I need help......

Bree1978

My plan was to print out my SIL's tiles and make copyable in paint- Corwin's suggestion. Then to take some posterboard (yes, my house is more posterboard at this point than wood :)) use a bone folder to make the grout lines and later come back paste my paper over, dipping into the grout lines. Finally using some glass stuff I have that is the perfect gray color to fill in the lines. It is very hard to copy and paste pics that are not straight, ie meaning the pic looks bowed. I took several....but I can't get it to gel in the regular paint program. I've attached pics to show what I am talking about. I could just make my own tiles...but they are staggered as you can see in the pics. So I can't do it in the draw programs I have, or I just plain don't know how the heck to do it. I'm running in circles on how to make this work...argh. I could move on...but I can't the clock is ticking, I only have a month to finish this!

I've also fond that my soldering pen is worth NOTHING! So I have to make a run to the local home improvement store to buy another! Mine doesn't get hot enough and it's globby to say the least....any good suggestions for one under 20? That was relevant to me because I'm at a standstill till both of these problems get resolved......

On a happy note, I took a paint chip into Michael's and I found a textured scrapbook paper that matches her color PERFECTLY...! I'm extremely pleased about that...!

Thanks everyone, you guys are so smart and crafty, I know you'll think of something I've missed.

And Yes, those are my toes in one of the pics. I did try to get a straight on shot without standing on anything.

post-3711-1233633064_thumb.jpgpost-3711-1233632908_thumb.jpg

post-3711-1233633086_thumb.jpgpost-3711-1233633446_thumb.jpg

The color does not look gray here on the board, but it is a type of gray...and oddly enough it looks great with the DEEP dark brown. When I work with it in paint, again it looks gray.

The last pic is fuzzy. That is how all the pics turned out with no flash. I wanted to get the more accurate color without flash.

S

Corwin's tiles look very good to me, when I click on them. Does A printie of them that solve your problem? Perhaps P.M. him and ask how he did it. I'm not very good at doing stuff in paint. Sorry bout the solder gun. Hope it all works out for you.

Bree I will try working with the other photo, the coloring is a tad different.

They are all different...BIG sigh. Hard to get the right color...! But thank you..... :)

I had no trouble with making wallpaper (well okay it took me abit to get the hang of it), but this seems to be out of my league.

I guess I am not a great photographer!

I will print out these two tomorrow and see if it comes out brown tiled or gray.

S

With the top moulding to give it some depth, how about a chair rail made to look like tile?

You read my mind, I bought a bit of trim that is quite plain and plan to score it/and paint or roll the paper over it. If that makes sense. I couldn't find the exact trim I wanted at the store, so I bought plain. :)

Thinking along the same lines as the cutting 1 tile idea. If you have to go to the hardware store anyway, how about taking a look to see,if by chance they don't have a self stick tile( RL one) of the same color, and cut that into 1 inch pieces with the exacto knife and metal ruler?

If you need another idea. I took sheet of white paper and lightly brushed gray over it leaving places with more and less paint. I then cut the paper into 1 inch squares and glued them down laeavign room for the grout to show. I had painted the structure the color of the grout I wanted before I glued the pieces down. I have apic in my castle gallery I believe. It was very easy to do and came out very well. I may be a way to get close to the colors you want.

When doing the printies watch the reflection off the tiles. Remember light would only be comming from one direction.

My thoughts are along the lines of what Melanie suggested. To get the tile effect, I believe I'd use a piece of gray scrapbook paper or cardstock painted gray for the base (grout). I'd take another piece of paper close to the main color of the tiles and gently sponge the lesser colors over it to get the tile effect. When dry, I'd cut it into 1" tiles and glue them down on the grout sheet. When the glue is dry, I'd cover the whole thing with a waterbase clearcoat in a matte finish. It will give real depth to the grout lines and offer the variety of tile patterns that you are concerned about.

However you do the job, this bathroom is going to be something special! :p

I was also thinking it would be easier to make your own tiles - or ... you could print out Corwin's tiles and paint on them to remove the lighter "flash" spots, and correct the colouring while you do it.

Yeah, the printouts were BLUE!!! lol. I do like the ideas you guys gave me. I'm thinking the one with the stick on RL tile was the one I will try next. That is if I find something similar. Or I will look at the scrapbook paper if that doesn't work out.

Thank you for the great ideas!

And thank you Corwin for trying to make a printie for me. Now what will I do with the bone folder I bought, hmmmmmmm.

S