Counting down

Deb

In just 21 hours and 26 minutes, our vacation starts! Wooooooohooooooooooooo! We'll be free from work for 18 lovely, beautiful, relaxing days! I've only got one more day to get thru. I think I can. I think I can. I think I can. (work has been really difficult lately with almost unbearable stress levels)

On June 1st, we're throwing luggage into the Blazer and driving to Branson, Missouri. We're really excited about it. There's a bluegrass festival at Silver Dollar City which is the main reason we're going..........a romantic dinner on a paddlewheel showboat at sunset......a train ride thru the Ozark mountains.....several of the shows.....all that good stuff. We've got a time share condo for a week so we'll be all comfy.

I haven't been back to Branson since I was 16. My family were some of the original settlers of Branson and Ozark and my cousins are the ones who started the Baldknobbers (the first stage show there). But this time, I'm going strictly as a tourist. All my aunts and uncles are gone now and my cousins are strangers to me so I won't be looking up any family ('cept to go to a couple of their shows). We just chose Branson for this vacation because we wanted to get out of this concrete jungle and back to where it's green and where American folk lore, music and art are still celebrated. If any of you have ever been to Silver Dollar City, you know that it's focused around the folk arts native to that area. Nutti, I'm betting you know what I'm talking about.

<happy toe wiggling> In the past, all of our vacation time has been spent visiting family or moving so this is the first real vacation we've taken together. We didn't even take a honeymoon so this is a special trip for us. Can you tell I'm excited?

Deb

My parents are coming up to vist us today. I could not sleep all night and decided after scrubbing floors and washing cloths to get online. :lol:

Deb you sound like my parents. They are so happy to have the extended weekend! I hope you enjoy your time off.

Deb, enjoy yourselves on your vacation & don't forget to grab a dinner at Lambert's Cafe ("home of the throwed rolls"), one of the best shows we've ever had while eating. There are three in the US and the one in the Ozarks is the only one we haven't been to yet.

Tracy, enjoy your company.

Sssoooo ........ you'll be away 18 days Deb.

18?

Whole days......away.......no posting?

Dooo have a lovely time.

Hope you enjoy yourself.

Glen (relieved sigh)

18?

Dooo have a lovely time.

Hope you enjoy yourself.

Glen (relieved sigh)

Bad Glen Bad Bad Glen--You did see she has 21 ones ours left to get you before she leaves :lol:

Deb: I hope you have a great time.

Nutti, I'm betting you know what I'm talking about

OMG!!

you are choosing to come to my neck of the woods?

how kewl!

yannno I am just about 2 hours from Branson....I grew up going to SDC once a summer.

but I havent been since the kids were young. oooohhhh girl do you remember the traffic? its no better

take a magazine for the car while coming back from SDC

but of course while you are in town they have bicycles to rent.

if yall decide to go to springfield to Lamberts you should let me know....Ill come and join you for Dinner.

of course Carthage is a nice laid back town to visit! Precious Moments Chapel and civil war history.

and as for the trip....congrats! the trip DH and I took to Chicago was our first trip anywhere for all of our 22 yrs that we took without Children! it was wonderful!

yall are going to have a great time!

of course if ya gonna have withdrawls ya can always come and pooter here so Glen wont miss you too much!

Happy Vacation DEB!

nutti :lol:

Okay, hold your ears coz this is gonna be loud:

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaawwww!!

I'm free!! I'm free!! <bouncing off the walls like Daffy Duck after a double espresso> Woohooo! Wooohoooo!! I'm outta there for 18 days!! I'm sooooooooooooo relieved to get away from that office for awhile. And to be honest, when I get back from Branson, I probably won't be going back to work there for long. I'm considering my options for something else. A person can only take so much, ya know. I've been working constantly since I was 14 and I've only held 4 jobs so that tells you how stable I am in a job, but things have been souring there badly and when you wake up in the morning fighting back tears at the thought of going in, it's time to move on.

18?

I'm sorry Glen, but I'll only be out of town from the 1st thru the 10th. :) The rest of the time I'll be here and able to post. But cheer up!! I'm working on an Aster right now that's going to occupy a lot of my time!

oooohhhh girl do you remember the traffic? its no better

take a magazine for the car while coming back from SDC

Darn. I was hoping that the reconstruction of the highway there would have relieved some of that. Thanks for the heads up about it. We'll be sure to fill up the gas tank before we head out and take a good book. :lol:

if yall decide to go to springfield to Lamberts you should let me know....Ill come and join you for Dinner.

of course Carthage is a nice laid back town to visit!

:p We hadn't planned on getting to Springfield, but if we do, I'll find an internet kiosk and send you a PM to let you know!

but of course while you are in town they have bicycles to rent.

<giggling> I haven't been on a bike since Hector was a pup, but we *are* gonna ride the Ducks! I can't miss that! Not only is it fun to ride the Ducks, but you get a free Wacky Quacker! I'm not sure how I've lived this long without one.

Deb

we *are* gonna ride the Ducks! I can't miss that! Not only is it fun to ride the Ducks, but you get a free Wacky Quacker!

We did notice last summer that MO isn't like other states...

<happy toe wiggling> In the past, all of our vacation time has been spent visiting family or moving so this is the first real vacation we've taken together. We didn't even take a honeymoon so this is a special trip for us. Can you tell I'm excited?

Deb

Man do I hear you on that one. I haven't been on a real vacation in 24 years. EVERY time I've had time off work it's been to visit family, in Canada, in March and October. I've decided that since No one (me Brother Stinky being the only exception) has come to visit me, that next time I get time off I'm going to do something different, likely just stay at home and relax. My last visit to the Great White North made me wish I was at work instead. Family, not the country BTW.

We did notice last summer that MO isn't like other states...

heheheheheeheheheheehehee Now *that's* the truth!

EVERY time I've had time off work it's been to visit family, in Canada, in March and October. I've decided that since No one (me Brother Stinky being the only exception) has come to visit me, that next time I get time off I'm going to do something different

Right on! Family doesn't always see it this way, but vacation time is limited and there's nothing wrong with using it for an actual vacation, or for down time. Time with family is usually anything but relaxing. We've been soooooooo stressed out in the months since Bruce's heart attack that this time for just the two of us is much needed.

Deb