Magnolia problem

lili

So, My friend told me the other day she had a dollhouse for me.I proceded to get very excited until she showed it to me. It's a magnolia and apparently one of her aunts was building it ( if you can call what she did to it building). It was built with hot glue and it looks like a mini tornado hit it. Now my dilema is do I try to salvage as is or should I take it apart and start from the ground up?

Lili, I promise you that it's easier to take the whole thing apart (a blow-dryer will soften the hot glue nicely) if it's that bad, and go from the ground up. It's a delightful build and one of the most elegant houses when built. Do take before pictures and also pictures of its dismantlement as well as pictures of the build & finished product; you will amaze yourself with the transformation.

I look forward to the transformation!

I 2nd Holly about the ease of construction and the room deminsions are simply wonderful!

take the hot glue off give it some sanding and start again. no wonder the original builder stopped....use of hot glue....she probably hated it and was embarresed it turned out so.

good luck with your rehab/rebuild

looking forward to the photos!

nutti :yikes:

• 3 weeks later...

Here it is I finally got my computer to cooperate. Here are the the pictures. Ah, I just realised that I do not know how to put a link on the post. Anyways, the album is called Troubled Magnolia. Like I said any and all help and suggestions will be appreciated.

I'm fairly certain you can get the original set of construction sheets at the Greenleaf store, to read on your pc. I also say start over. I had never done a tab-n-slot house until I found my"Mystery House", falling apart at a fleamarket, and rehabbed it. It's worth the effort.

I agree with everyone here! The Magnolia is a lovely doll house and should be re-built! Just take it all apart and start from the beginning! Hopefully she didn't get all that far!

Wolfie