Tough Week

heidiiiii

I am having a tough week.

SATs are on Saturday, tonite is a school concert, tomorrow I have to remake that cake I told you about b4, and Friday Nat goes to a school dance.

All of this and my friend is in the hospital. She has been very sick. Doctors dont know what is wrong with her. For the past year she would have distension of stomach when she ate (and she could barely eat), she was gaining weight, and severe constipation.

Now for the past month she has been unable to swallow her food (coughing, gagging, regurgitation), she can only get Boost and yogurt down, she is weak and she has been losing a dramatic amount of weight.

She finally went to ER on Monday because she keeps throwing up even though nothing in stomach.

Dehydrated, needed 3 IV bags w/pain killers for spasms. THEY SENT HER HOME!

So she called 911, and now she is in hospital and they are keeping her sedated and testing her. They are pretty sure she needs her gallbladder out but that is not reason for vomitting and swallowing, they said.

She is 37 and has two kids.

Her mom and I are really worried. In the back of my mind I wonder if it is esophageal cancer. Her mom has the same thoughts.

I just needed to let it out.

Alot of the time I take for granted what I have in life. Yes, I am sick. Sicker than many people. But I can get around. I can eat.

I have alot on my mind. I am glad I have places and people to unload on when I have to. And I am glad I have a big monster in my diningroom to keep my mind occupied.

I will keep an update on the situations.

Really dont want to go to concert tonite. But it is mandatory and they are graded on it. If she doesnt show up,she gets a zero.

I will keep your friend in my prayers Heidi. What came to my mind was blocked intestine. Lots of times they miss that one--until it's too late. Also, tell her husband to make sure he immediately gets copies of her medical records, especially the ones where they sent her home.

ty. no husband. just kids, mom, and brother.

I will tell her mom what you said.

She had a colonoscopy and upper endoscopy (Mri`s, ct-scans) a few months ago and they found nothing.

They tried to do an end. yesterday but couldnt get it down.

I gotta go and start cake, maye take my mind off of it.

Thanks again.

Concert was good. (as good as middle school concerts go). Nat is in chorus. Made it home in time to watch Ghost hunters (LOL we love it).

They changed the date of the CAKE AGAIN! It is due tomorrow. I already made it but havent made the meringue yet. Tomorrow morning. I am delivering it tomorrow if it is due or not. I want credit for that! LOL

I have to take girls shopping (nat has dance of friday).

No news on my friend. But she did call her lawyer yesterday. They still have her sedated (not heavily) and still running tests. She has lost another 3 lbs since Monday.

Humidity has set in (dangit) I am going to paint but I will hold off on polying.

No news on my friend. But she did call her lawyer yesterday. They still have her sedated (not heavily) and still running tests. She has lost another 3 lbs since Monday.

Humidity has set in (dangit) I am going to paint but I will hold off on polying.

I continue to hope for the best for your friend, and hope they get this figured out quickly.

In regard to humidity, my thing-a-ma-jig in the back yard said my humidity level was 75% this morn. Ugh.

Temps have cooled a lil but it is H.U.M.I.D.

They found out my friend has scar tissue in her throat from the tonscilectomy(i think i butchered the spelling) in March 06. Going to keep her over the weekend.

I have been asked (roped into) watching her daughter from Friday aft.till Sunday evening.

Dont ask..If I told you whymy friend`s mom and her bro couldnt watch her you would think I was lying.

LSS: They had prior(seperate) commitments out of town for the weekend that I guess they couldnt seem to cancel while my friend is still in the hospital.

I love the kid but I am a lil miffed. I was told (after I said yes) that I have to pick her up after school at 3pm today. That means Chels might not go to school, fred will need to go to work early, and nat wont have me to do her hair for the dance. Her home is 30 min away from ours.

Happy thoughts! Thinking happy dreamy thoughts!

Is anyone else like me? Come on be honest. Do you say YES to things you really dont want to say yes too?

Do you regret it afterward and complain to anyone who will listen?

This is not the 1st time i have been cajoled into doing something for this family. It is not the fact of the doing it..it is the fact that there is no acknowledgement or if I say no, it is like I just said I BBQ a cat!

Make me feel better... :( :angry: :p

Tell me you are a deep down jellyfish like me.

It seems like I'm always saying yes to things I really don't want to do then I ALWAYS complain to either my hubby, my kids or my cat. Mostly the cat :angry: he's the only one that doesn't get up and walk away.

Please tell your friend that we all hope she is feeling better and makes a speed recovery. You all are in our thoughts and prayers. :(

Annette

Is anyone else like me? Come on be honest. Do you say YES to things you really dont want to say yes too?

Do you regret it afterward and complain to anyone who will listen?

