VERY ANGRY

Anya

I am so annoyed. I got a letter on Saturday from a parcel courier (parcel force) saying that MY Queen Anne doll house is being held and I need to pay a clearance fee of £32.84. :unsure:

I paid the fee right away over the phone and they gave me a delivery date of 23/05/06. I waited in all day yesterday for it to arrive and nothing came. I phoned their automated service and no one answered. I spent 30 min on the phone to be in a queue to be told that they were not taking calls. Checked my account and the clearance fee was taken out of there on Monday

Then I rang today and got such lame excuses so I really had a go at the idiot on the other end. He was going on that they have had problems with their payment service for some time. Yeah sure but they had no problems taking my money out of my account did they and why give a delivery date and not stick to it? Well idiot said that the house will arrive tomorrow and he will make sure of it, then went onto apologise but that just isn't good enough for me I want my house!!!!

My house better had arrive tomorrow or I am going down to their office to play hell!

If it's any consolation we got a card today saying we'd been sent a courier parcel. Because we weren’t home they didn’t leave it and won’t deliver it again for another 5 days.

It was sent from about 5 km away but to collect the parcel myself tomorrow I have to go to their office which is about 18km away.

What kind of bleep bleep courier service is that?

Cheers

Glen

Sheesh, I pay extra to send stuff via Priority Service with delivery confirmation. I make the lables online and it should arrive in 3 days of my sending the parcel. Well, It can take up to 2 sometimes 3 WEEKS to be delivered.

My post office is so lazy that now they don't scan in the lables because when items don't arrive to there distination it SHOWS it's there fault. But if they don't scan that they have received it, they can be lazy because it only shows online that the label has been created so I get people calling me thinking I am sitting on there packages.

I have complained too many times to count. It is nerve wrecking for sure! Sorry about your problems you two!

Well I thought it was just my local post office - apparently postal services all over the world are slacking off - heh.

Tracy- did you complain on the local level or did you go over your postmaster's head? The only time I've Ever gotten results with any complaint about my post office (and I've complained lots) is when I used the internet and sent my complaint to the main postal guys - then suddenly the postmaster was calling me on the phone appologizine and assuring me the problem woudln't happen again (the same problem I'd been complaining about for 6 months and getting a laugh and smirk from them about) and asking me to come to him if there's a problem and specifically asking me Not to write in my complaint over the computer - apparently he got quite a chewing out when he had to answer to someone higher up. So if you haven't gotten on hte USPS website and used that to voice your complaint - please do try it. It can't hurt and like I said it's the Only thing that helped me get any results at all.

-David

Tracy- did you complain on the local level or did you go over your postmaster's head?

Yes I have complained David. Things were good for about 1 month but then it just started right back up. It makes me sick for sure! :unsure:

The Canada Post delivery fellows that actually bring me my parcels are the greatest. They kindly tuck my parcels between the doors, or even go into the backyard and put them on the bbq for me.

It's the sorting and administrative people that frustrate me. As I've said before, I've probably paid enough customs and postal fees to buy one of Canada Posts' trucks.

-Susanne

Yes I have complained David. Things were good for about 1 month but then it just started right back up. It makes me sick for sure! :unsure:

I hate postal run arounds. After the first time I went over our postmaster's head he was all appologetic and nice and the problem cleared up for about 2 months then started happening again - I wrote to the main branch via internet again - the problem stopped.. this time it was about 6 months till they started taking an attitude with me "If you got a package you would have gotten a notification"... and there my package sat and me getting other people's notifications but not mine and them saying "We don't make mistakes" when I suggested maybe they put my notice in someone elses box. The third time complaining to the main office was the charm <knock on wood> so far that is. It's been over a year now since the problem stopped so hopefully it's taken care of. I do know there are a few new people in the post office and I haven't seen the postmaster for about a year - so it's possible they replaced him. Of course when ever I'd hear someone else standing in line complaining about the same thing - I'd tell them to write to the main office... so maybe it just took a lot of folks doing it <?>

-David

Oh I definitely feel for all of you. :lol:

Do these couriers actually realise what damage they are doing by depriving us of our beloved kits? :unsure:

I thought that they just had it in for me, well it looks like that I am not the only one.

Poor us.

Do these couriers actually realise what damage they are doing by depriving us of our beloved kits?

Do they realize the danger they are putting themselves in :unsure: . Maybe they don't realize just how BAD we can make a small thing like wood HURT. I know I think about giving a couple of them a splinter :lol:

My USPS delivery guy is awesome. My husband knows him through work so he is always checking to see if we are there first if he has a package that won't fit in the mailbox. He knows I get a lot of mail from Stampin' Up! since I'm a demonstrator. The day that I got my dollhouse he jokingly complained "What is this thing, lead?" and we laughed about it. I told him what it was and he said he was glad he checked to see if I was home because it was supposed to rain and the wood might have gotten wet. How sweet is that!!! We have also given him leave to set packages by our back door inside the fence if it is big and it is going to rain-he said that was no problem at all (since he likes looking at our outdoor railroad anyway). I guess I am kinda lucky--he even likes our dog and knows him by name (and the dog likes him since he pets him).

I am sorry that so many of you have had such horrible problems.

Good luck resolving your issues and hope things improve dramatically.

Sandra

the fed-ex and ups guys and a couple of our regular mail carriers knows I do not answer the door(mainly because I dont hear them knocking) so they always open the first door and leave things in the entranceway.

is so kewl to open the door and find houses at your feet!

or other goodies!

nutti :unsure:

I have a pretty good rapport with my USPS office down the end of the road. There is one that is closer to my shopping, but they are a description I won't mention here. :blink: I have gone into THAT office and saw people milling about, heard the bell, Looked at me standing there, and went on about their business. Did I mention they watch tv also? And bring their pet chicken's eggs to hatch under light bulbs? :huh: One of the postal ladies in there made a point of telling me she had to bring the eggs to work with her because they were 'getting ready to hatch,' :huh: (I was simply buying stamps, and looking at the stuff stacked ontop of the file cabinet--didn't know what it was) So that is why I go to my postal carrier at the end of the road. They are small, but they are nice and quite efficient. I also can go in early and get shipping quotes on items from them, they are really great.

