Sad News

I know a lot of us have purchased items from Earth & Tree and it is with a heavy heart that I tell you all this sad news, Tom Berkner of Earth & Tree (Toms Mill) passed away Friday. He had a Heart attack while mowing the lawn.

Our Miniature World just lost a Wonderful and Talented Person. I am so sorry to hear about this loss as many of you are also I am sure. I have had the chance to talk to him a couple of times regarding some plans I purchased from him last year and he was very insightful & helpful. I would like to express my Sympathy to his Dear wife and family.

His sight was one of the first I found when I first started re-doing my Cambridge. In fact I still rely on his hints about which glue to use for what surface. I've printed out several of his how to and hints.

I've heard great things about him and the times I've ordered they were very nice and the service was great.

I didn't know Mr. Berkner, but it's always sad when a fellow mini-person passes away because they take so much away with them. :D

My condolences to his family and friends.

I heard about this on a miniature group on yahoo. I met Tom & Kari in South Carolina on the way back home from a show at Miniature Memories. He and Kari were delivering to Joan and the new line they were delivering in 1/2 inch was simply remarkable. He was a truly, 'Wonderful Person' as we sockees called him in GSOLFOT.

'Man creates art, but only God can create an artist.' --(I may have misquoted here, but describes Tom well.)

He will be truly missed.