I bought this house from micheals

asherah

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, I love my fairy house! Not as much as the gnome's, but it's still cute and was fun to make. I will look for another HOM wing chair, Deana. The one in the bedroom is upholstered to match the drapes in there. But it's too dark a blue, anyway. Making those chairs is fun, I really hope I can find another one!

Woodland...very cute and different puzzle house. Yes! I save every scrap and punch out! I have made all kinds of extras from the scrap pieces. I made a refridgerator from a kitchen cabinet, a laptop computer, I redesigned the sink and stove of the puzzle furniture and now making a record player. Of course they aren't real detailed but in a puzzle house they work! :unsure:

Wake up Rox....I just scrolled up the page and saw your house! Its sooooooo pretty! I love love love the colors!

I would love to come sit in that house with the fairy! LOL

My s l o w computer keeps loading here and I see more posts.

I am making good progress on my Puzzle House....I haven't said much because I hope it will surprise you a little bit...maybe. I am having so much fun with it!

Haven't thought about the Orchid that much yet. I like to finish one thing before I move on or I am in danger of not finishing anything. I get soooo distracted!

:unsure:

Got my coffee table made! I may win one on Ebay, but I'll decide which one to use in this house later. This one may be a bit too 'craftsman' in style, but no problem there. I found patterns to make an entire craftsman living room! It was fun, but measurements sure are close on something that size. I didn't have a pattern for this, just made it up as I went along. Getting the stretchers to be the right length and identical in length to each of the others took a bit of sanding and cussing..I'm waiting for the sealer to dry and will post photos of my creation later!

LOL Sherry...I do a bit of talking to myself too. I just modified a puzzle table into a coffee table. I have no idea if it fits the decor of the day but it will have to do.

My kitty cat is sick...he isn't eating...I worry since he is usually a piggy!

I'm sorry your cat is sick. Maybe the heat? It gets my dogs off their feed.

Here is my coffee table, crummy photo but I had to show off the apron on it. Lots of cussing went into that! There's a photo of it in my 'other projects' album, in the living room for now.

gallery_3692_2557_3619.jpg

Nice job!

Its not even hot here...around 75 and he has been in the ac when it was hot because he stays inside. He is never sick...figures its the weekend and I just had him to the Vet on Monday. He didn't get the distemper shot so that can't be it. I worry like he was my kid! LOL

Looking in your album at the house again...

I wasn't paying attention...did you make the couch and chair?

I love the colors and the details I keep looking at everything.

In the farmhouse? No, they were my big extravagance, from New England minis. The only overstuffed set I could find in the hunter green and not flowered! They are gorgeous, though, well worth the price.

I found patterns to make an entire craftsman living room!
Where? Online? I LOVE how your coffee table came out! I had the joy of making table stringers with the kitchen table I made for the pub. A suggestion, if you still have the instruction sheet that came with your HOM chair, is to use the schematics for the parts to cut new pieces from 1/8" & 1/16" basswood.

... when priming, especially, I throw on two quick coats: first, if the house is built, paint the bottom. Flip the house upright and prime the interior. Turn it around - prime the exterior. If you paint anything like I do, the interior will be dry by the time you've finished the outside. Throw on a second coat of primer and let it 'cure' for a couple days. Then, go back. If the house wasn't sealed, two coats of primer will do it good. If it was sealed, one coat of a good interior flat latex primer will do it. Ready for paint!

Holly, I have several sets of instructions. I ordered 2 books of patterns for craftsman furniture from Dover. They are the real life pieces, but easy to scale down. But Dollhouse Miniatures magazine started a 4 part series of patterns in this months' issue. I don't normally buy it, but will for the next 4 issues.

Thanks for the compliment, maybe I'll eventually get good at making these pieces! It's sure a lot more rewarding than just buying them...and cheaper, too! And I do love craftsman style, we have them in our living room, it's a style you don't get tired of!

Ellen...hey thanks for the priming tutorial! I am going to make my first REAL dh The Orchid and was wondering if I had to seal it...I didn't seal the puzzle house and it seems fine. So do you have pics of your Orchid in the gallery? I would love to see it! :(

I just bought one (actually 2). The puzzle house that is. They were on sale at $4 each. They only had two though. I'm going to finish one to live outside in my garden in the dry months.

Lisa R.

Welcome to the puzzle house club! They are great fun. I am going to make another of mine, the one with the bay windows, into the 7 dwarves house for my granddaughter's Christmas. That could be interesting!

My 2nd puzzle house is really whining under the couch. It almost got let out today, when I was waiting for the Gloucester chimneys to dry. Roxxie, I also have an Orchid in my album. Can't wait to see yours!

I didn't know that the white Orchid was plastic!

I have come to a stand still with my puzzle house..need to rest my wrist for a day or so...

I might take the orchid outside and get primer started..totally unusual low humidity so good time for that. Maybe I can dig up some leftover paint from my livingroom even though its not white white (navajo white more creamy).

Welcome Lisa...good price for the puzzles!

Sue I looked at your album and your Orchid! I notice people have the divider walls in different places...didn't know you could move them! I like the pretty bright colors! I guess mine will let me know what it will look like as I get into it. I forgot I have to do sanding before I prime it..nice day to sit out on the deck and start that...did I say I was going to finish my puzzle house first and rest my wrist? :)

Well, when we met DS1 in Amarillo, he gave me the Snow White and dwarves figurines he bought for me at DisneyWorld. So I am about to pull out another puzzle house and start on the dwarves house.

Question though-snow White will have to have stairs. Shiloh is the type to want stairs. But don't the ones in the kit seem seriously out of scale? I think I will have to make a replacement set, maybe with a landing so they don't go out the back of the house. Don't you all think they are too large and too far between steps for 1/2 scale?

Which house is going to be for the Snow White? I put the stairs in the two story one and ignored the fact that the scale isn't right. I figure there are many things that aren't perfectly in scale but we have to use our imaginations.

I guess you have to decide if SW or her Dwarves will fall through the cracks...those stairs look dangerous!

I am proud of myself... I figured out how to build a window seat to cover the cracks in the front window. Now I have to try and do a better job with the roof. I looked in Big Lots today but no tiny dolls suitable for my house...boo hoo I can't find any. I might have to try and make my own somehow.

Hi ho hi ho its off to play I go....la la dee da...whistling while I work :)