Tomy Smaller Homes dollhouse

fov

After many, many years of searching -- and then a few more years of being too lazy to take pictures -- I have finally posted some pictures of my Tomy Smaller Homes dollhouse. I redid the wallpaper and flooring but kept the original furniture.

Anyone else have one of these houses? I'd love to see what others have done with it!

The only piece of furniture I really need at this point is a bed (I didn't like the one that came with it). The scale is 3/4". Any good tips on beds that would fit the period? I've looked at some plastic furniture on eBay, I think it's Marx, but it seems more 1950s than 1980s.

There are a few more pictures here, along with the story behind my hunt for this house...

post-7-1246504543_thumb.jpg

post-7-1246504552_thumb.jpg

post-7-1246504559_thumb.jpg

post-7-1246504567_thumb.jpg

It's all plastic. It's papered outside to look like stucco with wood paneling. I thought about redoing the front with "real" stucco and wood, but the paper is in pretty good shape, so I've tabled that idea for now.

That's one reason I'm unsure what to do about the bed... I could probably make one, but I'm concerned that if I make it out of wood it won't go with everything else. Then again, if it's mostly covered with bedding, make that won't make a difference.

I had this house when I was a kid! I loved it. We had a house fire and it melted. My brother bought a new house for me with all the furniture and had it set up for me when I got home from school.

A regular child's bed should work...That's what I had to use for my Vicarage(SF)

because I was pressed for room. I found a nice wooden bed on E-bay for 5.00.

Worked for me!!