Candy and flowers

Deb

Kathy sent me the first pictures of the Lily as she's getting it furnished, so here they are as promised. ;)

While Kathy was here, we dug thru my scrap wood box and she took some pieces home with her to play with. The shelf by the kitchen door with the pots and pans on it is one of the pieces she made out of scrap wood. Pretty cool, huh.

post-329-1148196406_thumb.jpg

This is the sewing room in the attic. While she was here, we bashed the quilting frame she got from HBS to put a proper tilt to it and recovered it with a new quilt. I love the sewing machine she found for this room.

post-329-1148196499_thumb.jpg

And this is the playroom in the attic. Her story line is that a Gramma lives in this house and, of course, the grandchildren need a place to play when they visit. What better place than in the attic while Gramma sews in the next room. Kathy made the table, chair and toy shelf in this room. I think she's done a fantastic job on her first pieces.

post-329-1148196617_thumb.jpg

Those are all the pictures she's got for me so far. She's still waiting for the rest of her orders to come in and then she'll send pictures of the dining room, living room, sitting room, bathroom, bedroom and balcony. She found a working grandfather clock for the sitting room that I can't wait to see.

Deb

Wow Deb!,

She's really doing great! That kitchen is beautiful and I love the sewing room - I wish my craft room was that neat ;) And that little lincoln log house in the kids play room - Way cool!! So when is Kathy going to join the forum hehehe :)

-David

Deb: Thanks for the pictures, it is so nice to see your (I mean Kathy's) Lily come alive. She is doing a great job making miniature furniture.

I'm trying to convince her that she needs to come hang out with other mini-ists. She's showing all the signs of addictions, so she really should come to the support group. :unsure: She made a totally awesome quilt this afternoon..........a genuine pieced 9 Patch of the same fabrics used in the big quilt in her bedroom. It's even quilted. The color scheme of the Lily was designed around that quilt (I used fabric swatches to match the paint) so the mini quilt is just a very cool feature.

Deb

Here's the pic of that 9 Patch quilt and pillow sham Kathy made. She's going to starch it so it lays down properly, but the workmanship is just beautiful. Her big quilts are just as gorgeous.

post-329-1148343063_thumb.jpg

Deb

The quilt is beautiful..How did you get the clock to match?

That clock really is perfect for the room. I knew the room was going to have green wallpaper and the furniture was going to be white so every thing else could be pink. When I saw the pink clock I knew I had to have it.

Kathy

Oh My goodness!! YES she did a Super Fantastic job. It's so cool. I love quilts. Especially in the dollhouse. I have been wanting to make one for myself since I was 13 years old and still have not done it :unsure:

I really like the mini one!

This room looks so pretty!! Oh I love that Quilt!!! Now who made it? How can I find her?

I made the quilt and the sham. It only took a couple of hours at the most and a couple of scraps. It's waaaaaaaay easier than it looks.

Kathy