Travis T

Hello all,

I just bought my first dollhouse for my wife for Christmas - the Greenleaf Garfield kit. When it arrived today, I was surprised to find that the place I ordered it from also sent a Beacon Hill kit that I wasn't billed for - I think they shipped the wrong item, then quickly realized it and sent the proper one. Anyway, this looks like a nice site and I'm sure it will be very helpful in the near future.

Welcome!

I hope you and your wife have a great time building this house/these houses?

we have a couple of "couple" building teams and they have great fun and do Wonderful work!

looking forward to seeing your photos and hearing about your "mini" adventures!

nutti :)

Welcome to the forum. Travis :) Wow! A Garfield AND a Beacon Hill? Y'all are off to a BIG start :lol: There are many folks who have built the Beacon Hill and at least a couple are starting on the Garfield, so you're in good company.

Welcome! Glad to have you join us. I also have a Garfield which is sitting in my basement right now -- I didn't find out until after I bought the kit that it wouldn't fit through our doorways when finished! LOL Oh well, I always have something to look forward to.

Debbie

Welcome Travis! Your wife is going to love both of those houses! :lol: Now the dilemma, which one to build first?!!!! :)

You'll find lots of information and inspiration here, so I hope you'll visit often and share your pictures and progress with us! Oh ya, don't forget to ask questions if you need to! There's always someone who can help!!

I'm going to call the company and see if they want the Beacon Hill sent back, I didn't pay for it and was very surprised to see two boxes on the doorstep. debbie4159, I think we've discovered that the Garfield isn't going to fit through our doorways either, so I don't know what we are going to do. Someone told me it was 29", but the instructions say 30 1/2", which is just a shade too wide. I'm sure I'll be talking to alot of you and asking plenty of questions, this thing looks a little daunting.

Hi Travis,

Sounds like you're off to a good start! Great kit you picked out and lots of folks here (not me though) have built them. You'll find tons of ideas, lots of pictures and lots of ways to finish your houses. You're wife is gonna love it! Just one word of warning though - be careful or you may find yourself addicted to miniatures too :) :lol: j/k it's really a wonderful hobby!!

-David

Travis, elsewhere on the forum someone suggested building the Garfield in the room you're going to display it in.

I'm going to call the company and see if they want the Beacon Hill sent back

If they don't you could always bash the two kits together into one humongous megahouse (!) :lol:

Seriously, if you get as addicted as the rest of us you'll wind up building them both & going on to (I guess I can't say much bigger) & better things :)

, I think we've discovered that the Garfield isn't going to fit through our doorways either, so I don't know what we are going to do.  Someone told me it was 29", but the instructions say 30 1/2", which is just a shade too wide.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Welcome, Travis! I'm jealous ... a Garfield and a Beacon Hill!!

If the dollhouses are too big, there's an easy solution. Just move into a bigger place!! LOL Ray and I keep our Beacon Hill on the dining room table. I love to get my hands in there and move things around. You'll love whichever dollhouse you decide to keep. Looking forward to hearing stories and seeing pictures.

Susanne