I bought this house from micheals

asherah

The Frankenstein and mummy were in the boys toys in our store...not with the Halloween stuff. I was looking for a motorcycle and came upon them. I am not making a "real" house for Halloween. I am using one of those house shaped shadow boxes with the little sections that I got in Michaels and never made anything out of...at least I am going to give it a try. lol

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to Micheal's today and bought another house with veranda kit and two furniture kits.

The house kit was 2.39 and the furniture kits 1.49 each. I'm thinking I'll go back tommorrow and get some more. Don't know what I'll do with all of them but for these prices, I'll figure something out, maybe bash a couple together! :p

i envy those of you who are getting these great deals on them. They sold out here in just a few weeks and haven't gotten any more at all. They still have a half dozen of the furniture kits, but that's it!

Make yourself a couple of paper dolls; one five and a half to six inches tall, the other two and three-quarters to three inches tall. Which doll can sit on the chair?

If the chair is two and a quarter inches tall at its highest point (the back) - then it's probably half-scale.

I think its half scale....kinda sorta! Would you believe I have to make one more of these puzzle houses? I have an idea rattling around in my head and it won't leave me alone lol! Shhhhhhh I am not telling what it is yet!

Your house turned out great Roxxxie. I put 2 peices of bamboo skewers (from $store) on the front of mine to make it look like it had porch posts holding up the peak. I love watching these builds! They're so versatile.

I like the hair on Sherry's house too, and it's not even noticeable that it's supposed to have a chimney. The small gum machine caps (the ones with a flat colored bottom and bubble top, big enough round for like a ring, would make an O.k. cauldron for 1/2 inch)

Looking forward to seeing more being built, sounds like there are still more kits to come. Yeah! I will get to the Fairy house eventually, I promise. The Glo, is demanding my every spare second still, and I'm giving her all my attention. Right now, I'm hanging my DD#2 wedding pics in there, along with the rest of my kids, and she's thrilled. I painted her Chrysbon dresser set, (tedious job) I also gave her the orange pot set she demanded, by painting a blue speckled set for her. Tonite she wants a bookshelf on the top floor, infront of the stair enclosure...

I haven't worked on mine at all this week. I got the chimney on, and am still trying to decide how to do the wishing well. But by the time I get home at night, I'm too tired to drag everything out and work on it. So I crochet on a dh afgan. Maybe this weekend!

I have a "balance" problem with that over hang also Sue. I didn't know what to do with it so I just left it alone.

I hear there are new puzzles of a different style but I haven't seen them. I really want to concentrate on my Farm house...it keeps me awake at night thinking about it...lol

I don't feel that my 50's house is "done" as it doesn't have good inhabitants. The upstairs is kind of empty also.

I am still adding little touches to my Violet house...she sits in the living room and every now and then I do more on her. One last thing I need a roof on my 1/4 inch house!

:unsure:

Paula, I just got back from running to Hobby Lobby to get that! It ought to work great once I spiffy it up a bit. Thanks!

DH and I are planning another small house. This will be a shop, almost a room box, except it has a roof, and 4 sides with an opening front. I just have to decide what kind of shop, and order my door and window from Ernie while he has his Pre Labor Day sale. help me think of some different kind of shop, please?

I have birds, squirrels, bunnies, and the cutest tiny chipmunk to use! All the animals loved her, she was ssoooo sweet she'd give you diabetes. lol! If my granddaughter only knew how I feel about ol' Snow white! Actually, all of the older Disney princesses were pretty much gutless wonders who depended on fairy godmothers and luck, just to stay alive!

I can't wait to see it! Where do you find all those crittors? Don't forget Prince Charming! I could use a fairy godmother myself sometimes...lol!

I liked Mulan! She was a tough cookie! :unsure:

The wishing well from HL is actually closer to 1/4 scale, so I am back to trying to do something with the one I was making. We'll see, Snow may not get a well! I'm working on the landscaping and the creek right now...this is going to be a very busy landscape!

How's your project coming along, Roxxie? i'm anxious to see what you have planned next!

I tried to take a photo of the well, but no luck tonite. I guess it's the florescent lite making everything look like it's so bright. Making a forest is harder than making a yard! With a yard, you just lay out the flowerbeds and make walkways. I'm trying to make a path meander over the creek, by the well, and to the house. So far, it just looks like I spilled coffee grounds on the board and they grew mold!

LOL Sherry! I haven't tried to do outside landscaping yet. Maybe you could make a well yourself? I would have to think hard about that one. I still want a phone in my shop and a few other details. I didn't work on minis at all yesterday except try to plan for the walls and wallpaper in my farmhouse. Did you put up wall paper after you built your FH? I was going to wallpaper before I assembled like I did for my puzzle houses...it came out so nice and flat when I did that. I have some scrapbook paper I LOVE but there just isn't enough of it to use in my fh.

I could make chair rails I guess that would use less paper so I could spread it out.

What kind of animals did you get? Those flocked ones? They have some real cute ones but I don't know if they are the right scale.

I ordered some resin animals from Manor House minis. The chipmunk is fine in scale and so are the turtles. The bunnies may be a bit large, but not too-they are just well fed.lol! Check them out, I've found some cool stuff there and ordered from them several times with no problem.

I got the well done, and it's not bad. I'm just waiting on the creek to dry, if it's going to, and then I can add the moss to the house and well.

Yep, on the farmhouse, I papered after the build, and did the same thing with the other RGT house I built. The rooms are big enough that it's not a problem to get in them, and that way you can wrap the paper at the corners and not have seams to worry about showing. Make a wainscoting for the bottom of the room and then your paper should be enough for the whole room!

Do you do the bottom chair rail before you paper? I think I remember doing that in my real house years ago.

I keep changing my mind on the colors and style! lol Do I want an old time FH or a new one?

I need a black and white cat like mine ( pictured on my avatar of course!)

I'm looking for this wallpaper with a dark blue background...this says its emerald green?

post-4159-1250437627_thumb.jpg

I put the paper on first, then the wainscoting next. Since it is already cut, you don't have to worry so much about it being perfectly straight on the top edge, just line it up on the floor, and there's your straight top!

That wallpaper looks blue to me-hard to order colors off the internet!

I know I thought it was blue also but the description says emerald. AC Moore has a couple of the wallpapers and they look nothing like the picture of the same thing online! Whats with these sites now with the no returns?

If I could find another book of this scrapbook designs I would just use that! The papers look a little scuffed and worn which would be good in a house...makes it more real don't ya think?

My poor desperate ( fat) kitty is licking my foot while I type...lol I put him on a diet ( he has diabetes now controlled with diet) but he is not a happy camper...I digress from minis! :)

Roxxie, I went to the teacher's store this morning to get some more stuff GS1 needed for school Monday. I found the pizza eraser. It's so cute! I also found a fairy godmother fingerpuppet...sure wish she was about an inch taller, but she's a finger puppet. I still want a good fairy godmother for my house.

The creek has finally dried, but not very clear. I think I will put some wash of a greenish-blue on it to make it look like dark water, then another thin layer of the clear stuff. I'm not sure what to do with it. But I want to get this finished so I can concentrate on the storybook.

Roxxie, the wallpaper looks dark green to me - I guess you just have to go with what they say, not what you see.

Sherry, why don't you give the finger puppet some stuffing for a body, and legs? That way, you can make her tall enough for the house. I wish I could find those cute erasers! What's a "teacher's" store? I mean, it's obvious what it is - but I don't think we have those here ....