I need your opinion

heidiiiii

I got bored with painting. That usually happens when I paint a real house... :D

I got the first run of tape wire in. It is working!!! Let`s just say I am not a contortionist and there was some blue words involved. But first half of the electrification is done.

I will paint tomorrow. Still Nor`eastering here so I am going to lay down.

• 2 weeks later...

I posted new pics in the gallery of my handywork yesterday. I still have to paint the rest of the body and do the trim on the windows (it wont be that blue color)

I found those wooden candle holders and thought they were the right size for big porch pots! I am going to work on them and make them look like stone. Then I will have to try again and see if I can make plants for them with the homeade playdough I have stashed away.

Give your opinion. It took me awhile to go back to it. I had to walk past it a few hundred times before I got an idea.

So far it's coming together beautifully.

i just dont know about the lil triangle in the front.
If it were me I'd leave it gold and make a parget. Tracy & I have done that, my version was to take a brass mini stencil of a hollywreath and mask off all but a sprig and spackle over it onto the center plaster infill over the triple windows. Pargets are architecturally interesting accents for houses such as yours.

thought they were the right size for big porch pots!

Me, too! You can simulate marble & granite with paint.

Here is the post about stencil designs on the old forum

HAve you ever bought one of those bronze mini stencils to use on you walls of your dollhouses?? Well I am one who loves 3 deminsional things and while making my Southern Mansion house I decided to try something NEW.

I wanted to add something to the face (Front) of the dollhouse that gives it a little more appeal so after adding the Victorian Lady faces from Unique Miniatures, I took one of those bronze stencils that had the ivy leaves on it and taped it where I wanted to use the stencil design. I then took SPACKLE (or Poly filla if you are outside of the USA) and spread a thin layer over the top of the stencil and removed it (removed the stencil). It then left a 3 demensional (raised) impression of the ivy design. It looked so cool and was the exact affect I was trying to get. Most of you know this already but I LOVE spackle and have used it in so many different ways. This is one. You can try it on your ceilings too. So even though the bronze stencils ARE expensive, they last longer and are the correct depth you need to do a project . To see a house I did this on click here:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/117746...118086519cHgqGv

click the view full size link at the bottom to enlarge the shot for a more detailed look.

Tracy

It really does turn out nice :lol: this is a link to the close up picture

http://community.webshots.com/photo/117746...037881673FvQKUU