House For Sale on Ebay - $8,000.00

Guest Valerie

Eight thou--

yikes

I'll be interested to see if it sells, as fully furnished and accessorized dollhouses have a reputation for not doing as well on eBay as houses that are beautifully assembled (with siding and wallpaper or whatever) but empty.

They also have a limited market as they are only allowing pick ups, no shipping. It should be interesting to see if it sells.

They least they could have done is straighten out the carpet in the second floor hallway and have it lay flat for the pictures..... But may be I am too particular.

I agree, Josi. It looks rather shoddy like that. Also, the fourth picture from the end, take a look at the terrible wallpapering job. For such a beautiful home, you would think the person who decorated would have taken the time to do a nicer job.

for that price i would want the house to be completed in a nicer fashion, better attention to detail and nicer interior work.....and ALL Bespaq (or other high quality) furniture. I just don't think they can get that price for the quality of the work or furniture. :) Margarita

Well at first it says the house plus 15K of furniture, then it says the total cost of the house plus furniture is 15K. I find that hard to believe. Don't want to sound too critical, but it's rough. That carpet is hilarious, looks like they used a towel. And even though Marg's using Bespaq for the most part I'd be very surprised ifthe Grosvenor tops out anywhere near 15K.

Well... I kinda doubt it will sell.. I mean I know I'm cheap but there are so many things about this house that don't impress me. The doily used for a patio rug.. the carpet that is all wrinkled - that doesn't make the house look well cared for. And the bland bland color it's painted.. Beige. Lots of pink inside and the rooms are very small. Some of the furniture really does look nice the natural wicker and rattan table are nice but I think they're going to be very disappointed in it not selling.

There is also damage to the lattice around the bottom of the house in several pictures. The porch rail going up the stairs on the right is crooked and there's a big glob of glue on the porch stairs. It also appears that many rows of the shingles were put in.. in rows instead of staggered. And.. this is just my opinion but I would never Never want in a full sized house.. and not even in a miniature one.. with a toilet sitting in front of a window.. what would the neighbors think!? They sure would get a good view of the doll's hiney! (last photo on the page)

-David

Someone is either a bit full of themselves...or perhaps its a psychological thing, as a realtor I know sometimes people have a tendency to want to overprice their homes if they dont really want to sell it. Maybe there is a sentimental value here(cherished Grandpa made it) and its wrongfully being passed along to the potential buyer.

Location, location,location....it is in Conneticut afterall....lol. The Dollhouse market in Conneticut is experiencing a bubble effect right now, due to many dolls in the area going to work for very high paying jobs in the tech industry. Its definetly a sellers market! Will you make a home purchase in this market only to wake up one day and realize the bubble has popped, youve payed thousands of dollars more than your home is actually worth, and all of the computer jobs have closed up shop and moved to India? lol..

You'll wish you settled for that cozy little country cottage that you knew you could afford and spend years collecting the furniture yourself, building memories for a lifetime...

Yup, Karin has nailed it! :)

Part of the base price may be that the house seems to be an RGT Greenacres with a conservatory extension, another extension (which may be kitbashed, or it's one where I can't find a photo), and extra dormers, so the base price just to get the house together is around $700. (I'm not sure why it looks like the reverse of a Greenacres, but it's such a perfect match that it has to be that house.)

Glad I'm not the only person who isn't impressed with the furniture... I was biting my tongue in case I just didn't recognize Bespaq.

Well I have just returned to this site after a long absence and I couldn't believe how posh it all is after the upgrade.... and the house for 7 K...... really takes my breath away.. I had a good look at it but to be perfectly honest the furniture etc seems just like the stuff we all use... and its a lovely house but I'm sure most dedicated dolls house folks could produce something just as good. I dont really know who buys completely finished and furnished houses.. surely the whole point in having a dollshouse is to do the furnishing yourself.

I will bookmark this site so I can see how it goes.

My best wishes to you all and sorry for being sooo neglectful

I agree that this house is over-priced. Before I take photos of my house (just to share with others) I always try and straighten things that might be crooked. I wasn't very impressed with the carpets. They really looked shoddy.

David, :) I, too, wasn't impressed with the toilet in front of the mirror. I also wondered how the dollhouse people would get into the tub with the towels hanging right over the tub.

A lot of the crown moulding wasn't installed very well either. And a floor lamp was leaning on the wall in one of the photos. It would just seem to me that if you're going to put a dollhouse on ebay to sell, you would really make sure that it photographed well. Presentation is so important. Heavens, I even straighten up my councillor's tie and collar before I send him out for an interview when the reporter brings along a cameraman!

I didn't identify very many expensive pieces of furniture. Not even any toys for the children to play with.

I've also put this item in my "watch items" just to see if they get any offers.

Susanne