Greenleaf "Taft General Store"

Maslan

I have a Taft General Store by Greenleaf purchased in 1983 and completed as a general store. I am now looking for, have been looking for about 10 years, another one to make into a western saloon. Anyone know where one would even start to look??

Thanks

Nancy

Nancy: Some others may be able to give you more ideas, but my first thought is Ebay. I know a lot of other dollhouses that are no longer manufactured show up there.

Nancy: Some others may be able to give you more ideas, but my first thought is Ebay. I know a lot of other dollhouses that are no longer manufactured show up there.

Thanks Peggi

Believe me I have looked and looked. Ebay has everything but not a Taft General Store.

Thanks Again for trying

Nancy

Nancy, I frequent ebay ALOT!! :) I have never seen one, but if I do, I'll PM you! margarita

Thanks Margarita

If you see one let me know. I'm on ebay daily also, but I don't see everything, I try, but....

Hopefully I will beable to get a Taft again someday.

I have seen it on ebay but not often. I guess it is one of those right time right place things. They are not cheap either.

Since the 80's were so long ago for a lot of people, I think even the name of Taft General Store is odd, but I look on ebay everyday and I must have missed it. I will keep trying if you see one let me know, I would appreciate it.

Thanks

I think that Ebay now has a place where you can list items that you are looking for. Perhaps list it there. Also, be sure to subscribe to a Taft General Store search so that Ebay can alert you if someone puts one up for sale. You might also post in the various miniature communities that you are looking for this particular store. Miniaturists know a lot about little stuff.

-Susanne

Nancy -- Yard sales are another possibility, as people will keep an unopened kit under the bed for decades.

If you can find a local hobby store that was open in 1983, ask them to check their back room to see if there are any old kits way back on the shelves. I got my American Craft Products "Golden Gate" because a nearby mini store happened to clean out their back room while I was there -- that thing's impossible to find, but they just set one out to get it sold.

A few toy/dollhouse stores specialize in older stuff from estate sales. The one I'm most familiar with is Auntie Em's in Glendale, Arizona -- and I know they do mail order, as I was there when the guy who runs the antique toy side (Smilin' Jack's) was putting together his shipments for the day.

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks Margarita

If you see one let me know. I'm on ebay daily also, but I don't see everything, I try, but....

Thanks

I still haven't seen one, but i'll keep an eye out! good luck!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Greenleaf used to make the Brimbles Mercantile I have a picture of it in one of my albums :lol:

Here is a picture of itgallery_4_53_5108.jpg

You are welcome Melissa!

:D

Wow I'd love one of those houses. Do you have any idea where I could get one?

I was bidding on a Taft general store a few weeks back but it went for something like $150 and then there's shipping etc so I didn't get it.

I wish Greenleaf would bring back the store kits, they'd be such fun to do, there are two really old stores in Lumpkin, GA, I'd like to try in mini, and Brimble's would make a great old-fashioned hardware store, complete with elevator.

Sigh... I'm having one of those days when EVERY Greenleaf kit ever made is devastatingly cute and bristling with a dozen creative ideas...

This is an infallible sign that:

• I have a half-completed project on the dining table.
  • I have an academic paper to write.
  • My kitchen floor would frighten passers-by.

I know what you mean Wende! Y'all see the Vineyard Cottage??? I so LOVE this house!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=9533315930

the house retailed for $89 back in the day but as low as $69 when it was first release. I don't know why there was ever a price different but the price sheets I got on it have these 2 prices quoted.

:)

I was so tempted.

:p