I made a list of what I think my houses would cost in real life...

Guest Nathaniel

Guest Nathaniel

This is what I think my houses would be worth in real life....These are the types of things I do when I am bored... LOL Has anyone else considered what they think there dollhouses would go for in real life???

2 street of shops kits = $50,000.00 each ($100,000 total) Btw, in the interest of conserving space, I think I will be building these kits one on top of the other, instead of side by side... has anyone done this???

Spring Fling Green Ranch house (4 rooms plus garage) = $200,000.00

Newberg Painted Lady Victorian (6 rooms) = $350,000.00

Tennyson Victorian (7 rooms) = $400,000.00

Blue Colonial (7 rooms)= $400,000.00

9 room Unfinished Colonial = $550,000.00

Worthington Southern Colonial Mansion (10+ rooms)= $700,000.000

American Victorian Mansion by Batrie (12+ rooms)- "Brilla Villa" = $1,000,000.00

Piercefield Seaside Victorian Mansion (Garfield and Pierce bash) (22+ rooms) = $2,000,000.00

total houses including shops = 10

total rooms to fill between all houses = 80+

Total value of all houses and buildings = $5,700,000.00

I thought this was interesting... has anyone else done anything similar??? Or am I the only crazy one on here? LoL

-Nathaniel :dunno:

If the houses were real, I'd be a billionaire. If I had all the money I spent on minis over the years in my hand at once, I'd be rich!! I try not to think about it, it could kill the fun! LOL I say, love them don't tally 'em up!

Actually I like doing this.

I figured that if my Beacon hill was a real house in a nice area could be about £2 million including the wonky wall in the bedroom. I could be wrong but I know I would love to live in house like that.

I have had friends coment that it would be nice if their house was as nice as mine - their 'real' home, vs. my dollhouse. I would guess maybe around $200,000 for my Woodstock. Maybe $100,000 for my daughters Princess Anne

so much depends on the area, if any of Nathaniel's houses were here on Long Island the smallest one would probably be $750,000.

The other really large houses would be 2 or 3 million fully restored & depending on the size of the property.

The Beacon Hill I'm doing for Charity would be around a million on the north shore of Long Island, two million in the hamptons. The willowcrest would probably be a little less and there are beautiful tudors similar to my harrison in an area of Long Island called Garden City that sell for over a million.

In mini real estate location isn't quite as important as in real life.

I don't think you are weird for figuring it out Nathaniel, plenty of people spend tons of time playing the SIMS or Second Life & they add up their virtual finances. I don't see why its weird for us to add up our minis.

Guest Nathaniel

This would be in my area - Southeastern Massachusetts. Ya, in different areas of the country, these prices would SKY ROCKET!!! For example. A small ranch house on the beach, can be a million plus in high-desired beach areas!

Guest Nathaniel
If the houses were real, I'd be a billionaire. If I had all the money I spent on minis over the years in my hand at once, I'd be rich!! I try not to think about it, it could kill the fun! LOL I say, love them don't tally 'em up!

If I had all of the money I spent over the years on minis, I would just spend it all on minis!!! LOL :dunno:

Actually I like doing this.

I figured that if my Beacon hill was a real house in a nice area could be about £2 million including the wonky wall in the bedroom. I could be wrong but I know I would love to live in house like that.

Oh ya, I can see a house like that selling for 2 million plus over here in a nice area too....

I have had friends coment that it would be nice if their house was as nice as mine - their 'real' home, vs. my dollhouse. I would guess maybe around $200,000 for my Woodstock. Maybe $100,000 for my daughters Princess Anne

Those are good prices~!

so much depends on the area, if any of Nathaniel's houses were here on Long Island the smallest one would probably be $750,000.

The other really large houses would be 2 or 3 million fully restored & depending on the size of the property.

The Beacon Hill I'm doing for Charity would be around a million on the north shore of Long Island, two million in the hamptons. The willowcrest would probably be a little less and there are beautiful tudors similar to my harrison in an area of Long Island called Garden City that sell for over a million.

In mini real estate location isn't quite as important as in real life.

I don't think you are weird for figuring it out Nathaniel, plenty of people spend tons of time playing the SIMS or Second Life & they add up their virtual finances. I don't see why its weird for us to add up our minis.

This is very true! I dont really think I am weird for figuring this out either, I just wonder if other people do it as well. I did play SIMS alot in the past and ever since I was little I was always fascinated by houses and real estate and interior decorating, etc.

Wow is all I can say Fantastic work

Thanks! I calculated these firgures by considering the number of bedrooms and bathrooms, number of rooms over all, condition of the house, amount of windows, trim and fancy wood work, etc...

I think I started this a while ago actually while I was bored in class... Lol

:groupwave:

Guest Nathaniel

I wished I lived in an area where these types of house were actually affordable. I swear, they just dont build real houses like they used to, and if they do, they are SUPER UBER expensive. Im very happy with my real home, and I plan to add more builtins to it and crown molding and wainscotting and nice things like that, just to give it all that much more character...

I havent ever thought of what the houses would cost in real life but I have thought about what it would be like to build one in real life from the model. Just the other day I was thinking of how it would be to have the Beacon Hill made into a real house with everything brand new but the same exact style of house. It would cost a fortune, probably.

Guest Nathaniel
I havent ever thought of what the houses would cost in real life but I have thought about what it would be like to build one in real life from the model. Just the other day I was thinking of how it would be to have the Beacon Hill made into a real house with everything brand new but the same exact style of house. It would cost a fortune, probably.

THis is true, that house would cost a fortune. To me, that is one of the things that is great about working on beautiful dollhouses, is you get to pretend that you live in a gorgeous mansion of a house, without having to pay the tax bill on it!! LOL

:)

-Nathaniel

My grandmother lives in a house that is like having a beacon hill and a willowcrest bashed together in Raleigh, NC and I had a friend of mine who is a real estate agent look it up to see how much it is appraised for...$400,000 plus. I'm sure some of that is the at least 1 1/2 acres in pretty much downtown Raleigh. Will never be commercial area though...most of it is in the middle of a city block. A garden area, which is where my sister got married. Here's a link to it.

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/...home-and-garden

The angle is awkward because the ground level that the house is on is about 6 feet higher than the sidewalk.

My dream is to one day build a dollhouse replica of this house. Need to get more experience under my belt before I take on a build-from-scratch huge project like that one.

Terri

Guest Nathaniel
My grandmother lives in a house that is like having a beacon hill and a willowcrest bashed together in Raleigh, NC and I had a friend of mine who is a real estate agent look it up to see how much it is appraised for...$400,000 plus. I'm sure some of that is the at least 1 1/2 acres in pretty much downtown Raleigh. Will never be commercial area though...most of it is in the middle of a city block. A garden area, which is where my sister got married. Here's a link to it.

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/...home-and-garden

The angle is awkward because the ground level that the house is on is about 6 feet higher than the sidewalk.

My dream is to one day build a dollhouse replica of this house. Need to get more experience under my belt before I take on a build-from-scratch huge project like that one.

Terri

Wow! That is a beautiful house! There are a lot of Beautiful houses in your gallery. Looks like a really nice neighborhood too, and real estate sounds SUPER cheap there!!!

Nat, you don't get out much, do you? I suggest you pick up a few of the real estate listing magazines the multi-listing people put out for free distribution, touristy places like Cracker Barrel often have them in the lobby, to get a realistic price range. The Cambridge intoday's market would probably go for around US$700K+, unfurnished.

Wow is all I can say Fantastic work
Hi, Claudette, I hope you'll pop on over to the Newcomers' Forum and introduce yourself to everyone. We're awfully glad you're here & posting.