Great find today

keinanna

I went into the local hobby store today to drool over their houses and plan which ones i want next and found a HUGE roll of lace it is wide enough to make full length sheer drapes in a 1/12 scale dollhouse. The roll was $5 and has enough to probably make over 100 sets of drapes i could not believe the price on it i of course bought it. It is ivory colored lace but with fabric dye i can make them look different it has really nice scalloped edges too. They just wanted to get rid of all their lace so i helped them with at least one roll.

Wow! What a find! Lovely lovely lace! Cool! It's hard to find good lace for curtains as it has to be so tiny. Scale is so very important in every aspect of dollhouse building and decorating. Something just a bit off-scale, than throw the whole scene off. But you've found a good lace!

I can take pictures of the lace itself if you want but otherwise it might be a little while before i get to the point of being able to do windows i have another 10 days to wait before i can start buying things again and need to buy stuff for wiring and my addition to the house before i will be able to do decorating :p

I am also open to trades if anyone is interested. Let me know what you want to trade if you are interested. I particulary could use purple fabric scraps for bedding etc.. since most of my Orchid will be done in purple