Christmas caroling

Deb

<blowing a note on a pitch pipe> <tilting head and listening to another note> <tossing pitch pipe over my shoulder> Oh well, I can't carry a tune in a bucket anyway, so I'll just fake it in the key of R. :)

<singing>

~~ I wish you a mini Christmas, I wish you a mini Christmas, I wish you a mini Christmas and a Happy New Year!!! ~~

It's a little early, but I know everyone is going to get busy over the next couple of days, so I thought I'd sing my wishes to everyone before we scatter to real life activities this weekend.

<raising a glass of champagne> From my heart to yours.........I hope your holiday is filled with love and laughter, and that the new year sees all your dreams come true.

Deb

With my voice as it is right now after a nasty spell of cold/flue virus I am not able to hold any keys either :lol: so I am joining in with the base tones :) in your carols, Deb "wishing you all the best Christmas ever and mini, mini more"

Christmassy hugs

Well, since I can't really sing . . . I'll accompany you all on the piano! As long as you only sing 'Away in a Manger' and 'Oh Little Town of Bethlehem'! :) Those are the only two songs I've learned so far!! :lol: Oh and a rather short rendition of 'Jingle Bells'! :lol:

Merry Christmas to everyone and I hope that Santa Claus is good to you and yours!! :D

I haven't been on the site for absolutely ages and have missed all the chat ..... i must start afresh in the new year (gosh I say that every Xmas)

My very best wishes from Scotland to Everyone, have a wonderful time over Christmas and I hope you all have many mini pressies.

:)

Mariaskid -

Thank you for sharing your dollhouse pictures. How many ways can I say "wow". Your dolls are so expressive, and your dollhouses' so homey. Nice to hear from you. All the best to you for Christmas and the New Year.

Susanne

Well, since I can't really sing . . . I'll accompany you all on the piano!  As long as you only sing 'Away in a Manger' and 'Oh Little Town of Bethlehem'!  :) Those are the only two songs I've learned so far!!  :lol: Oh and a rather short rendition of 'Jingle Bells'!  :lol:

I took a year of piano and all I learned how to play was ping pong, so you're two and a half songs ahead of me!

<joining Anna at the piano with Teresa> Teresa, if Anna will sing the low notes, and you'll play Jingle Bells, I'll provide the precussion with a bag of jingles, er, I mean shingles. :D

C'mon everyone! Sing along!

Shingle bells, shingle bells, shingles go this way........

Oh what fun

it is to glue

fishscales on the bay (roof!)

<cackle> Okay, maybe we're better off with Oh Little Town of Bethleham. I can't hit the high notes tho and Anna is hoarse so someone else is going to have to lead.

By the way, did anyone make any eggnog? How about Christmas sugar cookies? Do we have any of those? If anyone is up to it, we can hook up a hay wagon to a team of horses and go caroling on a hay ride. We can start with visiting the Beacon Hills and then move onto the Arthurs and then the Garfields and then, well, you get the idea.

Deb

I have the song books so we wont have to remember any words.

a quick trip to Hollys pub and we will need them.

chocolate covered pretzels anyone? peanut butter balls?

I have some cookies

ham is in the oven. and the pies are in the fridge.

big huggggzzzz to all!

have Happy Holidays!

and for those who dont celebrate....

Have a great weekend!

I lub you guys!

nutti :)

Shingle bells, shingle bells, shingles go this way........

Oh what fun

it is to glue

fishscales on the bay (roof!)

Deb, you're hilarious!! :) I love it!!

Okay, Brian's making cinnamon buns, I have store-bought eggnog and we can always punch it up a bit with some rum (balls?). :lol:

I have my reindeer head piece so I'm all ready to board that wagon and make merry!!

~~Oh little town of Greenleaf dollhouses,

how bright we see thee shine!

with glue and spackle and paint and jingles (shingles)

the floors and walls go up!~~

We can finish up at the Glencroft pub drinking eggnog, negus or wassail & singing "Deck Us All With Boston Cholly", a la Pogo  :)

<giggling> Ever walk into a greenhouse and ask them if they have Boston Cholly?

Yay!! The Pub's open tonight! Woooooohooooooo!! There shall be dart throwing and billiard playing and lots of making merry!

Deb

I have the song books so we wont have to remember any words.

a quick trip to Hollys pub and we will need them.

heheheheheee Good point. I'm glad you thought of that. After a couple glasses of egg nog, we'll all think we sound like Tony Bennet anyway. :) <munching on a pretzel> These are really good Nutti!

Deb

Deb, you're hilarious!!  :)  I love it!!

Okay, Brian's making cinnamon buns, I have store-bought eggnog and we can always punch it up a bit with some rum (balls?).  :lol:

I have my reindeer head piece so I'm all ready to board that wagon and make merry!!

~~Oh little town of Greenleaf dollhouses,

how bright we see thee shine!

with glue and spackle and paint and jingles (shingles)

the floors and walls go up!~~

<cackle, snerkle> Oh, that's just too funny! You're good at this!

<handing over the bottle of Captain Morgan's spiced> This'll pep that egg nog right up! Love the reindeer hat!

How 'bout this one:

~~You better watch out, you better not cry,

better not pout, I'm telling you why..

Ernie Claus is coming to town!

He's making a list, reading it back,

gonna find out who's credit card's maxed..

Ernie Claus is coming to town.

He sees you when you spackle,

He knows if you've got shakes,

He knows if you've been painting walls

And if your wiring's taped!

So, you better watch out, you better not cry,

Wait by the chimney for the glue to get dry..

Ernie Claus is coming to town!~~

Deb

For those of us too young to remember reading "Pogo":

Deck us all with Boston Cholly,

WallaWalla wash & Kalamazoo.

Nora's freezin' on the trolley,

Swaller dollar cauliflower, allagaroo.

Don't we know archaic barrell,

Lily boy, lullaby, Louisville Lou.

Slobby Molly don't love Harold,

Boola Boola Pensacoola, hullabaloo.

This has absolutely nothing whatever to do with minis, but I sing it everytime I get a snootful of eggnog.

You guys are crazy!! You make me laugh so. All the best to all of you over Christmas, New Years, and the Holidays. Whatever you celebrate I hope that you enjoy peace, friendship and warm fuzzies!!

Thanks for the friendships that you have all extended to me in such a short time. I check into this site each day, because I love to hear all the stories and see how everyone is.

Cheers...and lots of mini hugs

Susanne

This has absolutely nothing whatever to do with minis, but I sing it everytime I get a snootful of eggnog.

<clapping delightedly> Holly, you're just too cool! I couldn't remember all the words to it. <handing over a glass of eggnog> That was great!

Deb