I have had more problems with UPS than USPS, believe it or not. I have shipped two items through UPS and never again. They have a racket going on where they will not guarantee anything unless THEY pack it--for a fee, of course. ;) I have often wondered why they just don't say,' Stick 'em up...' :lol:

I feel for you, it is distressing to be expecting a package and it never shows up. :(

Do they realize the danger they are putting themselves in :blink: . Maybe they don't realize just how BAD we can make a small thing like wood HURT. I know I think about giving a couple of them a splinter :huh:

At least they'd only be mini splinters.

-Susanne

Oh I definitely feel for all of you. :lol:

Do these couriers actually realise what damage they are doing by depriving us of our beloved kits? :huh:

I thought that they just had it in for me, well it looks like that I am not the only one.

Poor us.

Perhaps we can sue them for psychological damages. These packages are important to us.

For sure Holly! I had to send the second one using a different post office in another town!

I just paid $100 for a memory card for a new camera I decided to treat myself with this week. It was sent regular mail :huh: and my mailman just left it in front of my door :blink: I am glad I was home. I was so ticked off though cause anyone could have taken it if they wanted to. Sheesh, the wind could have blown it down the street even.

For sure Holly! I had to send the second one using a different post office in another town!

I just paid $100 for a memory card for a new camera I decided to treat myself with this week. It was sent regular mail :huh: and my mailman just left it in front of my door :blink: I am glad I was home. I was so ticked off though cause anyone could have taken it if they wanted to. Sheesh, the wind could have blown it down the street even.

UPS and Fed Ex are just as bad, everything seems to be sent drop ship these days. Meaning it's just dropped at the destination. Here's a highlight of things dropped at the door, here and other locations: A Littmann Cardiology Stethoscope ($200), an Epiphone Thunderbird Bass with fitted Epiphone case ($450), Fine Molds Millennium Falcon kit ($200), you know the prices of dollhouses so I'll just list 'em, The Garfield, Beacon Hill, all the stuff Marg got off Ebay, the Foxhall, Queen Anne 2, Montclair, the top though, left outside the garage at the front of the house, the Grosvenor, that was $1700 with shipping.

As a Former Usps carrier, I wanted to give a lil insight into the delivery of packages. I am NOT defending the practice or how you have been treated. I am pretty sure the regulations are basically the same as they were 10 years ago (it`s the feds, nothing changes)

I was rural but I am pretty sure it is the same for city carriers too. If your package is first class,it doesnt have a signature notification (has to be signed for to be delivered), and the weather is ok (meaning it isnt a blizzard) , the carriers have to deliver that package whether you are there or not.

It stinks! Carriers get real good talking toos if they come back with a first class package. Usually in smaller p.o`s you can make arrangements to have the package held for you or not delivered if you are not home. But that is like a honor system, not regulation.

I HATED having to leave a package on someone`s porch or hanging from their mailbox (rain or not)

And most larger rural or city p.o`s wont let you hold your mail unless you hold it for like 3 days.

I live in a city. i have a good relationship with my carrier (and the subs) and they ring bell when package arrives. I have also gone down to the P.O in the morning to talk to carrier b4 they left to try to get a package or an important check.

I really disliked that work. It can really make you Postal.

Well I finally got my parcel yesterday. Everything is there and I have made a complaint about their service. The joke was that they were supposed to deliver the day before the parcel arrived and I waitied in the living room all day for the them.

Anyway had enough of waiting and decided to track the parcel on the internet via parcelforce. There written on the screen it said 'attempted delivery at 3:13pm'. I looked at the clock which read 3:20pm. There was no way there tried to deliver the parcel and if they did why wasn't there a card through the door saying they tried to deliver? They even lie to cover themselves these days.

I have had UPS show that an item was "Delivered" and I was out front planting flowers and there was NO WAY they had delivered it without my knowing. I called the company and they made the driver turn around and bring it to me (I got a package at 8pm).

I also had a UPS driver change my address (Town, zip code and street name) because he could not find my house. I saw it say delivered on the system and I called UPS to file a complaint because ALL of my info was changed. They called the driver because I know I had my tele phone number put on the package and asked them why didn't the driver call me if he was lost. Well he said there was no number on the package. When I got the package the next day, he tried to cross out my telephone number and it was there with hishand writing crossing over my correct address :lol:

My UPS drivers are lazy and fed ex aren't too far behind them. DHL has been the best for me so far.

I am glad you got your package!

I have had UPS show that an item was "Delivered" and I was out front planting flowers and there was NO WAY they had delivered it without my knowing. I called the company and they made the driver turn around and bring it to me (I got a package at 8pm).

I also had a UPS driver change my address (Town, zip code and street name) because he could not find my house. I saw it say delivered on the system and I called UPS to file a complaint because ALL of my info was changed. They called the driver because I know I had my tele phone number put on the package and asked them why didn't the driver call me if he was lost. Well he said there was no number on the package. When I got the package the next day, he tried to cross out my telephone number and it was there with hishand writing crossing over my correct address :angry:

My UPS drivers are lazy and fed ex aren't too far behind them. DHL has been the best for me so far.

I am glad you got your package!

Tracy that is even worse than what they tried to do to me. How awful and lazy.

I hope he got the sack (hehe literally). Very bad postal joke, sorry hehe.