Hmmm...Ever wonder...

4miniloves

:wave: Sometimes I come home to a surprize that lets me know what my fur babies have been up to: shredded diapers, overturned trash can, empty treat bowl, tp unrolled down the stairs, emptied candy dish... my personal fave 10 pair of MY(no one elses..just mine) dirty undies in a line under the BIG picture window for the mailman!

Besides the obvious what do they do?

post-2896-1212453380_thumb.jpg

Sometimes I think that The Beautiful Melody (who lives outside) is the reincarnation of a landscape architect, she digs artistically placed holes and plays mighty hunter, so that when she's lying down in one of them we have to wait and watch for where the pair of eyeballs appear! Of course, if she hears either the word "cookie" or "walkies" she instantly appears. For the first three years of her life her "trick" was to bring sheets from our nextdoor neighbor's clothesline into our yard...

For the first three years of her life her "trick" was to bring sheets from our nextdoor neighbor's clothesline into our yard...

At least I have never had to explain to my neighbors! And LOL about hiding in the holes!

<raising right paw in the air> I do hereby solemnly swear that we pets do not do any of these things while our humans are away from the house. We are good pets and would never disturb our human's possessions or commit any violations of house rules. We are aware that humans have rules for their homes and that the rules were created for good reasons, therefore, all we do is sit by the door all day long awaiting the return of the humans we adore.

Now I'm sure you're going to ask who is doing these things if not the pets. I have an answer.

Aliens.

Yes, aliens.

They come in thru the attic vents while you're gone and mess up the house. We tell them that they should stop. We really do. We say, "Stop. Our humans would not like that." But aliens don't listen to us and they mess up your house, upturn the trashcans, shred the furniture, and play with your underwear. Then they try to eat our cat food but it isn't compatible with their delicate digestive systems and they throw it up in your shoes and on your carpet.

It is unfortunate that cats and dogs are blamed for these things, but we understand that humans would logically think that it's the pet's fault before considering that it might be aliens.

I just thought you should know.

Napoleon

<Snickering here> Napoleon, does Deb know you use her computer too (Talk about naughty pets :o ) or are the aliens typing for you ;) ? I have a pet dwarf frog and 2 fish, they don't get into too much trouble around here though ;) We did have a gold fish to jump out of his tank the night after we watch "Finding Nemo". We think he was watching the movie along with us and got "ideas" about leaving to go to the big ocean :unsure:

While I was gone last week, my daughter and granddaughter found a baby sparrow in the yard with a broken leg. They carefully placed it in a box and worried over it most of the afternoon. They found some worms out by the tomato vines which they chopped into a fine dinner. Baby chirped at them throughout the afternoon. They called and apprised me of the situation, thereby causing me to wrack my brain on how one goes about setting a tiny bird leg. Elwood (picture on left) solved the problem for me, though. By the time I arrived home he had eaten it.

Our old Beagle, Riley, was the model of canine propriety & intelligence, and on rare occasions could articulate a few words to express his opinions (his vet's staff referred to him as "that grumpy old man"lol), so it was a total culture shock for us to discover one day the partly-eaten remains of a feral kitten next to his favorite napping spot!

OMG! LOL! The worst thing my dogs ever ate that was alive when they started has been june bugs. Yes those really must be aliens. They must treaten big hurt if Bear dosen't eat crayons, cause I know he did in fact eat them the rainbow of truth comes out in the end!

... if Bear dosen't eat crayons, cause I know he did in fact eat them the rainbow of truth comes out in the end!

:unsure: OK, someone need to give me the tissues as I am laughing so hard it hurts and I need to dry of the tears!!!!

Hugs

It is amazing how much joy furbabies can give us! It is also funny how you leave and they sit at the window, and you come home and they still seem to be sitting in the same place no matter how long you are gone. Even though I come in and there are things moved around... I know aliens.

Our old beagle once brought home an entire deer hide. We never did find out who it belonged to. Right now when we are away Poetry Man loves to play with TP and he also takes tissues out of the boxes and shreds them. Tigger eats the plants and then throws them up.....for fun I guess.

Princess claws at the carpeting in front of the basement door when we leave...thinking perhaps that we are down there. She has about destroyed that section of carpeting.

But none of them watch TV or listen to music or things like that......I suspect too that they nap so they can be up all night keeping us awake.

On my long days, I leave treats around the condo for Shadow to find during the day as enrichment! One day, I put them out and then followed her around as she found them all and ate them before I even left for the day! Defeated that purpose!!! LOL

DS#2's chihuahua (who thnks she's a great dane) is a very well-behaved little lady when I have stayed home with her; but whenever we visit and spend the day sightseeing and the son's at work, there's ALWAYS a wet spot, usually in front of the front door; she doesn't like being left alone!

You can read all about my puppy's adventures in my blog below. DH is ready to ship Ninja off. I told him he'd go first. Strangely that didn't sit too well.

This week Ninja got into a set of vintage baseball cards that was in the center of our dining room table. (yes, I know that means he's getting on my table.) Previous adventures include (but are not limited to) shredding an entire feather duster and spreading it throughout the house, destroying numerous pairs of my (and only my) shoes, tearing all the ribbons off of the Christmas tree, dragging the contents of the bathroom trash can through the whole downstairs, and eating 2 entire loaves of bread that were in a basket on the kitchen counter.

Yes, definitely aliens. My handsome pup would NEVER act in such a way.

Wolfie a entire deer hide :o

House plants for fun... you would think a life lesson would be learned here:pullup:

Ninja! Shame!

DS#2's chihuahua (who thnks she's a great dane) ... my Thumper... my avatar thinks he is a German Shepard!

Shadow what a smart boy!

Truely it could not be our babies...:unsure:

NINJA Bad boy! I just read about him...OMG. Gotta love them. By the way we have that doggie door LOVE it!!!!

Mine ate a bottle of throat spray... a poison control hotline call, a charcoal treatment at the vet, a bath to wash off the throat spray and the charcoal covering both their faces chests and collars, a carpet cleaning, a carpet cleaning, a carpet cleaning... (Oh wt*) a rug over the now red carpet... I went to sleep.

Then this Fall they both got skunked in the fenced back yard!I wonder when that smell will ever entirly go away? When I get Bear wet I still smell it. Oh one of the many things I tried was tomato juice (do not give a skunked dog a tomato juice bath in your laundry room... still finding tomato juice!)

I know mine get into stuff. The birds have let other critters out of cages, the dogs steal stuff off the counters and tear up any garbage not put up high. The cat would bring wild birds in the house and let them go. I know they don't sleep all day because as soon as I get home, they immediately all go to sleep.

I can tell "where" Missymew has been during the daytime, and also at nighttime when we're sleeping.

We have a drawer in our coffee table that's filled with cat toys and pompoms. Missymew loves her pompoms. She carries them with her everywhere - and talks to them too! When she stops, she puts one down, and goes back for another.

We find pompoms in her food dish, water dish, by the litter box, on the stairs, in our bedroom, living room, dining room, hallways, backrooms .... Ray picks them up and puts them back in her open drawer. Me, I just leave them.

I'd sure like to know what it is she says to them though!

-Susanne

Our 4 cats practice opening doors. We have the kind of door knobs that are handles and we know 2 of them have figured out how to open them. Never thought I would have to put kid locks on the doors, but we did on the attic door and the garage door. Other than that, I am sure they are all angels while we are gone. :p