Hi from Florida

Liggysasha

Welcome Sasha!

I hope all our forum members in Florida are okay. We're getting alot of wind and rain here today in Phenix City, Alabama from Fay. Sasha, it doen't matter which house you start with. because once you build one you have top build them all! :dunce:

Paula, I hope Fay doesn't pick up any strength, but brings y'all & N GA much-needed rain. We lost one lineman who was clearing away a fallen tree, stepped on a live wire & was instantly electrocuted, but otherwise no storm fatalities in our county. We were without power for two full days; my cousin who lives in Edgewater on the E coast, was without power for 2 1/2 days. At least folks in our neighborhood have generators, so we didn't lose any perishable food and were able to check on the weather from time to time.

Sash, I hope you didn't have any storm damage.

We weren't hit very badly. We were predicted to get a direct hit, so we put up our shutters, prepared our generator etc. I was a bit worried as it was our first storm with children (we were here for Charley, Frances, etc. in 2005), but they handled everything really well. In the end the storm didn't hit us, it hit about 40 miles south of us in Everglade City. So we didn't get any damage - our power didn't even go out! Oh well, it was a good practice run to check our supplies etc.

Sorry that you lost power for so long Holly, that's really tough. I hadn't heard about the lineman dying either. That is so very sad. I remember after Charley hit us a lot of people were killed and it just seemed to hit the county so badly.

:) Hi Sasha,

I think we already met on one forum, didn't know you were new.

I'm a dyed in the wool anglophile.

Batten down the hatches, I hear you have another storm headed your way soon. We'll cross our fingers for you!

What have you built? And remind us of your other mini interests.

Lynette

• 4 weeks later...