Anyone play an instrument?

doogster

I come from a VERY musical family. My grandmother is a singer and composer, my grandfather is a conductor (brass band of battle creek, MSU marching band, etc) and plays the trumpet. My mother plays flute, sister plays saxophone, I play the viola, my boy plays the trombone and my dad plays everything. Mostly trumpet, banjo, piano, and guitar.

I play the viola. Got to play in Europe during High School. I'm pretty rusty now though, haven't played much lately. A couple years ago my grandpa, father, and brother played a trumpet trio in concert together. I cried cause it was really great.

Over the years I have played many instruments - piano has been the longest and most proficient - lost my piano so I only have a tiny little keyboard now (boo hoo hoo - maybe someday I'll have another one - hope, hope, hope). Taught piano a little bit too.

But there was also the clarinet in the school band, a brief date with accordions (not what you would call terribly successful), then a bit of flute, then on to classical guitar.

These old arthritic hands don't work too well for any of them now but I still play piano just for relaxation and personal fun.

I've played several things growing up. French horn, saxaphone, drums, piano, fiddle (that's the same as the violin, but it is played down here in the south!), guitar, lap harp, mountain dulcimer, celtic flute, native american flute, and bass. Most of which was self taught.

In fact, I just got a new bass as well. Last month I picked up a black accoustic electric bass. It is absolutely beautiful!

Playing finger cymbols to the beat may drive Doug crazy, but it keeps my hands limber ! They are tuned to C+ and weigh a half pound each cybol....set of four equals one pound. You've not lived until you've played them to disco music! Ah yes, Wolfie is absolutely insane! Yes, that is why I'm here. My theropy....oh doctor, where are you when I need you?

My oldest son is playing the trombone in the school band this year.. this is the first year they allow them to play and he is so excited.! I got his trombone from freecycle.!!!

My youngest wants to learn to play the guitar... Santa Claus !!!!

Kellee