I need your opinion

heidiiiii

I am having a conflict with Chelsea on what color to paint the sections that are grey on the Marquam now. (part behind the lil white window)

She wants me to paint them all dark brown.. I am thinking of painting them gold like the sunburst background on the kitchen section (see gallery photo).

What are your opinions?

Any and all are appreciated..

You can side with the child..

I wont be offended..

REALLY..

LOL

Edit: Those bananas are an optical illusion! There is a shelf there.

You can have one. go right ahead!

Edit again: Did Michaelangelo go insane? Cause I feel I just might. I have to paint every lil nook and cranny with precision so that I dont fudge up the colors that are going in other nooks and crannys...Oh my!

Please pray for me!

That lil window is going to be black.

The main house color is red.

All the trim is black except the windows itself will be green.

All those white trim pieces (circly octagon things) will either be black or green.

This is what the kitchen section looks like. I painted gold and did starburst design with painted black doweling.

Well, since you want an opinion, I'd go with gold (for contrast). Your trim is black? I just don't think the trim will 'pop' if use use brown. Could you do a sample on scrap wood and see how it looks? That might make the choice easier.

PS -- Michelangelo was not OFFICIALLY nuts -- but he grew very, very cranky as he aged, probably from all those color decisions he had to make!!!

ROFL!! I am on my way then Charlene!

I want to show all your opinions to my daughter.

We will be compiling to see if we will go with her or me.

She says she is the art student and SHOULD know what would be correct.

I think you should use gold also. It would go good with the black and also the red and green.

Charlene is right, it would be easier to compare the colors by painting them on a scrap piece of wood. That way you can see the how it would look.

Annette :)

Of the two colors, gold would have occurred to me before dark brown... but since Chelsea is an art major, I'm curious what effect she had in mind.

Here's another vote for putting samples on board and seeing it in person.

JMO, the dark brown with black and the dark green and red sounds awfully muddy. Try the gold with dark brown instead of black on your sample piece. The gold or some other lighter or brighter color is reall needed to brighten up a house like the MH.

I found a couple scraps of siding.

I will let both dry overnight with the color schemes on them.

I am thinking gold too.

I need to sneak some with in there somewhere too.

This is going to be fun (see my forced smile peeking from my paint covered face?)

Maybe I will keep the lil window white and that decoration white, paint gold behind it and keep with the red, green and black.

I am copying this real house but it is TOO dark with just the green, black and red.

Havana, Thank you for the site. Need more coffee to understand right now.. :)

I am really leaning on gold too.

I have to throw in a lighter color somewhere.

I think my paintbrush is going to point me in the direction it has to go.

Hmmmm...Need hubby to go back to dunkin donuts!

I remember doogster saying white was a neutral so I need to think of another color that goes with the red that is lighter. How about a lighter green?

Dangit, I never did buy that color wheel!

I will go into the corner now.

As I am looking at the house... See how the 3rd floor (with the open window) is a light grey color?

Maybe I should paint THAT and the portions on the sides (they are also grey) the other color. but not gold.

OMG i am getting a headache! LOL

I am going to spin my paint carousel like wheel of fortune and see what comes up. I will post pics with my concoction!

I spun the wheel of paint fortune and this is what I came up with.

I dont know what I think of it.

It is looking like my kitchen/diningroom.

I did the gold and I grabbed a American brand Moon Yellow (Mars yellow).

Do not know why it needed 2 names. Must be that much more special?

Let me know your honest opinion...

I am not married to this!

Do you know I was tossing and turning last night..

Not about world events

Not about bills

Not about the fate of my children`s futures

NO!

I was tossing and turning about color combos and where to put the yellow next if I kept the color! Should I change the color? Should I keep the green? (yes) Was the gold a mistake?

What about white?

ROFL

That is what I was doing last night!

Thanks all! I will post a pic when I am done painting shell. If you have an idea where else to put the yellow, please let me know