My white orchid...is broke

Color Me Holly

Thanks for all the replies. I did get it back together and start painting the trim. I couldn't get some of it flush again and I didn't want to use acetone on the plastic to remove the superglue. I am sure there is a way to cover it up. There is a picture of the crack. The one above the door is worse but I couldn't get a clear picture of it.

post-19-1239237771_thumb.jpg

post-19-1239237762_thumb.jpg

post-19-1239237751_thumb.jpg

How did you apply the soopie glue? It looks like a bead. That's not how you're supposed to use it. Should be 1 tiny drop every inch or so. I'm not sure what the last pic is. But if you simply can't get the bits back together it's just cause all that excess glue is preventing the parts from going back together. I hate CA, unless it's absolutely essential. Don't wanna use acetone (don't know why, it'll work a treat), then sandpaper. Get the parts to fit again. If you've already re-glued with CA (there should be an R and P in there too) tap it with a popsickle stick, it'll come apart again, and use the right stuff.

Holly, in looking at the pictures seems you've done a good job of putting it back together. The part under the eave will only be noticeable to you cause you know it is there.

You do need a snugger fit, can you try very carefully with a knife trimming the glue off?

What was your original plan for the roof--to leave it or cover it with something?

How did you apply the soopie glue? It looks like a bead. That's not how you're supposed to use it. Should be 1 tiny drop every inch or so.

I know. I bought a Gorilla brand super glue bottle and it came out a little faster than I had planned. I switched to super glue gel, much easier to control.

Anyway, I solved the problem with the roof. Aluminum Foil Tape. The roll of tape is going to last forever. LOL The package said it was sandable and paintable. I think if I lightly spray paint it it will retain some of the shine. Sorry the one picture isn't all that great.

post-19-1239897221_thumb.jpg

post-19-1239897199_thumb.jpg