Hmmm...Ever wonder...

4miniloves

When we first got buddy, we put him in the bathroom didn't have a cage then. It was just when we went out, we came back later the door knob had teeth marks on it (brass plated doorknob)He was waiting at the front door. BUT WAIT THERES MORE. . . . :whistle: Later on he chewed trough the door!. We bought a cage. He jumped out out, we put a spare door on top with some weights, some how he got out. :p We bought a metal top later and put stuff in front of the door when we leave. He pees every where. when were gone, thats why we had to lock him up.

Wow busy furbabies!

Corwin, Buddy chewed through the door! Wholly cow! Well maybe Wholly BEAVER! We tried the kennel thing with Thumper, he got to the point of hiding under the couch when I came downstairs dressed for work... he finally won. By the time we got Bear we didn't even bother but the first night.

Missymew... how cute! I would love to know what she says to them too. Thumper will sit and make a cat like meow/yap if we do not play RIGHT when he wants us too. He can and has done this for more than an hour. MEAN mommy!

Doorknobs! Can they let themselves outside? LOL when I was young, we had a tiger striped cat that would hang on the screen door and cry till we let her in or out! That was a sight!

We find pompoms in her food dish, water dish, by the litter box,

Napoleon will occasionally leave a toy next to his litter box. I'm thinking it's the feline equivilent of reading a magazine, but I could be wrong.

Deb

LOL... reading this thread has brought back memories. I had a cat that also loved pom poms. She would go thru a bag a week. They always seemed to end up at the food bowl. The other cat I had never played with them, but she would bury them in the litter box. Both these cats have been gone for well over a year and I still find pom poms every once in a while.

When I was younger we had a pit bull. She was a part of the family. She sleep with my mom when my brother wasn't around. Every once in a while in the middle of the night I would hear a thump. I would get up and go in my moms room. The dog would have pushed her out of bed.

I have one cat now. a male tuxedo cat, Boo. He gets into everything. He likes to pull hair. HARD in the middle of the night. My poor parakeet only has one tail feather left.

I have dealt with skunk perfumed dogs running into my bedroom and jumping on my bed....Two..count em two vacuum cleaner cords that had to be replaced because the plugs were chewed off...used drinking straws in our shoes...cats lounging on top of underwear they pulled out of the hamper...cat vomit on the stairs...on the cable box...on the bed...couch...and they have all been stepped in with MY barefeet...dead mice and live mice....a fat furry cat ornament...a fat furry front door window screen ornament....

Oy..I have had cats in my life since birth..Lots of stories to tell. Like the cat who got her head stuck in a pickle jar..had to go to the vet to get it off!

LMAORTF! OMG!

How oh how did the cat get its head stuck in the pickle jar? Did you come home to find it that way?

The reading a magazine equilivance ... sounds like a great hypothisis!

Did mom ever get hurt getting pushed out of bed? I love bulldogs!

It is funny how until I graduated collage, I was terrified of dogs! The biggest fear I had was a dog comming into the yard while I was out. This stems from a terrifing eposode of Little House on the Prarie... (saw it reciently and still gives me night mares!) I rember looking at a house with my parents I was in 5th grade (by this point I was already 5'8" and 200 lbs... Never was petite a word used to describe me) a dog came running down the road barking and wagging its tail at us, I let out a primal gutteral scream and started crying and shaking and very much in a full on panic. My mom said here and pointed up a path that lead straight to the car. All my delerious self heard was here. I climbed my 5'2" 130 lb mom like a ladder! She let out a scream of pain as I knocked her to the ground... the two of us now on the ground screaming... my Dad stood up and told (not yell, but told) the dog go home. The dog tucked its tail and ran home yelping! My mother was covered in scrapes and bruises... I had not scratch. Now that is fear. Now I sleep and kiss and love all over two wonderful dogs... and know that a wagging tail is a greeting!

I was 4-5 yrs old at the times so I really do not know WHY the cat did it..but I saw it. They put the cat (and jar) in a carrier and took it to the vet. I do not know how they did it but they did.

B) Too funny - all these animal stories have me chuckling!!

I don't recall any of my dogs doing anything as funny as any of these stories, but my first yellow lab Augie did get ahold of a neighbor's pet duck once..he just trotted around the yard with the duck (had it by the neck) and the duck was quacking away, the neighbor was in a complete panic and I was trying not to laugh too hard as I chased Augie around telling him to drop it. Good thing he had a soft bite!! (he would have made a wonderful gun dog if I was that type of person ;) ) He finally dropped the duck and Mr. Duck just waddled back to his yard, quacking angrily after such humiliation and the neighbor scolded me severely. I would have been horrified if he had injured the duck, but it really was hysterical (to me anyway!) :(

This is the same dog who had a "passion" for the large pillows on my old couch (long gone, thank heavens). One time I had a neighbor look after him for a short period while we were gone. She informed me when we got home that Augie had run out the front door and down the street with this "huge" couch pillow in his mouth and she was laughing so hard she could not round him up. I guess he finally tired of the game, and returned to the house, pillow in tow! I'm sure the neighborhood got a good chuckle out of this dog's escapades. He was quite a character!

