I bought this house from micheals

asherah

I love the pigs' house, that is just too cute! And how wonderful that you both are having so much fun putting it together! (I especially like the pig peeking out from under the blanket!)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Suz I couldn't figure out what that piece was either. I figure I will pirate the pieces for something else like I usually do. These houses are coming out so cute! For us folks on a limited budget its creative and I feel like I am participating. Pics soon! I am trying to figure out the bathroom. I don't like square bathtubs with thingies sticking out of them! lol

I dunno what happened to my post I made this afternoon.......its not here...hmmmm!

The piggie house is so dang cute!'

Suz I wish I knew what that piece was too. I will probably pirate the parts for something else since I have no idea what its for. Maybe its the wicked witches magic mirror....you know...mirror mirror on the wall?

Working on bedding for the purple house. My goal is NO SEW! Glue glue glue! :)

PS this is an edit because right after I sent this post up my other one showed up! I think those gnomes are playing tricks on me!

I got out the house with the verandah last night, thinking I would dryfit it. It is a lot more involved than the other one! I am going to have to punch out and label some pieces, I can tell. I can't figure out yet, how those little pieces with 4 slots fit in, so I guess I will have to try and figure out their instructions!

That's what I was talking about....those pieces with the slots for the porch! I ended up not even using them because I couldn't get the silly things to fit! Let me know if you figure them out!

I am working on the bedding. I want to take out the house that you just did with the two rooms and see what I want to make with it.

I have to figure out how to upholster the couch set, then I'll be moving onto the next house. There's just a few minor paint touch ups left to do on this one, and I must repair the roof where DH had his paint desaster, and rubbed the paper through on the back.

Thanks for the warning about the challenging porch! The next one is destined to be a Fairie house.

I just glued the porch roof on. There are two other wide tabs that fit up into the house and after I got done decorating and painting I just stuck it on. I would paint or whatever before you put that roof on because afterwards there is no space to get up under there. I "fudged" a few things on this house. Story of my life!

I gave up on the couch. I had used it in my CD Christmas House but for this one I made my own. I did use the chair for the living room even though the scale is a little off here and there. Oh well. I don't know what I will make the 2 room into yet. Still trying to hatch some ideas. :congrats:

Meet 3 very happy pigs on their newly upholstered couch, by yours truly! This was my first upholstery job, and I'm quite please with the results!! Not bad for not having a blooming clue, and an old peice of nylon backed fake velvet, and dull scissors, if I do say so myself!! Does it look as good to you, as it does me?

Nice job on the couch! I couldn't picture how to cover it but you made it look professional!

I made pillows and cover for my bed yesterday but still not sure what the bathroom will become. If I thought I could do something about the bathtub I would make it a bathroom but as you can see I am in a snit about that tub.lol

Roxanne, glue the bejeezis out of the tub, trim off any protruding taba and sand the edges down; prime it with flat white paint or white gesso and then coat it with progressive coats of spackle, letting them dry thoroughly and sanding them smooth until it looks more rounded and paint it hig-gloss white. I made a fridge for one of my dhs using a similar technique.

Your couch looks great with the little piggies on it. They look very cumfy. Nice job.

Did anyone put lighting into their houses?

I made two hanging lights, one for the bottom and one for the top floor, they look pretty good.

Everyones house looks so neat, almost made me want to go out and buy the other one (the one that looks simialar to the Arthur). But this one seems to be taking a long enough time to do. I see everyone else just whipping through building, decorating, stones, flowers in such a short amount of time I feel that I am falling behind.

But they sure are cute and I did do some experimenting with the stairs, rather than having them come right out the back of the house I cut from the second riser and put in a larger piece from scrap and then added the last step so the stairs go into the room. They didn't look right just heading out the back of the house. And if there was a wall there the little people would smack right into it.

The only things I didn't do was put any window panes in the windows. There's lots of room if I decide later to put them in but right now it looks kinda different.

Have a great day,

Dar

But this one seems to be taking a long enough time to do...I feel that I am falling behind.
Darlene, honey, you aren't in a race. Some people have a knack for working quickly and others, like me (and, possibly, youu) are just naturally slow workers.

Thanks gang! I just got lucky with the couch. It's true, a house takes as long to finish as the amount of time you have to spend on it. I have very little, so I do not feel bad if it takes me longer, and you shouldn't either. It's meant to be fun. Roxxxie, if you scroll back in the the posts, I did solve our bathtub issue. I thought it looked silly too. I posted a pic in here, of the unpainted version. I carved the tabs off, made the top smaller in the same way, and sanded the beejeepers out of it, and rounded the corners. Then I painted it with testors enamel to make it a shiny white.

Darlene its taking me a long time to do this puzzle house but whats the hurry? I am doing the one that has the front porch and I left the stairs out completely. They were too big for the house and took up my space for my baby grand piano! I also eliminated the bathroom upstairs so you will have to imagine one you can't see off the kitchen and upstairs bedrooms.

Next time I put the bathroom in Suz I will try it that way. I have two more that are the 2 room ones and I am thinking of getting one more of the 4 rooms and doing something different with it. I have such a small house of my own that these tiny ones really fit in. I have to find some way up putting them on display. I have about 300 teddy bears around here, Cats Meow houses all over the place and at Christmas all my Dept 56 houses all in a house less than 1000 Sq ft! :yes: I love my stuff! Sorry to go on......

I don't have kids and I work at home. I still have hardly gotten started on mine. I am doing the veranda one. I punched out all the pieces, bought new windows for it. I dry fit it. The little star pieces for the roof and wall are not a problem. I am leaving one side window upstairs intact as I am going to add a chimney.

So don't feel you are behind.

I bought a big bag of assorted beads and another of buttons. So far I have found a lot of uses for them. I even found a bead that is a cat and just about the right to be my cat Goofy! There were dogs, teddy bears and fish in the assortment also. I used buttons for stove burners because the burners with the furniture were way too big.

Kool huh?

I could not for the life of me get those pieces for the roof to work!