I have this problem too. I am learning to say no and even when I do I feel this guilt afterwards. <_<

Been there, learned to say no, and here's how I got rid of the guilt, I realized I was setting myself up to be taken advantage of, and that made me angry at both myself & the people I needed to say "no" to, and THAT took away any shreds of guilt I had felt. It's like setting limits when you have visitors whose children want to play with your minis, and you know they'll be damaged or destroyed (at least IMO)

I say yes almost everytime my son asks " Mom, cany you take me to the store, the mall , movies my firends house and wherever else I want to go" lol. Often I am sick and very tired and all that driving is the last thing I want to do.

Melissa

Well, I am growing up people!

I had asked *Ann*, my friend`s mother and my neighbor, to please call me Thurs. evening to let me know if she was still planning on leaving Friday morning. Because if she wasnt, It would make life easier and Chelsea could go to school.

She didnt call! She didnt call me until 12noon on Friday. She informed me that she was leaving around 4pm (grandchild gets out at 3pm), and that *Susan* her daughter and hospitalee was now home. Oh and if it wasnt a bother, could I pick up *Susan*`s meds at the pharmacy..your such a dear.

Steam must have been coming out of my ears! <_< :D I said politely (really i was polite, hard to do but i did it) that i was disappointed that she hadnt called and that Chels could have went to school. I could have gotten things done today.

If she wasnt planning on leaving until 4pm then she could pick up the child and bring her to me (i have no problem taking her to stay over :D )

She TRIED to change my no... I wouldnt let her.

So, The trip was postponed until this morning and the child was dropped off in the am.

No guilt! :lol:

I learned (and dont remember sometimes) that when you say no and the person tries to change your mind, they dont care about you and your feelings.

So I am growing! I really am.. I decided right then and there that I didnt care if I was inconviencing them. They were trying to walk on me and I told them I had a clean shirt on!

I don't say "no" to my kids if they ask & I can do it. I don't think that's the imposition Heidi meant.

Yeah, but teenagers are an imposition! They tend to think that all you have to do in life is run them around! At least that's the way I remember it. But now the youngest drives himself ... and he graduates soon ...

I had asked *Ann*, my friend`s mother and my neighbor, to please call me Thurs. evening to let me know if she was still planning on leaving Friday morning. Because if she wasnt, It would make life easier and Chelsea could go to school.

She didnt call! She didnt call me until 12noon on Friday. She informed me that she was leaving around 4pm (grandchild gets out at 3pm), and that *Susan* her daughter and hospitalee was now home. Oh and if it wasnt a bother, could I pick up *Susan*`s meds at the pharmacy..your such a dear.

Steam must have been coming out of my ears! <_< :D I said politely (really i was polite, hard to do but i did it) that i was disappointed that she hadnt called and that Chels could have went to school. I could have gotten things done today.

If she wasnt planning on leaving until 4pm then she could pick up the child and bring her to me (i have no problem taking her to stay over :D )

They were trying to walk on me and I told them I had a clean shirt on!

You go girl! Sounds like some extremely self-centered persons! However, I understand your thoughts and your feelings. I got a little perturbed when I was the only one there when my father was terminally ill [i have 6 other siblings], and even more perturbed when my mother was in the hospital and I was the one there making sure she was cared for and feeding her myself [and almost bankrupting myself from not being able to work], but ... well ... partially like I told bossman when I called because I was going to be away from work another day "I can make her suffer because they [siblings] are idiots, and quite honestly, I was where I needed to be and was doing what I needed to do ... So, sometimes you can't beat yourself up about it, and if you feel you are being taken advantage of [not by your friend I don't think, but the rest of her family], try to think about whether or not this is what you should be doing and/or if you should be somewhere else. None of that probably makes sense ...

teenagers are an imposition!

True, but mine aren't teenagers any more. We recently attended DGD's highschool graduation because her daddy asked us to join him. Someone wrote that grandchildren are your reward for not killing your kids when they were teenagers.

ROFL Havana! Amen!

Chelsea once asked me why I dont homeschool the two of them.

I told her I didnt want to go to prison for murder!

Linda, the hospitalee was also a lil self centered also. Once I had the child, I found out that she went out shopping, dinner and a movie with her OTHER friend!

Now I have no problem with people having other friends. But wasnt I supposed to be watching her child so that she could rest and recoup from being in the hospital?

Not watching child so that she could go have a gay-ole` time.

We had fun though. Rained all weekend. Nat and the girl saw Over the Hedge and Chels and I saw Notorious Betty Paige. Then we did paper mache maracas, made our own pizzas and they made a tent city in the livingroom.

So I didnt mind having her (known her since she was 2yrs old) and she is like one of my own kids when she is here. But I dont like being treated like that.

Lemme get this straight--you're watching her child because she is desperately ill and needs to recup, but she goes out shopping instead.

I say don't watch that child anymore, period, unless your child wants to play with her, and then only on your time!