hello from the Black Forest in Germany

heike

Howdy - I am Heike, living in the Black Forest in the South of Germany and have a little internet shop with dollshouses and equipment - and guess what I offer ? Corona and Greenleaf of course ! At the moment I try to build a Lily - try means, I try it for about 2 years, but I have a very patient customer waiting for it ;)

Now I found some people here in the forum presenting all their pictures how to do what - THANKS SO MUCH. I finally can continue ... the English instruction is sometimes a little hard to understand, I dont have a chance to communicate in English too often and my High School Senior Year in Texas as an foreign exchange student is half of my life away already :) - so I better go back checking on pictures how to get the porch done. Best wishes from the other side of the Atlantic ! - Heike

Hello Heike,

Wow the black forest! What a Beautiful place! I've never been there but my sister hiked many places in Germany about 20 years ago and brought back beautiful photographs of your wonderful Country. It's so nice to meet miniature folks from all over the world ;) I'm so glad you found this forum :)

Welcome!!

-David

Hi - thanks for your welcome. Here are my websites:

www.schwarzwaelder-puppenstube.de - that´s our shop and

www.glenowen.de - that´s still under construction, but you can find some pictures about our area when you go to the button "wir über uns".

Heike

http://community.webshots.com/myphotos

Heike: Welcome to the forum. The link takes you to my webshots page where I have more construction photos, and here is the link for my blog located here http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/i...logid=14&cat=48. The Lily is a very pretty house but it can have challenging parts, I can't imagine having to interpret them in a different language.

Be sure and check out Deb, Linda, and Nutti's blog under the Lily Team Building Blog.

Take pictures as you go, we would love to see how yours turns out.

Hallo Heike! Herzlich Willkommen im Greenleaf Forum! Schön, dass sich noch jemand deutschsprachiger hierher verirrt hat! B) Jetzt sind wir schon zu dritt! ;) Ich komme aus Wien, Österreich! Werd mir gleich mal deine Homepages anschauen! :D Liebe Grüße!!!

Ooops .... sorry Havanaholly! ;) Here's the translation for all non-German-speakers :p :

Hello Heike! Welcome to the Greenleaf forum! Great that another German speaker joined us! Now there are already three of us! I'm from Vienna, Austria! Now I'm going to visit your internet sites! Greetings!

:)

You are welcome! =)

But what does

Zie dank Ich.
mean? ;)

Ahh, shall it mean "Thank you!" on German? Now I will teach you to say it right! :)

"Ich danke dir!" - or - If you use the polite form of address to sb. "Ich danke Ihnen!"

Heike, your mini shop site is great!!! I really enjoyed to watch the pictures in your costumer gallery!!! Are there any pictures of your dollhouses too? ;)

Ich danke Ihnen, and that's what I meant; the other comes from a US commercial in which the incorrect phrase was a "Pennsylvania Dutch" (Deutsch) quote. Now you see why we NEED an occasional translation! (You don't have to translate everything all the time, I just enjoy languages & seeing how they compare.)

Welcome to the forum Heike! I'm part German on my mother's side, but sadly I don't speak the language!

How did you find Texas? My sister and her family live there and they love it there (we're all originally from Canada).

Glad you found us!! ;)

Havanaholly, you can call "du"! ;) Otherwise I'm feeling old! ;) :)

"Gern geschehen!" = "You are welcome!" =)

I think I even know this commercial!!! Have it seen on a TV show about international commercials. :-)

Howdy - I am Heike, living in the Black Forest in the South of Germany and have a little internet shop with dollshouses and equipment - and guess what I offer ? Corona and Greenleaf of course ! At the moment I try to build a Lily - try means, I try it for about 2 years, but I have a very patient customer waiting for it :)

Welcome to the forum Heike! It's really nice to have you join us!

The Lily is a sweet house to build, but it has it's challenges. I'm sure yours is coming along wonderfully and if it takes a little time, that must means it's worth waiting for. As Peggi said, the building team is working on the Lily now so the blogs have lots of helpful tips and pictures. Peggi's webshot pictures were my guide when I built mine. I have more pics of the Lily in construction in my webshots too. Being able to see the pictures of one in progress are really helpful with building that particular house. What stage of the building are you at with your Lily?

I took a look at your website and your houses are just wonderful!! (I actually know the german word for "wonderful" but I can't spell it ;) ) Thanks for sharing the pictures. I'm going to go back and look some more now!

Deb

Heike -

Auf deutsch. Willkommen. :)

Glad you've joined our site. We love lots and lots of pictures. I'm going to check out your site.

My brother was with the Canadian Armed Forces and spent four years in Germany. I believe the base was near Lahr and I know it was near the Black Forest. He said it was beautiful over there. His 3 daughters learned some German, but I'm not sure if they have retained very much.

Susanne

Dear Peggi,

I already found your side - and thanks to this great support I started with the challenge "Lily" again :-))) Guess, without your pictures I would have thrown it away sooner or later, but now it is fun. I completed the porch back part theses days, only the front step is missing. And than I want to put Magic Stone on it that it looks like a real outside balcony -what do you think about that idea ?

best regards - Heike

Hallo Mela,

super, daß Du das Forum auch kennst. Ich war schon im "alten" drin, aber das wurde vor einigen Monaten umgemodelt, jetzt mußte ich mich neu anmelden. Inventar kommt bald, spätestens Montag - hab heute nämlich eine große Kiste von EM erhalten, da ist auch was für Dich drinne :-)) - Grüsse nach Berlin

LG Heike

Hello Anne,

I would like to share a picture ... but I sold my house last week and didnt take any before, sorry. I had my Dollhouse (it was one from Great Britain) for about two years. Then a man called last week, he needed a complet dollshouse with everything in it within 24 hrs for his wifes birthday ... he even sent a driver for 500 miles to come and pick it up. And I thougth - good opportunity :-) - so I have finally space enough to build myself a new one. I am still dreaming of Beacon Hill or Garfield or Annabell (Pierce), but my favorite from the outside is Magnolia. Only the inside doesnt offer to much space for furnitures, etc. - we will see, whenever I survive this Lily :) - Heike

Hi Teresa,

Texas was unique. I went to High School down in the Rio Grande Valley, about 10 minutes away of Mexico. It is a mixed culture down there and I had to learn Spanish a little, only with English you cant get through. I guess I returned back for about 8 times already, my former hostmother is like my real mother to me. My Texan Dad already died in 1994. Last year I took my little girl and my husband to meet Texan Grandma, but it was not a good trip. The 2-yrs-girl catched a virus and we spent all of our days being at the hospital in Harlingen, fighting a meningitis. It was the first time I was happy to go back to Germany ... a my baby still suffers from the left-overs of that illness, bad memories for her. Now I probably have to wait some years until we can go over the Atlantic and just pray that my Mum will still be there, because she is of high age and very sick.

Best Regards - Heike

I already found your side - and thanks to this great support I started with the challenge "Lily" again :-))) Guess, without your pictures I would have thrown it away sooner or later, but now it is fun. I completed the porch back part theses days, only the front step is missing. And than I want to put Magic Stone on it that it looks like a real outside balcony -what do you think about that idea ?

best regards - Heike

Heike: I'm so glad that my pictures were of help, and it helped you decide to keep the Lily. I think the Magic Stone will look good, I considered it but the color I have on hand didn't match the color scheme I ended up doing. I love the wrap around porch on this house, and was pleasantly surprised that it was not so difficult. If you have any questions, please feel free to pm me here on the board and I will try to answer any questions, if I can't at least maybe I can direct you in the direction to get help. (Deb: you are on stand by right?)

What colors are using for the interior/exterior? Are you putting lights in it?

Enjoy the fun of building this one.

I will try to answer any questions, if I can't at least maybe I can direct you in the direction to get help. (Deb: you are on stand by right?)

Yep, sure am. And Linda, Tracy and Nutti will be back from Chicago soon and they're all building Lily's too. There's lot of support for you here! :)

Deb

Welcome Heike! I'm back from Chicago, and yes hubby and I are building the Lily too. Mine is a bit farther along than is blogged, but I have to wait for hubby to blog the roof with me, since he put it on and not me.

Although I took german in high school, and actually won awards in it, the only words I can remember are bad words ... ooops. Or mushy words.

Ich liebe dich

Mein liebling

Stuff like that

@ Linda - that´s very funny ... all Americans remembering German words only know stuff like this :-))) Was there an exhibition in Chicago ? Do you have a link to have a look at it ?

@Peggi: the Lily will be yellow, the rest in a bright and dark grey. I ordered this Shingle dye in grey and hope it will match with the color later on. Saturday I glued the rest of the siding on and now I have to wait for the next free hours to continue with the painting and windows and adding the porch roof. The house will be electricified with cir kit system - but it´s my first time to use it. Hope, it works the way they describe it. I will do some changings on the house - no stairs, a big kitchen and no hallway and I think about a build-in-chimney in the second-floor-room - we will see :-))

LG - Heike

Heike: Your color scheme sounds pretty. I like the plans you have for your house. I electrified my Lily too and believe it or not I had lights the first time. It helps if you have a tester to check as you go along. I have several pictures on how I run the tape in my blog and webshots. You need to take pictures to so that later you will know where your tape is under your wallpaper to plug in the lights.

A big kitchen, that is one of the reason mine got put on the 2nd floor so I have a little more room.

Sounds like you're making good progress.

I ordered this Shingle dye in grey and hope it will match with the color later on.

Heike, a suggestion if your dye doesn't quite match, if you're using latex-based (water-soluble)(emulsion) paint you can dilute it down with water and use it as a "wash" over your finished roof to get the shingles to match more closely.

Welcome to The Forum Heike!! I just opened my Lily today and I am reading my instruction and I am planning to attack starting tomorrow. I am also working on the coventry cottage and plan on updating that blog tonight.

Welcome to the community!!