Delete Gallery Entry

I do think you can delete the whole album but not an individual pic as sometimes there are links from the GL store/blog site and if a pic would "disappear" without moderators knowing of it removing possible links etc we would end up with loss of eye candy/broken links on those pages which is no good LOL

Hugs

Have you tried going to "My controls" then to the left click "Your albums" and when there you ought to get the list of your albums and a drop down menu to edit/change/delete etc?

Hugs

No, we cant delete a whole album, thats what I was trying to do. I wish we had control of our gallery too, even for things as simple as keeping the pictures we add in chronological order.

Yes, you can indeed delete the entire album. I know..I've done it..once by mistake! oops.

But you can't delete individual pictures...which I wish we could do, as there are lots there that I'd thin out.

You do have to go to my controls, then albums, and then "delete", and it can happen.

Thanks for this thread. This was all very confusing to me when I first set up my album for the first time. Im still unable to delete photos or albums. It can be frustrating but I understand the purpose for it. I personally hate going to sites and seeing a bunch of broken links.

Ive given up on the deleting process and just edit the image. Using the edit functions Ive been able to arrange my albums. Yes, its slow and tedious but at least it can be done.

Back in the original version of the gallery software, there were limitations that required this policy. It seems that this problem has been corrected, so I'll restore the ability for members to delete their own pictures. I'll get to this sometime over the weekend and will post in this thread when completed.

I would appreciate a heads up before pictures are deleted that are being referenced by Greenleaf. I've previously contacted members for permission, so they should be aware of the situation. For those who are wondering what I talking about, please visit the Garfield Dollhouse Kit for an example. If you click the additional photos tab, there is a section Irena Kealy Owner's Gallery which links back to IAK's Garfield Dollhouse Pictures.

All of us at Greenleaf are very grateful for the wonderful pictures posted in the Gallery. Before the Internet, we would occasionally get a few Polaroid's in the mail of a dollhouse someone finished, so for the most part, we rarely got to see all the amazing things you were doing with our kits. You're albums changed all that. It's seems that Gallery is always open on someone's monitor around the office and you can always find it by following the "oohs" and "aahs" being whispered. Thank you all so much for sharing!

Dean

I would appreciate a heads up before pictures are deleted that are being referenced by Greenleaf. I've previously contacted members for permission, so they should be aware of the situation. For those who are wondering what I talking about, please visit the Garfield Dollhouse Kit for an example. If you click the additional photos tab, there is a section Irena Kealy Owner's Gallery which links back to IAK's Garfield Dollhouse Pictures.

Dean

HeeHee Dean....That be me "Irena" Thanks for the recognition :wave:

I went to one of my albums just now and picked a picture I had accidently uploaded twice and were able to delete it without any problems at all.

Hugs

I'm still confused. We've tried to delete two Westville pics I accidently put in the Fairfield album, but still can't see how to do it. Hope it's okay to ask for the "Idiot's Guide to Deleting an item from your Gallery" steps from you all kind and more techno savvy folks. I don't want to delete the whole album, which I'm afraid I'll do from the 'select an operation' drop down menu where my albums are listed.

• 1 month later...

I know I"m a little late coming to this party, but I wanted to give a HUGE Thank you to Dean and the Forum Staff for making this change so members can manage their own albums. I really appreciate letting us be able to delete pictures!

Thanks Dean!