Mini-swaps

LPCullen

Welcome to the mini-swaps area everyone! We're looking forward to starting up some swaps with all of you, and we are considering having a swap every other month. CatColorado has agreed to collaborate with me on the swaps (I am basically good at coordinating, and she can take some of the simplest items and come up with the most fantastic miniatures!), and I greatly thank her for her willingness to assist! It has also been suggested that we do a demo on the 'off' months. Something along the lines of "Make something small today!" where we make something from very basic items, which is something that CatColorado excels in! We hope that this will encourage all of you to participate in the swaps and to show various ways different materials can be used. October and December are popular months because of their associated holidays, so if those months are to be swap months, then the other swaps would happen February, April, June, August, October, and December. That will give us three holiday months and three neutral months.

We don't yet have themes, and will most likely poll them, so let me know what you all think. Very shortly I will either post some things in the gallery or provide a webshots link so that all of you can see what has been done in other places to give you some ideas. However, please bear with me because it may take me a little time to get those up.

Let me know what you all think!

Sounds interesting and fun. I've never participated in or know anything about how this works, so will be glad to read further info.

Peggi

Hey David! Welcome aboard! Yes, the swaps have hooked me for sure. When I get back to the other house I will post in some pix of some swaps at the other forum so that people can see some things that have been made, and Cat is graciously helping me with things as well!

However, I hate to say this, but finalizing the swaps may be temporarily delayed. I leave for vacation on Tuesday and won't return until the following Sunday. Plus hubby is still recovering from the snake bite (copperhead). But please, anyone interested, go ahead and post in here and we will talk about getting things rolling and get things set up.

In the meantime, I will try to get some things up to give people an idea of things, and of course anyone with questions, please ask Cat (did I say no pressure Cat? I might not have meant that ...)

Hurrah, David's here!

I don't know about swaps either, Peggi, but they sound like lots of fun.

Linda, we're leaving a week from Tuesday for two months, so I won't be able to participate in swaps until after we get back.

Boy oh boy are swaps ever addictive! You can fill and furnish an entire room sometimes because of the wonderful things you get from those who participate in them. You all are in for a REAL treat.

I can't wait to see how Linda does them too. I have done several with different forums & digests so to do one here will be special for sure! :lol:

I love doing the swaps. Tracy's right they are addictive :lol: . Sometimes I spend more time thinking and working on the swaps than I do my dollhouses. I can't wait to sign up. Linda does a great job keeping everything organized and running smoothly and with Cat helping this should be a lot of fun.

Nice to see you here David. How is your Gypsy wagon coming along?Can we see some pictures?

Linda, I hope Jimmy is recovering from his snake bite. I am absolutely terrified of snakes. We were walking in the yard last summer and I saw one a few feet away from me and I totaly freaked. Caesar (my boyfried) almost had to call the paramedics because I got so scared I had trouble breathing, and it was only a small garter snake. We did have a baby copperhead on the porch one summer and I couldn't leave the house for a few days. I was that scared. Not a good phobia for someone who lives in the country.

terri

Helloooo all! :D

I would like to offer a suggestion about the first swap.

up till now this has mainly been a building forum.

and everyone has something they enjoy doing better than others

we want everyone to feel like they too can make a swap....this can be very intemidating for those of us without much imagination or ideas

or fear of "its not good" :D

so how about a getting to know you swap and we make it an anything goes!

we all have houses with need of "something"

and for those of us with more than one house...we really need "something"

so thats my suggestion.

and if you think I already have an idea of what I would make......wrong :lol:

Ill be trying to come up with something "good" til the very last second :D

always happens :p

laterzzz

nutti :D

The swaps sound like fun. Here are some ideas:

Fantasy--this can go off in any direction

1- fairytales, 2-movies 3- fables, mythology 4- horror

Household stuff--stuff for cleaning, organizing your kit-- or items to swap for building a kit, components, crown mouldings, etc.

Foods--this too can be themed any way you like

furniture--again, any direction or period!

clothing and laundry

garden, landscaping, etc.

pictures, decorative pieces

These are just a few I have seen from other swaps. Or in a fireplace swap which is called a 'make' that I was participating in--name an item, like the fireplace, and it cannot be bought, it has to be made ENTIRELY by you..this could be anything for a dollhouse.

Thank you, Nutti and Lisa, great ideas! When we get the polls going we will be sure to include your ideas. Please, if anyone has a pet project or favorite theme, let us know! Post it here or IM Linda or Myself. Linda will be leaving on vacation this Tuesday, so lets use this time for brainstorming. We could even do a gypsy theme, David are you out there?

For informational purposes, I have provided some links to swap items made by members of another forum that I belonged to. These are monthly swaps, and each month has its own theme. For that month, the persons signed up to participate in the swap were to make an item for a certain room in a miniature dollhouse.

Here are the links:

January Swap- theme = Kitchen

http://community.webshots.com/album/339761433tuSlkm

February Swap - theme = Bedroom

http://community.webshots.com/album/339760496wtgkms

March Swap - theme = Music Room

http://community.webshots.com/album/339685113PBQTQb

April Swap - theme = Pantry

http://community.webshots.com/album/337528276HhJtLm

Hi everyone, I finally got online and re-registered. I think having a swap would be alot of fun. I can think of all kinds of goodies to make. Can't wait to see how we do this.

lyn

Hi everyone, I finally got online and re-registered.  I think having a swap would be alot of fun.  I can think of all kinds of goodies to make.  Can't wait to see how we do this.

lyn

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Welcome! Once Linda gets back from vacation, we'll get the particulars all hammered out and posted. If you have a specific swap theme you would like us to do, just holler.