In like a Lion or a Lamb

heidiiiii

I said to dd yesterday that it came in like a lamb and she looked at me weird and i had to explain.

March 1st. If comes in like a lamb (nice day) it will go out like a lion (windy/stormy) and vice versa.

Now today, March 2, we are going to have a snowstorm!!! :blink: ;)

Here on the coastline, we are expected 6 inch. or more. I know it is technically winter still but to us gardeners, March equals cleaning gardening tools, warming up your rubber clogs and making plans. Not shoveling and rock salt!

So did you come in like a lamb or a lion?

Hello Heidi,

Our spring here(Gatlinburg Tennessee) came in like a lamb also. 75 degrees and sunny. Today still warm but it looks like rain. Smells so good outside just like spring but I know it could be a wolf in sheeps clothing. One year in the middle of April we had just done all new landscaping and wouln't you know 2 1/2 foot of snow. Thankfully it didn't hurt the plants.

Enjoy your snow :blink: Sorry I couldn't help it. I grew up in Michigan I know how you feel.

SuzyQ

Where on the coast are you Heidi?

Here in the Queen City of NC March came in like a lamb. We topped out at 82 degrees with some clouds but plenty of Carolina blue skies, and a gentle warm breeze. Today is supposed to be warmer.

My mom always told me to watch the dogwood trees. Once they begin blooming, you don't get another hard freeze.

Where on the coast are you Heidi?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I live in New London, CT. Not far from Mystic, Foxwoods, and Mohegan Sun. We live on the mouth of Long Island Sound.

Great in the summer, hideous in the winter.

We know what it means when a No`reaster is beginning to blow!

It is 11:30am now and the plows have already started. Kids will be home soon. I have bacon frying on the stove for lunch, the new Pride and Prejudice dvd ready to watch, and a dh staring at me. What to do? What to do?

Well, here in the Queen City for the second day of March we have had a few clouds, lots of Carolina blue sky, a light wind, and we topped out at 79 degrees.

Tomorrow's high is projected to be 60, Saturday down to 58, Sunday to 56. Monday to 54 and rain, so they say. But, we do have snowball forecasters around this town.

We didn't get no snow this year. Just a couple flurries here and there, which melted when they hit the ground ...

Another tough question! Here on the coast it was sort of like a really noisy cranky lamb.. or an awefully quiet lion. Sunnymorning - very strong wind - increasing clouds... a couple drops of rain.. very much a let down after the wind which ususally signals a storm blowing in - today.. same thing almost sunny morning, no wind but lots of cloud cover real quick.. couple drops of rain. hmmm.

-David

In the Prairies (Canada), we had our first really big snowstorm yesterday. Dudley decided today was a good day to stay inside, and give a bonus to the Gas Company. I've included a picture of Dudley, and his sidekick Trinity sunning themselves through the screen door while it's -15 outside.

It came in like a lion here in Pittsburgh, cold, 30's rain turning to sleet, now snow, snow again tomorrow. But the tulips are 3" high. Another night of keeping the fireplace going. We have been chopping and splitting extra firewood for the past 3 days.

Linda, Caesar says "No fair" to the weather you are having. He's been cold since Oct.

Very lamblike in the FL panhandle, yesterday we ran errands in the high 70s, today we rode the bike in low 80s, rode down to the coast through the St Mark's Refuge to the lighthouse, saw a big gator and another about half the size out sunning themselves on a sandbar. The tide came in after we reached the coast, so they were gone as we peddled back.

Linda, Caesar says "No fair" to the weather you are having. He's been cold since Oct.

Sorry Caesar! We've actually had a fairly mild winter here. I was concerned about it because we had an ugly ugly ugly UGLY summer. Last winter was VERY cold, for us at least, but this winter I'm not sure we even dipped into the teens. Got close to it, or maybe 19 degrees, but I don't remember it.

Well the snow is over. The ploughs didnt do a very good job. Chelsea opened her bedroom door and I said, "I declare there is no school today!" She blinked and closed the door.

They didnt cancel or give a delay. I have a sneaking suspicion that it has to do with the Connecticut Mastery Tests they started taking this week. Going to be in 40s this weekend and next week, weird weather! But that is New England for you.

I have a sneaking suspicion that it has to do with the Connecticut Mastery Tests they started taking this week.

Here in FL thay call them the FCAT and they're going on for all grades through 10 March. One of the children I mentor is in HOSTS program because he failed part of the FCAT last year and was retained in 3rd grade!

my dd Natalie has been in summer school every year since the 1st grade :D

She had a threat of being retained once but since she buckles down and tries her best she is doing well.

She goes to Map (math help), SIP (science help) and she has an extra math and science class.

To make sure we had a meeting at school to see if she needed to be in special education but they said no :angry:

I have seen with alot of students that the teachers are kinda forced to teach them for the tests. Then the kids dont get the help they need in other areas because of it. Alot of teachers dont like it.

NCLB! humpfh!

(disclaimer: not bashing Bush. Not a political agenda. just stating state of education climate :( )