I bought this house from micheals

asherah

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I know. I usually feed them but this one is beyond bold and a destructive bad boy!

Does anyone have or know of where I can get a printie of a jukebox and other 1950's stuff? I tried Jim's Printies and Jennifers but can't find one so I have little hope of finding a half scale one I guess? Wish I knew how to make my own I do have Paint Shop Pro.

Rhonda ... Amen to your comment to HH. On many occasions I, too, have seen or received posts that came across as put-downs or replies to questions perceived as 'ignorant.' Keep in mind, EVERYONE, that not all of us on this forum have been 'spackling masters' for the last 200+ years or so, therefore, I bow to the elders. I do suspect, though, since banning here on the forum has happened recently, that RESPECT ... RESPECT ... for everyone and their differences, their levels of expertise, and their 'dumb' questions, should be honored.

That said, Roxie, you go girl! And ... ImaginaryRain .... I hope you love 'Arthur,' and when or if I can, I'll send more "good news."

P.S. ImaginaryRain and I get together and eat paste on our crackers ...

Well, I'm going to try and make a sofa for this thing today! I got the furniture painted and the pictures and curtains hung yesterday. Also a few accessories to go around the house. I turned the small room downstairs into her 'lab' where she mixes up her fairy dust and potions, but am having a hard time finding things small enough to make to go in it.

Folks, I love you all. But lets keep the controversy out of this thread, please? We are having so much fun in here, and I don't want to see the thread closed!

Sherry! Beads! I glue different shapes of beads together to make bottles and jars in my Violet house. Look in my album!

Play nice girls and boys! This is too much fun to get all serious and grumpy. I am having a blast and making new friends is half the fun of it all!

Sherry I have an idea what I am going to do with my other puzzle house but can't land long enough to get it started. Time to stop at the craft store today and get some paint. Paint always inspires me.

I know you are much more advanced than me but if you want the tutorial that I used to make my couch let me know. I found one on the internet and modified it. :p

post-4159-1247055726.jpg

I've been making bottles. I also made a bunch of 'spell scrolls' this morning. I used different shades of parchment papers, rolled them up and tied each one...then glued them in the shelves because they kept rolling around-lol!

Please do post your tutorial for the sofa. I found one, but not crazy about it. Right now, I'm shrinking down an herbal chart to hang over her worktable.

My stuff for the other house arrives tomorrow. I bought one kitchen set and another bathroom set. I just don't like the wooden kit ones. I will see how the kitchen set is made, so maybe I can make the second one instead of buying one. And the rest of the doors and windows will be here also. I have spent too much money on these little houses, but they are so cute. I modified the bathroom door frame to accommodate the thicker door with trim. I am going to try and lob off the 2 star things in the bedroom. The bathtub hides the other one and the wall butts up against one.

I like the fairy house idea, but I am thinking I will do a mini witch house with spells and potions for one of the next set. I will use the window trim from the first set for the interior of the second set. Same with the doors since the one door is faux.

I either need more time or more energy. The yard is wearing me out.

I would like the couch tutorial also Roxxie.

I know I love her site don't you? LOL Have fun! :p

My project for this afternoon is to ORGANIZE all my STUFF! I bought plastic shoe containers from the dollar store and am going to try and make sense out of nonsense!

That's the one I found, but your sofa is so much cuter than hers! I didn't realize it was the same one! On the instructions where it says to cover the dowel, do you have to cover the end, or is that done with the end template?

Here's Crystal's Den of Witchiness. It's still quite unfinished, as I've not yet received some of the out of town items.

As some of you may or may not recall, this is the house I've been building to commemorate the loss of my dear friend, Crystal Quiroz. She was 33 when she passed in April due to complications from her Muscular Distrophy. This house has been a way for those who loved her to make a little something (like the floor rug to come from MJ in Maryland) that will live forever. The house is going to be given to her best friends who were also her roommates.

FYI: The three pieces of furniture downstairs are from the puzzle kit!

post-4041-1247086674_thumb.jpg

post-4041-1247086686_thumb.jpg

post-4041-1247086700_thumb.jpg

Sherry,

I think the bathtub came from JustMeSue... correct me if I'm wrong dear!

It was in the box of stuff that I've been hording for the foster kid's dollhouses. I bought a bathroom set to replace it.

It's so cute, I'd love to know where she got it. I ran out of steam today, and didn't finish the house. Both bedrooms are done and the 'lab'. But I still have to make the sofa and chair and frame 3 pictures. Maybe tonite!

Sherry

I didn't even use the dowels for the arms. I just used cardboard and a little extra piece of felt to round the arm a little. The dowel would have been too big for the half scale I think. I kind of fudged mine with lots of glue!

I had made another one for my CD bear house and this one came out a lot better I think...just don't look too closely at the back and the seams.

P.S. ImaginaryRain and I get together and eat paste on our crackers ...

Yum. PASTE!

... You know, I don't think I ever ate paste a child? And I can't STAND the smell of Rubber cement. Makes me ill because it smells too much like the sleeping gas they gave me during one of my umpteen (4.. or is it 5?) surgeries when I was a kid.

Anyways, you people *shakes fist* I'll have you know you have me plotting now, and I'll be stuffing my "Gabled" Michael's House back into dry fit this evening or tomorrow, then priming it hopefully before gluing it all together. :angry: I have a plan for the first floor, but nothing yet for the second beyond the painting I'll do.

I'll admit I don't like the staircase in this house, so my first DH may end up with my first alteration... O.o

Sherry, I made my own patterns for the couch the second time with the lavendar house. Maybe I should write my own tutorial since I really didn't follow hers very closely. I just looked at the pictures and did my own thing ( as usual) :angry:

Well, it certainly worked well! I love your sofa. But I got the little arms made this morning, looked at that end template I had to make and thought 'no way!'. I'm going to splurge and buy that little wicker living room set, which is what I really want! I got my pictures framed, varnished the floors, and will put it on the shelf until the furniture arrives!

... And I can't STAND the smell of Rubber cement. Makes me ill because it smells too much like the sleeping gas they gave me during one of my umpteen (4.. or is it 5?) surgeries when I was a kid...

I think it's the smell of the rubber mask they used, not the gas. I also cannot stand the smell of rubber now!

I have been reading along with what you all are doing - and now a friend has given me one of the puzzle houses to build! I think it will have to join the line of patient dh kits, as I have a number of Greenleaf beauties that are first in my priorities!

It's such a little house Rosalind!! Join in NOW. :angry:

Did you see the one a new member has? It looks like these 2. I want one. Sigh.

I want a whole town. I have a windmill, a water mill and a double deck bus to match this set. Maybe I will make a farm! Ooo, with a pond and a stream and little animals... Sheesh, I better go pull some weeds and calm down.