Miniature Pinecones

Lisa_F

all that I have ever bought was found on e-bay.

I have used all my smallest ones on this or that project so Im all out.

good luck finding these!

nutti :unsure:

Fimo, Sculpy? They have to look right on 6" tall trees? Almost anything conical and brown about 1/64" long would work. Find a bunch of brown tail combs, cut the very tips off, bet it'll fly.

Let me take a gander in my yard today (with a ruler). How many do you need?

I know you want real lil itty bitty ones. The trees drop them in different sizes.

I remember during the X-mas season, Micheals had some and so did Walmart. Some of them had white paint on them to look like sprinkled snow and the others were plain. They were sold on wire (Which I remember cutting off). When I go to Hannahs (A shop I get all my special floral stuff from) I'll take a look there. They seem to have ecerything all of the time.

:unsure:

I remember buying a bunch of these at the holidays too - they were the size of really big pine cones but worked well set about my mini fireplace mantle as decorations. I got them really cheap and gave a bunch to the minitures shop, not sure if I have any left. If I do they might look a little big on a 6 inch tree but would probably work. I'll see if I can find any around here, but I might have used up what I had.

-David

Thanks for the replies everyone :unsure:

Earlier this year when I went to a miniature show I found (& bought) a 1:12 Christmas tree - beautifully dressed & very old-fashioned looking - one of the decorations on the tree were miniature pinecones (along with stringed popcorn & miniature candles). I would like to make another tree similar to this for my nieces dh and wanted to use the pinecones for other decorative dh items too (basket filled with them next to the fireplace, etc.). I'll take a look in the local craft stores when the holiday season gets closer - I've looked recently & they don't have anything like that - at least not in the right size.

Let me take a gander in my yard today (with a ruler). How many do you need?

I know you want real lil itty bitty ones. The trees drop them in different sizes.

That would be awesome! I've looked around our yard as we have plenty of trees here - but all of the pinecones are way too big for what I need. Up to 50 would be great - but I'd be happy with any amount. :lol:

I would be happy to pay for them, and shipping too!

When we were hiking around New Brunswick I found some evergreen shrubs with wee little cones, you might also check with someone who has arbor vitae or some other ornamental evergreen shrubbery.

I was looking through one of my mini project books(looking for inspirations) and found instructions to make mini pinecones. I'll scan and email them to you if you would like. Pm me your email if you do.

Thank you!!!