Were there still pickles in the jar?

-Susanne

No..no more pickles. It was a small mouthed jar and it was a large cat. You would think if it got it IN the jar..It could get it OUT of the jar.

I just remember my Dad witching about the vet bill...ROFL Funny things you remember from being very young.(most of it was probably filled in by the retelling of the story at the dinner table too)

Sesame Street, Electric Company, Pickle headed cat.

The only thing that runs similar to that now is when one of the cats gets into the smaller bags of potato chips.. Then they lift their head...and you got a show!

lol I dont remeber my mom getting hurt being pushed out of the bed. She would just grumble and get back in bed. But the dog still had the spot she wanted in the first place.

I have to be careful not to even use the P A R K word in my house these pups go absolutely crazy. And we had best be getting the leashes. They use use to leap off of as they RUN in circles telling with their high pitched voices to get a goin!

I have been REALLY enjoying this topic and getting quite a few laughs in...

All I can say is, anyone who trys to tell me that animals don't have their own very distinct personalities and characteristics, hasn't given their furbabies a chance! I have had two furbabies in my life and both of them have had the personality equivalent of 2 people stuffed in their little tiny bodies.

One of my favourite animal stories, stars my Dudley. He died in August 2006, and was about 16 years of age when he died.

During his last summer, he'd sit at the front door and ask to go outside. I'd open the door and he'd step down the 2 steps to the sidewalk. He'd pause and turn back to look at me. I'd wave goodbye. He'd walk along the sidewalk to the driveway, pause and turn back to look at me. Once again I'd wave and say "bye". He'd turn the corner and head down the driveway (toward the back door).

I'd lock the front door, go through the living room, through the kitchen and look out the kitchen window. I'd see him come through the cat cut-out at the bottom of the fence. He'd then sit and look up at the window. I'd go to the back door, open it, hold out my arms and exclaim "Dudley, you're home - I've missed you". He'd watch and wait until I was finished speaking, then get up and come into the house. I'd pick him up, hug him, kiss him and tell him how very much he'd been missed and that I loved him and was glad he was home. Then I'd put him down on the kitchen floor.

Dudley would then head to the front door ...... and we'd do it again, and again, and again, and again, and again .......

He loved that game. So did I.

-Susanne

now try not to be suckerd in by fairy memphis

post-2614-1213044906.jpg

just days after this pic was taken she was out in the garden and we heard birds squak and joked that she had caught one we went out to see what she was up to and she came trotting to us with a big smile on her face very proud of herself and yup she had a bird hanging out of her mouth. she hadnt hurt it just shocked it. we kept an eye on it and called the rspca to get advice. the little bird was fine and went home later that day. but memphis was watched with carefull eyes after that lol

Heavens, not that cute, innocent, angel face!!!!

I think the birds taunt my little one. I have a perch for her on my bedroom window and I noticed one day that there were about 4 little birds on the outside sill, while she was inside wanting to get them. Shadow actually thumped the window and the birds just looked at her and went about their business.... Maybe Memphis was catching them for Shadow?

Oh Susanne- That was such a sweet story it almost brough tears to my eyes. I nver knew I was a dog person til I met my Ninja pup. I love cats too, but I am bonded with my pup.

Saturday I brought a plate of brownies (the little muffin shaped ones) home from my ceramics class. I set them on the kitchen table and told the kids to help themselves. 20 minutes later my daughter complained that the plate was totally empty. My son had one. Ninja!!!! Luckily they were small. I know dogs aren't supposed to have chocolate- but since he ate rat poison and gorilla glue I guess a few brownie muffins won't hurt too bad. . .

I don't need to wonder what the animals do around our place when I'm not around, I finally just spied on them to find out. I had bought a game trail camera as a security camera for the property, but I have also used the trail cameras video feature to see who's doing what when I'm not in the house. I've discovered lots of interesting behavior 10 seconds of video at a time when the animals know the people aren't around watching. The one who normally resides on the couch is first one out and about when the people leave, and the one who sits attentively and watches the people leave the house is the first to go sack out for a nap until we return. If you ever wondered what happens at the house when you are at work or shopping, get an infrared trail or game camera that takes video clips. It's interesting who comes and goes on the property and what happens around the house. The property itself has a life of it's own when the humans are away, and so do the pets in the house. :) Jame

If you want to hear about my hamster Chewy when he gets out he now curls up on my foot. Mid you when he got out one time, let me tell you the story. . . .

My mom was sitting on the couch she sees buddy carrying a 'toy' across into his corner to 'play with it' well when the toy ran across the floor , my mom made me get up. Since then chewy now curls up on my foot when he gets out, all and all he seems rater keen in staying in the cage, :lol: