My first dollhouse (as a hobbyist! ;) )

lauker

Well, it's not complete, yet (but when are we ever truly done with our mini projects?), but I've been making some serious progress on my little herb/fair trade/new age shop. I haven't named it yet, or have a shopkeeper for it (still looking...), but it's looking like somewhere I'd love to work.

I have most of my pics in Flickr, and as I am too lazy and time-limited today, I will post a link to that album. I will try to fill my album on the community more pics. :)

Pics:

gallery_3834_2662_213536.jpg

gallery_3834_2662_163320.jpg

Flickr album: http://www.flickr.com/photos/lindaauker/se...57612466235516/

I know I need to get some better pics of the outside, but there are still things I need to finish, like timbering, doorknobs, a sign, etc.

It's very much a combination of ideas. My boyfriend and I talk incessantly about wanting to own our own shop. We both make bath salts and the like for sale online so having a storefront is a bit of a dream. On top of that, my very very very favorite shop ever is in Charlestown, RI and is called Small Axe. It sells clothing, instruments, tapestries, furniture from all over the world. So it was a BIG inspiration to me. :)

I will be sure to post more as I finish it up. Still a few more things I want to make!

Look, Anna! Linda used the same fabric I sent you! Cute, Linda!

Oh yes she did in a great way as well, hmmm, now I hear a little voice from the fabric stash whispering "use me...." LOL

Great work and I am looking forward to many more pics!!!

HUGS