idea! i love Hyacinth! She is so obnoxious but i love her! ooooo how about an Onslo and Daisy room box of their bedroom!?????

The dance studio is cute and i love the little dancers!

Perfecto!

The dance studio shot is one of those things that's hysterically funny because it's so RIGHT and so true.

Your dance studio is so cute and the doll that Holly made is the perfect touch.
The dance studio is cute and i love the little dancers!

Thank you all for the compliments on the studio, and I agree Ms. Twinkletoes adds just the perfect touch. Actually in a way I can thank Holly for my dancers also, she was the one that told me the $ store had some, they were $1 each. What a deal. I'm thinking of placing a ruler in her hand so she can keep the beat and "tap" the dancers who get out of line. :)

Your doll is PERFECT!! Look at her legs!!

Her Legs and Hands are exactly as I would think a retired dancer would have, arthritic, but muscular. That is one of the things that makes her so realistic to me.

I also have some "beginner" dancers I think they're Kelly dolls. post-70-1150420720_thumb.jpg

I can't remember a time I wasn't a people-watcher, filing away faces and bodies for future reference. The arthritis is easy-peasy, I just use my hands for models. Taking care of patients, I picked up a lot of how the body interacts with gravity (we won't discuss those saggy upper arms!). Then it's a matter of the clay deciding who's coming out.

Peggi, I love what you did for the dance studio. I have a display box from Michaels with a mirrored back that I was planning to do a dance school scene in - but how much more creative you've been! The slanted wall/ceilings are wonderful for reflecting the whole setup. They also show off your beautiful floors.

I have to ask you - did you know that some people refer to toilet paper as T.P.? Just wondering if you were having a joke with the name, or hadn't heard anyone use that short form before. :)

Havanaholly, your talents never end. What a marvelous character you came up with - she reminds me of the ballet teacher I had in England! (She had a cane that she used to keep the beat, and keep us in line.)

Peggi, I love what you did for the dance studio. I have a display box from Michaels with a mirrored back that I was planning to do a dance school scene in - but how much more creative you've been! The slanted wall/ceilings are wonderful for reflecting the whole setup. They also show off your beautiful floors.

I have to ask you - did you know that some people refer to toilet paper as T.P.? Just wondering if you were having a joke with the name, or hadn't heard anyone use that short form before. :)

Havanaholly, your talents never end. What a marvelous character you came up with - she reminds me of the ballet teacher I had in England! (She had a cane that she used to keep the beat, and keep us in line.)

My dance studio is actually a Coventry Cottage. It came with the slanted walls/ceilings and I haven't learned enough about bashing to straighten them. Putting the barres on straight was a challenge, the mirrors caused a "fun house" effect.

You know, I had forgotten that people refer to toilet paper as T.P., I'll have to call her Terpie, cause she is to elegant to have T.P. as a handle.

Thank you for the compliment, you can see the entire house in the building blog. I was fortunate to be a team builder on this one.

the ballet teacher I had in England! (She had a cane that she used to keep the beat, and keep us in line.)

What a cool idea! Peggi, you could cut a length of bamboo skewer cane-length for her to hold. You could stain it & paint the tip brass with model enamel & glue a small bbead to the top.

I'll have a look around for pictures of Hyacinth

I'm still googling around, so far I found one picture of Hyacinth large enough to get detail, there isn't much on the Patricia Routledge sites I've checked so far.

Tom Baker was a lot easier to find pictures, especially as Dr Who: post-8-1150466330_thumb.jpg

I had to resize it to get it to load and my disposable point & shoot doesn't let me get too close, anyway. I made Tom over a year ago, and I've learned a bit more about the Fuji's limitations & capacities since.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got films processed. Here is one of the pictures I took of Peggi's Ms Twinkletoes & Tracy's baby

post-8-1152273181_thumb.jpg

And here's a picture of the dogs Peggi sent me in exchange :) (I'll be starting the album for the McKinley later)

post-8-1152273561_thumb.jpg

Here are some pots I made the Coventry Cottage kitchen, from copper plumbing fittings & jumprings, and also the pair of Staffordshire dogs I painted for the pub.

post-8-1152273354_thumb.jpg