Has Anyone Else Done This?

I think I shall nominate myself for the klutz award. I was in a stall in the ladies room and you know those hooks down low for your purse? Well I didn't see it and bent over and bashed my head on it! :) After lauging at myself, noticed my head really hurt. That was two days ago and it still hurts--guess I just want some sympathy! LOL! Debra :D

I have hit myself in the head so many times, it's a wonder I can still function! The one that hurt the most was when I went to make sure the gate was closed tight. We have an old wood and wire fence and gate. The gate doesn't latch anymore, so we have it closed with bungee cords. As I was leaving for work one morning, I noticed one of the bungee cords was off, so I stopped to reattach it (to make sure furbaby didn't take an unplanned walk) without thinking about the other bungee cord still on there. As I put the other bungee cord on, the gate snapped back and hit me right between the eyes. I saw stars for a while, but still laughed at myself for my stupidity. It did hurt for a few days, though! :)

I hope your head feels better soon!

Yup, I have done it. You want to hear the ultimate owie?

I am at the local pool. I dive off the high dive (they no longer have them) and I am coming up to the surface on the side of the pool. I did not realize until it was too late that I was underneath one of those things that swim team members jump off of during a competition. Bang! I saw stars. I think my head hurt for a week. That happened when I was a teenager and I still remember it.

My cupboard doors are my nemisis.......about once a week I'll open one and forget it's open and about guillitine myself with it! Yikes....stars? Fireworks! Rockets! After a few days only the bruises remain......

What is wrong with us? Heads? Toes? Anybody else get huge bruises on their thighs?

I am almost always banging my butt on something and it is never a small whack..then i get a nice purple bruise as a badge.

It always happens during shorts season too...LOL

I once found myself in the ER for a purely medical problem and noticed the people with the stethoscopes around their necks eyeing me suspiciously. Took a lot of talking to convince them that I kept assorted large animals, drove a tractor, etc., and all those bruises were self-inflicted.

My Dh and cupboard doors. He refuses to close them and I refuse to notice that they are open and bang my head at least once a day. In a revolt at our old apartment I took all the cupboard doors off and said to everyone "they are now open all the time and I can't hit my head on them. My MIL made me put them back on because she said that it looked horrible. Now that I no longer live with her (yippee!!!) maybe I will take them off again.

Also my kids toys and our rocking chair. I hit all of them at least once a day. My husband gets a good laugh and I get bruises up and down my legs and my feet.

Maybe we're all whacking ourselves because we have mini projects on our minds! :unsure: I remember walking into my shop carrying something and thinking, "Boy, I sure love my little shop" and promptly tripping on a stack of flooring that "someone else" (DH) had put there! Beat up both shins and my butt! Oh well, guess I'd rather be walking through life with lovely visions of projects dancing in my head! :rolleyes: Debra

I don't get near as many bruises as I used to when I was cleaning houses. However I do still get them every once in awhile and sometimes it is quite embarrassing. The most embarassing thing I've done lately, that fortunately didn't leave a major mark or bruise is I was walking to get outside of the Wal-Mart store I work at and as a shortcut I walk through where the shopping carts are kept. Well, the opening to outside there is only about 5 feet high and I was watching where I was stepping on the floor since it was wet. Guess what happened? Hit my head on the wall at the opening. And of course there had to be about 6 people around. I was more embarrassed than anything. And of course felt like crawling into a box and closing the lid. I barely had a mark on my forehead and a tiny little headache that was forgotten about within an hour. I must have a really hard head.

Terri

Fashion Tip:

Never wear Flip Flops or open toed sandals when you go grocery shopping.

*you will bang your poor lil toes on the cart wheels..I promise you!*