Jump to content
BeaconHill-kitchen-floor.jpg
 

BeaconHill-kitchen-floor.jpg



Floor done! I love victorian style tiles, this went a lot faster than I expected but on hindsight I shouldn't be tiling during the night, not enough light to see that I was making a mess... lol. Had to wash them several times and there are still bits of glue here and there, I'll let them dry overnight and clean them up later.  

  • Like 3

From the album:

~ Beacon Hill ~

  • 16 images
  • 0 comments
  • 174 image comments

Photo Information for BeaconHill-kitchen-floor.jpg

Taken with Apple iPhone 6s

  • 4.2 mm
  • 1/33
  • f f/2.2
  • ISO 80
View all photo EXIF information

Recommended Comments

Your floor is fantastic and looks like it was an incredibly intricate job. But, having lived in several houses with floors like this I can say you have captured the look perfectly! Bravo.:clap:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
50 minutes ago, Debsrand56 said:

Ah!  I love this floor!  What did you use for the tile?  Is it real linoleum?  Paint chips?

the whole room looks amazing and yes, please inquiring minds would like to know about the floor and I personally would like to know about your wainscoting - please and thank you!

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Debsrand56 said:

Ah!  I love this floor!  What did you use for the tile?  Is it real linoleum?  Paint chips?

The tiles are cut from thin laminated wood with a coat of vinyl paint, they look very realistic after assembled just like a real tile :)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
14 minutes ago, Qubanqtee said:

the whole room looks amazing and yes, please inquiring minds would like to know about the floor and I personally would like to know about your wainscoting - please and thank you!

Thank you! The tiles are thin laminated wood with a vynil paint coat, cut into small shapes to assemble. For the wainscot I used 'skinny strips' (coffe stirers) spaced evenly and topped with a 'chair rail' and baseboard trim. It was quite easy to put this room together, just takes a bit of time and patience :)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
46 minutes ago, Samusa said:

Your floor is fantastic and looks like it was an incredibly intricate job. But, having lived in several houses with floors like this I can say you have captured the look perfectly! Bravo.:clap:

Thank you! I love victorian floors so much, wish I was lucky to have a house from that period, I think I'd never use rugs hehe :D

Link to comment
4 minutes ago, rbytsdy said:

Beautiful-- love that beadboard. Was it a pre-made piece or did you lay individual boards?

isn't is amazing?  I was going to do something else with my San Franciscan Kitchen and now I'm thinking that this would be better.  It's just breathtaking. She used coffee stirrers, those skinny ones - I have to go find some.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Amazing.  Love the tile.  I don't know if I could cut wood pieces exact enough to accomplish such a beautiful floor.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
8 hours ago, rbytsdy said:

Beautiful-- love that beadboard. Was it a pre-made piece or did you lay individual boards?

Thank you, it was assembled with individual boards, I thought of using a template but the popsickle sticks kept trying to warp so I had to glue them directly into the dollhouse wall to keep them straight. :) 

Link to comment
8 hours ago, pgwyn said:

Amazing.  Love the tile.  I don't know if I could cut wood pieces exact enough to accomplish such a beautiful floor.

Glad you like it, they are quite easy to assemble but a bit of a pain to cut. I buy them already cut into these shapes from the UK, I sent them a picture with the custom colors I needed. They are very nice, I've been getting most of my flooring materials from them, the veneers are very thin yet sturdy so they'll last me a lifetime :) 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
8 hours ago, Qubanqtee said:

isn't is amazing?  I was going to do something else with my San Franciscan Kitchen and now I'm thinking that this would be better.  It's just breathtaking. She used coffee stirrers, those skinny ones - I have to go find some.

I got the idea from other people in the forums here as well hehe, those coffee stirrers are really handy :) I got them in packs of 200 pieces for 3 pounds a pack, 1 pack goes a long way, this size is great to decorate doors and shutters as well (Holy did some great doors with these)

Link to comment
4 hours ago, wormwoodz said:

Glad you like it, they are quite easy to assemble but a bit of a pain to cut. I buy them already cut into these shapes from the UK, I sent them a picture with the custom colors I needed. They are very nice, I've been getting most of my flooring materials from them, the veneers are very thin yet sturdy so they'll last me a lifetime :) 

Great resource!  I wondered how you got the tiles so perfect.  I think you should submit a picture to their customer gallery, to show what beautiful things can be made with their products.  :)  I am definitely bookmarking this site.  When/if I do the Art Deco house, I want a black and white tile floor, but I want to step it up a little.  Their stuff is gorgeous, and they do half scale. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Debsrand56 said:

Great resource!  I wondered how you got the tiles so perfect.  I think you should submit a picture to their customer gallery, to show what beautiful things can be made with their products.  :)  I am definitely bookmarking this site.  When/if I do the Art Deco house, I want a black and white tile floor, but I want to step it up a little.  Their stuff is gorgeous, and they do half scale. 

Ah yes I told them they could use any picture from my Fairfield if they'd like, not sure if they did. Some of their tiles work for small scale too, the quarter inch squares and triangles and the half inch squares look nice too (like my porch and kitchen). They are very nice and I definitely recomend! If you can't find what you are looking for you can send them a picture and explain what you have in mind, they'll cut them for you as long as it's not weird shapes and angles :)

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...