24th scale Gothic House

miniaturemaid

Im Really bad for doing this but last night whilst looking on ebay i found a 24th scale tennyson lookalike its called the gothic house i bought it :roflmao: has anyone built one of these and if so do you have any pictures or tips? Thanks in advance for your help

Rachel :jump1:

Hi Ladies

I Will post pics as soon as i get it. It doesnt have furniture with it though, and im really not sure about the smaller scale but im running out of space now so have to go smaller in order to carry on so im going to try it lol....i got a puzzle house in a swap (looks like the arthur) and i got a furniture kit with it so enough for both houses i will add pictures of both when i can. Wish me luck....

It doesnt have furniture with it though, and im really not sure about the smaller scale but im running out of space now so have to go smaller in order to carry on so im going to try it lol....i got a puzzle house in a swap (looks like the arthur) and i got a furniture kit with it so enough for both houses i will add pictures of both when i can.

Half scale is a great space saver! Big enough that you can still have tons of detail, but small enough that it barely takes up any room at all. I went back to working on a 1" house this weekend after focusing on half scale for almost the entire year, and wow, it was a bit of a shock! I couldn't believe how much wallpaper and trim I was using up. I guess I'm still thinking in half scale! :roflmao:

I have been building the puzzle house that looks like the Arthur - there are some pictures in my gallery and details about the build here if you're interested. I can't wait to see what you do with the little Tennyson! They're not the same brand but I'm assuming that building it will be similar to the puzzle house... look forward to hearing your feedback on it.

As for furniture, there have been one or two good threads on half scale furniture in the General forum the past few months, you should be able to find them with a search.

Hi Fov

I love your puzzle Arthur the new windows look great, Im going to use the windows that are with the kit and see how it turns out.. so far all i've done is glue part of the house together but i will post pictures when i do anything else. Im all up for saving space it means i can have more houses lol... :) and saving time and wallpaper is great too.

I love that house! I saw one ready made in a miniature store, and it's a cutie. :)

Actually, we have 2 versions of it available over here. There's a very cheap one, that's sold over the internet (at a Ebay-like site) and a more expensive version. The expensive version is the one I saw at the store. Couldn't compare them of course, since the cheaper one was on the internet.

To me it's fun that more people seem to take in interest in half scale.

Yep its probably the cheaper version i havent paid an awful lot for it, im easing myself into the smaller scale gently :) i'd love to have a 12th scale tennyson but the shipping is way too expensive :( so i'll have to make do with the smaller version but maybe i'll buy two lol... :)

i'd love to have a 12th scale tennyson but the shipping is way too expensive :( so i'll have to make do with the smaller version but maybe i'll buy two lol... :)

Shipping is way too much for me too. To my astonishment I found second hand kit on a local Ebay site some time ago. A very old kit, not the laser cut Tennyson. I dread building it, though. Most likely the wood has deteriorated, but I could make templates. Nevertheless it would sure be cute to have a 1/12th and a 1/24th scale Tennyson side by side.

Sure, why not buy two? They're very attractive. :)

That Sounds great i cant wait to get mine now. I did buy another but its for a friend of mine whos in new york, I thought it would be a nice christmas gift. So i did get two but only one is for me i dont feel so bad now lol.... :)

All your work is amazing i love looking in the galleries here im no where nearly as talented as you all but im trying(my partner says very lol... :) )