Winter has arived in Maine

Hallowell

We have had a couple of inches of snow here and it is very cold out side so I guess we can say winter has arrived here in central upper New York state. It has been a really comfortable November and I was hoping it would be a relatively warm Dec. The wind has been really wild off and on over the past couple of weeks. The fur kids do not like rain but seem to really like the snow.

The snow is always gorgeous somewhere else. I don't know the last time Savannah, GA got snow or ice. However, it was down in the 40s this morning brrrr. And last night we had the first fire in the fireplace. Our furbaby loves it, we put a rug in front for him and he sleeps there till the fire goes out.

Ooo! Baby it`s cold outside.

I am going to grab Perla in a bit and bring her upstairs so she can get toasty under the covers. Times like this I need my furry hot water bottle.

It's tempting, Holly, especially the last couple of days we've had and even colder to come in the next few. Highs in the teens and the lows, well, single digit at best. Today's supposed to go from 9 degrees F right now all the way up to a great big 13 degrees - with 30 mph winds later. BRRRRRR!!!!

It is cold today but not dreadfully so. I can go on the front porch with just a t-shirt (jeans, socks and slippers..LOL) and not get the shivers. Not warm enough to go that way all together though.

I have to find all of Perla`s jackets and sweaters. Many seem to be missing and I cannot really dig for stuff in my condition. Hopefully I will find one or two to hold her off for now.

She is a stripper (she wiggles out of all her clothes) so it is good to have multiple outfits till we can find the ones she wiggled out of.

It is snowing again here today. We dropped our "little princess" off at the vets this AM for surgery to do a followup on an earlier surgery and concern over some thickening at the surgery site. Not looking forward to going down to pick her up in this latest storm.

Slightly warmer today (and, consequently, overcast) so we went for a walk after lunch.

I have an idea of how I want to finish/ furnish the third floor tower room and then I can play with the bays and porches on the rightside out Fairfield and fiddle with the exterior decor (I always roof the very last) and set it aside to start playing with the iso FF.