Oh boy, a new house for me!

A while back, I bought a Vermont Farmhouse Jr dollhouse from a lady who had it advertised on Craigslist. I wasn't able to actually pick it up until today (time and my work schedule just wouldn't permit). Anyway, she had just recently finished it, and she did a great job (especially since it was her first build). It's got hardwood floors and pretty wallpaper, so I have decided not to wire it. (Here lately, I ALWAYS wire them, but I just can't bear to undo all of her hard work.) It's also fun because while I like her choices, I don't think they are ones I would have gone with. So, I'll have the benefit of decorating from someone else's palette, and that will help me expand my abilities in the decorating arena. There are some exterior embellishments I want to add, but I am really excited because when I went through my furniture stash today, I found that I have just about everything I need for the interior. It is going to be SO pretty! I think the only thing I don't have is a bed or bedroom set. But, that can come later . . . When I get pictures of it all done up, I'll post before and after shots!

And, here's another fun aspect of this purchase . . . the lady is all excited about doing another build, and I think I'm going to get her to be a member here! She is planning to try wiring on this one. We had a great, lengthy conversation today and I can tell she's getting the Mini Bug! Hooray!

That's wonderful, Rhonda, both the new house and a possible new member! Good for you!

I've always liked the Vermont farmhouse. It may be a simple house, but it's so utterly charming and cute. I hope to buy the 1/2 scale version one day.